(Topic ID: 163121)

What's up with the GhostBusters ramp diverter?

By LOTR_breath

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Venom_249
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Can anyone explain how the ramp diverter is supposed to work?

We play one on location and it seemed to work correctly at first, now it is hit or miss. Sometimes it will divert the ball to the hole on the third ball lock. Most of the time it never diverts, even at the beginning of MB. I swear I remember when the game was new, it would divert ALL 3 ball locks to the hole.

Last night we put the game into solenoid test mode and activating "left ramp diverter" caused the gate at the top right near the end of the shooter lane to open/close. Sometimes the ramp diverter would twitch as well. I remember reading somewhere that the diverter solenoid is just piggy backed onto another circuit? Any help or suggestions appreciated.

#2 7 years ago

I know when the ball is launched the diverter will twitch, never understood why it was doing that.

#3 7 years ago

Is this only happening when your hitting the left ramp to lock balls in storage unit or to collect jackpots hitting left ramp? If so its the upper rollover switch in the left ramp. Mine did it till i bent the rollover switch up, i bent it up to where the entire roller is above the plain of the ramp. Before i did this the ball was catching air rounding the corner on ramp and missing the switch completely every game a few times

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Is this only happening when your hitting the left ramp to lock balls in storage unit or to collect jackpots hitting left ramp? If so its the upper rollover switch in the left ramp. Mine did it till i bent the rollover switch up, i bent it up to where the entire roller is above the plain of the ramp. Before i did this the ball was catching air rounding the corner on ramp and missing the switch completely every game a few times

We did ck those 3 switches on the ramp, but only by slow rolling a ball across them. I can see what you mean with a fast moving ball jumping over the switch. I will ck that next week.

3 months later
#5 7 years ago

Did you fix the problem? In solonoid test, the right diverter does not divert, or during gameplay.

#6 7 years ago

For mine.

1 week later
#7 7 years ago

No, that game was on location and got sold as is.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Can anyone explain how the ramp diverter is supposed to work?
We play one on location and it seemed to work correctly at first, now it is hit or miss. Sometimes it will divert the ball to the hole on the third ball lock. Most of the time it never diverts, even at the beginning of MB. I swear I remember when the game was new, it would divert ALL 3 ball locks to the hole.
Last night we put the game into solenoid test mode and activating "left ramp diverter" caused the gate at the top right near the end of the shooter lane to open/close. Sometimes the ramp diverter would twitch as well. I remember reading somewhere that the diverter solenoid is just piggy backed onto another circuit? Any help or suggestions appreciated.

The Pro I play on location behaves the same way. Most of the time it doesn't divert but every once in a while it does with no real rhyme or reason. I don't think it ever diverts before SFMB. I usually get 3-4 shots in while the Intro is going off.

1 year later
#9 5 years ago

The diverter should send the ball to the lock on every pass when the storage multiball locks are lit, mine was never diverting.

The diverter has an adjustable screw, (visible from right side of machine with playfield up) on my machine it required the adjustable screw to be all the way in for the solenoid to be close enough to the diverter bracket to engage the diverter, otherwise it would just buzz. I wil need to modify the bracket to make it so it doesn't affect the balls path in its resting state.

Just thought I'd put more info in this thread for the next pinsider that has this problem.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Decals
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-up-with-the-ghostbusters-ramp-diverter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.