Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by snaroff
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3133 (resized).jpeg
    #1 6 years ago

Picked up an Xmen LE and the lockdown bar was moving around like a mofo, Driving me nuts
    I had to basically reinstall the lockdown receiver, Sucks since they already drilled into the cabinet and the new holes are really close to the old. lucky I didn't have to toothpick or bondo it. why can't they just have adjustments like Williams machines. Guess that's why they went with the latch type.

is there some other method people do to get these to work right? can you install the Williams type recievers with the adjustments?

#2 6 years ago

I had premiums and les that moved around a bit. I preferred the pro models latch lockdown as it was more solid.

#3 6 years ago

I saw some guy "rip" off a lockdown bar at Pinburgh during some exciting gameplay. I think it was RBION, but can't remember.

I don't know why everyone complains about the two latch system they use now. I like it so much more than anything else.

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

I don't know why everyone complains about the two latch system they use now. I like it so much more than anything else.

Completely agree. People hate change I guess. This is a much better design.

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from huo:

I had premiums and les that moved around a bit. I preferred the pro models latch lockdown as it was more solid.

I don't have any pro's, is the system different or something?

Quoted from desertT1:

I saw some guy "rip" off a lockdown bar at Pinburgh during some exciting gameplay. I think it was RBION, but can't remember.

The only complaint I have is you have to unlatch both sides instead of just popping it off. That's really not a big deal at all to me, just not what people are used to I guess. I'd prefer it if they got it right from the factory in the first place.

All my other premiums from that time frame are kinda loose, but holy crap that one was super loose. Guess I'll give the others the same treatment.

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from hocuslocus:

I don't have any pro's, is the system different or something

Theres two latches on both sides inside the coinbox area. Its pretty easy. Basically no handle to unlatch the lockdown bar like on prems and les.

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

I agree, too. At first I thought they were an annoying cost cutting feature but they do work very well. Now I actually think they are a superior design. It doesn't take any effort to reach in and use those latches. Everything is secured down tight.

#8 6 years ago

Is there a picture of the pro lock down bar or is it in the pro manual?

Just curious as I haven't messed with any pros so I haven't seen one would like to see the difference.

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from Lamprey:

Is there a picture of the pro lock down bar or is it in the pro manual?
    Just curious as I haven't messed with any pros so I haven't seen one would like to see the difference.

I think the old pro versions are like the ones they use on all new ones.

#10 6 years ago

When the Pro versions first came out I had a lot of reservations about things like "pegs" and stuff. But the lockdown bar I liked. Much less of a PITA.

For those not familiar but know arcade games think of it as a CP latching system. Reach in on each side and find something similar to the same thing they used on back boxes.

Of course then they took the back box system and screwed that up also. Any fans?

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

When the Pro versions first came out I had a lot of reservations about things like "pegs" and stuff. But the lockdown bar I liked. Much less of a PITA.
    For those not familiar but know arcade games think of it as a CP latching system. Reach in on each side and find something similar to the same thing they used on back boxes.
    Of course then they took the back box system and screwed that up also. Any fans?

Having the bolts on the outside is amazing. Plus too many people think that latch is enough to hold the head on. It's not.

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from hocuslocus:

I think the old pro versions are like the ones they use on all new ones.

I looked at the Star Wars manual and it has an illustration of the two latches. So, I understand it now. I'm sure it works just fine. However, I'd rather have the more traditional lockdown bar mechanism; 1) for ease of use and 2 for adjustability. But, I guess they needed to save a couple of bucks on parts.

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from Lamprey:

I looked at the Star Wars manual and it has an illustration of the two latches. So, I understand it now. I'm sure it works just fine. However, I'd rather have the more traditional lockdown bar mechanism; 1) for ease of use and 2 for adjustability. But, I guess they needed to save a couple of bucks on parts.

It is actually a lot more solid than the old design. I was sceptical at first but prefer the latch system now. The lockdown bar is solid with no loose play.

3 years later
    #14 3 years ago

My KISS Premium latch lockdown was giving me the same grief. Came up with a really simple fix that doesn't involve moving the receiver (which is a PITA).

The Stern lockdown comes with insulation installed on the glass side. I simply added thin insulation on the opposite side to give the bar more lift. Worked like a charm! Figured I post the solution to help someone down the road...

IMG_3133 (resized).jpegIMG_3133 (resized).jpeg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-up-with-these-loose-stern-lockdown-bars and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.