(Topic ID: 96250)

What's the deal with Minnesota pinheads?

By jewboyflowerhead

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by ccotenj
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

l_c058eb745cd12d4a86a7c88bc36d520f.jpg

#1 7 years ago

I've have several transactions and have exchanged numerous emails with the Minneapolis pinsiders. They have always been exceptionally polite. I have never recieved the following pms from any Minnesota peeps:

I have $500 cash in hand for your spiderman...
    or
    I will trade you my gottlieb monte carlo for your spiderman straight up.

Every trade, sale, or pm has always been pleasant. All machines I have recieved have been well represented and always better than advertised

Must be something in the water streaming down from the great white north.
    rant over

Just a public "thank you" to all that I have dealt with

#2 7 years ago

I'll give you $500 cash for that DM?

#3 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bohdi:

I'll give you $500 cash for that DM?

Nope. Must have "cash in hand"

#4 7 years ago

I've got $800 cash for you Black Rose!

Oh wait, you're in Omaha and I'm in Boston. You're gonna have to come down another $200 to split the shipping with me.

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from jewboyflowerhead:

Nope. Must have "cash in hand"

Oh, me bad. Yes, it's in my hand.

#6 7 years ago

I guess now you opened a can a worms.

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinballnut3:

I guess now you opened a can a worms.

LOL Wide open! But it's all in fun and for a good laugh.

On a more serious note, I'll give you $1000 for your TAF.

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinfidel:

LOL Wide open! But it's all in fun and for a good laugh.

It is all in good fun. Us Minnesotans are polite and usually great to deal with. That is, until we get a few cocktails in us..

#9 7 years ago

I just had a deal with a Minnesotan fall a part because he changed his mind about selling (I was paying full asking price and going to pick up the next morning) so they are not all great guys.

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from ssbodyman:

I just had a deal with a Minnesotan fall a part because he changed his mind about selling (I was paying full asking price and going to pick up the next morning) so they are not all great guys.

Yup. There are dicks here just like everywhere.

#11 7 years ago

It's cold here in the winter and you never know when you are going to need a hug to stay warm. So you have to be nice!

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Yup. There are dicks here just like everywhere.

I know and really don't mind if someone is a dick, but this guy is really pretty cool. I spent a couple hours at his place shooting the shit while making a deal, then the next morning he changes his mind WTF. Nice guy- dick move.

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from ssbodyman:

I know and really don't mind if someone is a dick, but this guy is really pretty cool. I spent a couple hours at his place shooting the shit while making a deal, then the next morning he changes his mind WTF. Nice guy- dick move.

Eh, don't take it to heart. Maybe his wife got to him or maybe he got nervous at spending all that money. But that is an aggravating let down.

#14 7 years ago

Have done many deals with MN guys and all have been great.

#15 7 years ago

If they ended their sentences with eh you would think they were Canadians.

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from ssbodyman:

Have to agree - should have thought out more prior to agreeing on terms - Hmm a neighbor too

#17 7 years ago

Dealing with pinheads from Omaha has always been pleasant as well.

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bohdi:

It is all in good fun. Us Minnesotans are polite and usually great to deal with. That is, until we get a few cocktails in us..

No statement uttered has ever possessed more sheer truth.... My entire family is from small town MinnesOta...

l_c058eb745cd12d4a86a7c88bc36d520f.jpg

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

Nooo waaay eh...

#20 7 years ago

minnesotans are all descended from vikings so they're not that nice

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from jewboyflowerhead:

I've have several transactions and have exchanged numerous emails with the Minneapolis pinsiders. They have always been exceptionally polite.

and thank you sir for trusting me on our deal, you saved me a lot of $$$ and time, you went above and beyond. Still lovin my TFTC. But the topper is to tall for my ceiling.

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

should have thought out more prior to agreeing on terms - Hmm a neighbor too

I'm the neighbor, guilty as charged. I made a mistake but I learned from it.

#23 7 years ago

It's because they get most of thier pins from WI so they have to be nice or we will cut them off.

#24 7 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisS:

It's because they get most of thier pins from WI so they have to be nice or we will cut them off.

Not me, every other state but yours. That way I know I'm getting a good deal on a great game.

#25 7 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

I swear I heard an "aboot" from jonogo last time I was spoke with him. Its kinda the same, right?

#26 7 years ago

Ya shhhhure you betcha.

#27 7 years ago

It's called "Minnesota Nice" ...that's what I learned from the extras on the Fargo DVD

#28 7 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

I'm the neighbor, guilty as charged. I made a mistake but I learned from it.

good to see someone man up.... wish it would happen more often...

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside