(Topic ID: 179467)

What's up with Portland's CFF?

By UNCgump

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160808_210052 (resized).jpg
    big (resized).jpg
    spgoth1 (resized).jpg
    cff (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1485365642364 (resized).jpg
    simon and garfunkle (resized).jpg

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 7 years ago

Got it but too busy playing pinball to respond.

#52 7 years ago

Interesting thread lol

Stranger things is a good show.

#53 7 years ago

Strange, I've never heard of them

#57 7 years ago

haha, thought of you guys when this thread started!

#58 7 years ago

Can someone please explain this thread to me? Are people really afraid of hipsters?

#59 7 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Can someone please explain this thread to me? Are people really afraid of hipsters?

no, it seems as if one individual is upset that he hasnt been invited to join the cool kids club

#60 7 years ago

I'm use my own initials so CFF isn't for me.

CSB time: the guy who started CFF often plays down here in Eugene, and we've developed a limited rivalry. Namely 6 digit games that zero out when rolled. There were two scores I intuited were put up by a fellow pinball nerd (didn't know who) so I took aim.

First off, the 970-ish high on Magic. This was impressive due to the lack of a tilt (an no EBs), so posting 9s takes attention and a calculator. I was in the mid 800s with the 95 max bonus so I had to pay close attention as my score climbed. I nearly shagged the whole thing when I incidentally scored 30k on the drop targets. I looked up long enough to see a 9 as the ball came down, and I was able to dead drop it on the right flipper. The score was 902,860. Did the math (no calculator needed) and drained to wind up with 997,860.

Even better: Space Invaders with a 999,300. Healthy umbrage was taken so I set off. SI does have a rather easy tilt to earn when needed, so I knew that would be absolutely crucial, as bonuses count off really fast. I genuinely got nervous as the score climbed into the mid 900s, knowing a drain would require super-human reflexes to tilt in time, and I don't have those. I had the ball trapped with the right flipper with 994,100. I need 5,3-5,800; hmmm. The rollover chamber is 5 large, so I hit it. I was hoping for a bounce stop with the right lower flipper; unfortunately the actuators on those flippers are rather bad and the flipper threw it towards the right lanes. I was internally screaming obscenities at the techs until the ball just happened to go down the middle inlane. I had no idea what that scores, so I looked up and saw 999,600 and earnestly tilted. Voila!

A few days later I was chatting with a dude about scores (and baseball), and he told me his 999,300 on SI. "Oh, that was you? I beat that the other day." He immediately bolted to SI and claimed that was his score. I reiterated my tale and he was on his phone hunting for pictures. I showed him my photo but he wanted proof, and kept browsing until he found it. As he countanenced down, I mentioned my new high on Magic. Again, he went straight to it and checked. He didn't need to look for his photo on this one.

It was CFF founder guy.

Blairally has a tradition of resetting all high scores on New Years Day. He currently has a 995 up, so I'd best get back to work.

big (resized).jpgbig (resized).jpg

20160808_210052 (resized).jpg20160808_210052 (resized).jpg

#61 7 years ago

I'm afraid of Americans

#62 7 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I'm afraid of Americans

As well you should be.

#63 7 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I'm afraid of Americans

God is an American.

Quoted from metallik:

Your flip-flop from borderline asshole to chivalrous defender of the ladies is quite impressive.

"Borderline"?

#64 7 years ago

Levi; defender of damsels

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-up-with-portlands-cff/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.