(Topic ID: 179467)

What's up with Portland's CFF?

By UNCgump

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160808_210052 (resized).jpg
    big (resized).jpg
    spgoth1 (resized).jpg
    cff (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1485365642364 (resized).jpg
    simon and garfunkle (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider UNCgump.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

So I've run across some of Portland's CFF pinball "gang." Is this serious? Maybe it's tongue in cheek? I find it a kinda weird affectation for a bunch of well-worn adults.

#10 7 years ago

They're not quite that cool.

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I know I wouldn't be running my mouth in public about them. Best watch it new York

Meaning? I don't think threats, implicit or otherwise, have a place on pinside or in pinball generally. I was just asking about the phenomenon since I saw some of them on a recent visit. It seems opinions are mixed.

Pinball is an arcade game. I would hope all we adults have bigger and more serious concerns.

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinman2020:

They are angry, angry pinballers....

Dunno if it was any CFF gangsters, but I have seen a few discussions online where pinballers from the NW met this description. Seemed more than ready to launch angry tirades and online mob attacks, character assassination against anyone they targeted for a perceived offense. What this has to do with pinball I don't know.

#24 7 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Pretty sure cff is like wu tang. All I know is they aint nothing to F with.

Why so? Just say what you mean...

#26 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_M:

It's a joke!!!

Is it? Much of the online chatted I've seen out of the Portland crowd suggests they err on the side of taking themselves entirely too seriously. But then again, that's kind of the hipster MO.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider UNCgump.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-up-with-portlands-cff?tu=UNCgump and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.