Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by kcZ
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

So I'm in the market for another game.... Sub $3k game unless a great deal arises.

I played Dredd at VFW Open House and it seemed fun... Made the list.

I500, The Shadow, DH and RS made the list also. Dredd was behind them. Now a few possible Dredd sales pop up within driving distance...

am I over valuing Dredd? I played one at MGC but I think it was broken as I could not get multi ball. I have a small collection. Only the best stick around... TZ. I'm fine with buying the game of I think that I can "break close to even" six months down the line.

#2 7 years ago

multi ball is achieved by starting black out which is 2 ball or by knocking down the dredd targets in order to light the left ramp then locking 3 balls up the left ramp to start the main 5 ball multi ball.

I love my JD it's not going anywhere unless I find a fair priced nicer one.

#3 7 years ago

I just got my JD today and so glad I decided to buy it. A ton of fun!

#4 7 years ago

I have a Dredd and shadow for sale right now in market. Buy both of them to add to your collection or you can trade me that funhouse But seriously, not sure why so many Dredds popping up, just my luck when I'm trying to sell mine haha. It's a fun game and a favorite of my visitors. Plenty to do with 9 modes plus wizard and four judges to defeat. Looks great LEDed too but a pain in the arse to do it. But shadow is even better.

#5 7 years ago

This happens all the time. One game seems to pop up all over then dries up. Next month it will be like NGG or something.

My JD arrives tomorrow.

#6 7 years ago

Must be the next remake...... seriously though jd is a fun loaded john t pin with different layout with lots of shots. I miss mine but out of all john t pins congo has lasted the longest.

#7 7 years ago

Im in the market for a Judge Dredd and they keep popping up for me closer and closer. 2 within the past week here in Ohio. Each option is different for me - the one in IN posted above requires a 3 hour drive but it is very nice. The other 2 are closer but one has no LEDs and no topper the other had a couple things that need fixing.

Doesnt seem like anyone wants to drop under $2500. In weighing the pros and cons of each it is mostly coming down to price.

#8 7 years ago

Geez, another one popped up. I'm getting tempted to take a drive but if I wait it out maybe one will pop up closer.

#9 7 years ago

Honestly, adding the leds was such a pain that I'd pay someone a hundred just to do it if I had to do it over. Hard to reach, tight fittings, some Required light boards taken out, just a pain but the payoff is awesome. Worth keeping in mind when you consider one, unless leds are not important to you (but boy they should be). Haha

#10 7 years ago

I love some John Trudeau pins. I picked up JD and Congo this week. Congo trumps JD by a long shot. However, I love judge dredd. They will both be staying for a long time I believe. That one for $2700 in Evansville looks nice. Seems fair. Mine is faded more.

#11 7 years ago

OP, JD would fit in great in your collection. I don't think there's any real explanation for a few suddenly coming up for sale at the same time and I seriously doubt you would have trouble getting your money back in six months if you needed to.
In fact, I don't think you can go wrong with any of the pins your are considering, but it seems most Shadow owners want more than 3k these days.
It would be a tough call between I500, RS, and JD, but I can vouch that I have owned my Dredd for 2 years and have not gotten tired of playing it. It is a really unique and fast-playing pin.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

Congo trumps JD by a long shot

Owned both and I feel the exact opposite. JD > Congo

#13 7 years ago

Man on your list The Shadow and JD are close, I500 is great, but a hair behind those two. I loved the theme and sounds, but a little repetitious. RS has a lot going on, but too linear. I haven't played DH...it looks cool, but have to imagine it would fall at 4 or 5 at best.

#14 7 years ago

My good friend has a dredd. I just bought a shadow. I'm unbiased and not married to any machine. I'll sell or trade out in a heart beat. With that said I like shadow more for sure.

#15 7 years ago

I was not really looking for a reason why the JDs have been popping up.... it is just interesting that all of them are close enough that I am considering them but far enough that I'm not driving there this weekend.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Owned both and I feel the exact opposite. JD > Congo

I own a congo and would trade for a JD in a heartbeat.

#17 7 years ago

I just checked the 3 in the area... they are all about 7 hours away give or take 15 minutes. All about the same price too. Makes things real tough which means I'll likely wait until it is too late.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods
Plastics

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-up-with-the-judge-dredd-listings?hl=djshakes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.