Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by RGR
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

Rankings are absolutely meaningless. Yet it seems 25% of threads on pinside are about what's ranked where. Pay no attention to them, play pins with an open mind and no preconceived notion. You will discover what you like. Ignore the masses.

I agree with most of this. That may sound strange, but I do. The rankings are an indication, a tool. Compare it to the music charts. Who here likes Justin Bieber? He's in all the top 100 charts, he must be good right? Of course not! (Sorry Bieber fans)

Look at the rankings as a way to organize machines. I'm gonna be adding some new features to the machine ratings and to the rankings list but ideas are still brewing. In the meantime, do discuss the rankings - it's a great topic to talk about - but realize that your opinion (or what you consider to be the common opinion) is not always what everyone else has in mind. I for one think it's blasphemy that a great game like Mousin' Around is beyond #100.

Rankings are not meaningless, but they're in no way set in stone. It's the average opinion after all. If everyone would agree to the Top 100 list, that would mean everyone feels the same, pretty boring if you ask me.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-with-the-pinside-rankings?tu=robin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.