Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 66 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6A6904F9-BEE2-46D8-8F6C-56D831350736 (resized).png
    297 (resized).jpg
    8B8D57DB-1233-4079-93F6-2DC36AA3EA66 (resized).jpeg
    71E3E472-B347-476F-A5EF-8109DCA80E95 (resized).png
    CE8F5164-87F3-457F-8B5A-A8DF833C813D (resized).png
    EF0659B5-62CE-4A3B-AEC2-65895AE96F9F (resized).png
    9780D937-2186-4863-869A-B13F4D4C0240 (resized).jpeg
    4B780711-F6DB-4B99-8E87-27E9CBB27B2D (resized).png
    There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 1 year ago
    Quoted from Strohz:

Please do that, otherwise I agree with the others it’s annoying. Going ad-free is one of the benefits of Pinside+ I enjoy.

Then why did you link the Bond games to this topic, causing the ads to show up in the first place?

#52 1 year ago
    Quoted from Palmer:

If you really want to generate more revenue, you should take a look at all the people who use Pinside to list games for sale, but then close the ad and choose "Sold elsewhere" as the reason why. There are sooooo many pinsiders that use the classifieds but then do not pay the fee when it sells as a result of that listing. It is way too easy to skirt the system.

Yup, additional revenue streams are needed when the current ones aren't sufficient. However there are many Pinsiders who skirt the selling fees. Addressing that alone may negate the need for these intrusive ads.

Also, on mobile the pink ads look a lot like the bottom ads. If one makes it's way into the middle of a thread because some # of posts have been made on that page, and you're scrolling on mobile, it often looks like you hit the last post as there's a pink ad under it which I'm conditioned to think is the bottom of the page... only to later find out there were multiple posts under it. It's basically why this is a poor idea and execution because its disrupting the flow and reading experience.

#53 1 year ago

Quick update! I did some tweaking to the SE ad design (like hiding the ad text on smaller screens) and also added a setting for Pinside+ members to hide SE ad banners all together, if you so desire.

Use at your own risk though, you might miss great deals

#54 1 year ago
    Quoted from Palmer:

If you really want to generate more revenue, you should take a look at all the people who use Pinside to list games for sale, but then close the ad and choose "Sold elsewhere" as the reason why. There are sooooo many pinsiders that use the classifieds but then do not pay the fee when it sells as a result of that listing. It is way too easy to skirt the system.

I have only tried to sell a few games or parts on Pinside, but I also cross post on FB MP. Everything always sold on FB. I have a feeling that happens a lot to others as well.

#55 1 year ago
    Quoted from robin:

Quick update! I did some tweaking to the SE ad design (like hiding the ad text on smaller screens) and also added a setting for Pinside+ members to hide SE ad banners all together, if you so desire.

That's great service to those plus members.

#56 1 year ago
    Quoted from robin:

Where can I find this setting?

#57 1 year ago
    Quoted from Brewchap:

Where can I find this setting?

hit the gear icon near the search box. Then its the last setting under "HIDING CONTENT FROM VIEW"

1 week later
    #58 1 year ago

As a Pinside+ member, how do I get these ads out of threads that I start? I'm already donating money to Pinside, so maybe I could be viewed as a subscriber and ads can stay out of threads that I start?

#60 1 year ago

That is not something I have thought of yet, but I will take your request into consideration.

#61 1 year ago

Canceled my Pinside+ subscription the moment I saw this start. The tier stuff always starts this way - let in a little and boom - ads everywhere. Pay more to get them away, and then the tier shifts, over and over, and over. Reminds me of Netflix when you had ZERO ADS EVER for $4.99. Now it's what, $20, for that?

#62 1 year ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Canceled my Pinside+ subscription the moment I saw this start. The tier stuff always starts this way - let in a little and boom - ads everywhere. Pay more to get them away, and then the tier shifts, over and over, and over. Reminds me of Netflix when you had ZERO ADS EVER for $4.99. Now it's what, $20, for that?

With any new features, there's usually going to be a break-in period with feedback, like this thread.

I'm not sure if you saw, but with Pinside+, you can turn off the "superexclusive" ads in your site settings: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/settings

Quoted from robin:

#63 1 year ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:With any new features, there's usually going to be a break-in period with feedback, like this thread.
    I'm not sure if you saw, but with Pinside+, you can turn off the "superexclusive" ads in your site settings: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/settings

If we are a paying subscriber, shouldnt that be opt out by default, and the user can opt in if desired.

#64 1 year ago

I agree. An auto pay monthly subscriber (such as myself) shouldn't be required to turn off anything that wasn't there when they auto subscribed.

2 weeks later
    #65 1 year ago

Pinside heart is still red and the mid-thread ads are back.

Booooooooooo!!!

2 weeks later
    #66 1 year ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

Pinside heart is still red and the mid-thread ads are back.
    Booooooooooo!!!

Check out https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/settings#hiding
    (last setting)

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-up-with-these-mid-thread-ads/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.