(Topic ID: 182276)

Whats up with Modfather? Can anyone shed some light? (Resolved - happy ending)

By MobRoller

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 69 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170226_161722 (resized).jpg
20170226_161757 (resized).jpg
20170226_161841 (resized).jpg
20170226_161856 (resized).jpg
godfather2 (resized).jpg
godfather (resized).jpg
0 1 (resized).jpg
0 mod (resized).jpg
IMG_1114 (resized).JPG
IMG_3489 (resized).JPG
IMG_3490 (resized).JPG
a5f19f34a86565dda0f2a0f0805109c666fbd842 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider otaku.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Public apology in 1.2.3.......?

These kind of threads happen all too often and these kind of responses and people ganging up on the OP if they're just confused also happen all too often. The guy was just asking what's up "Any help of feedback or information would be appreciated." rather than being like "WARNING: DO NOT ORDER FROM THE MODFATHER!!!!", no need to chastise him.

Some people go over the line, yes, but a guy having a legitimate issue posting about it respectfully (even if the problem is worked out) does not need to be yelled at or really even apologize. People should be happy the issue worked out and accept something like that can actually happen, rather than making sure the blame either goes one way or another like it needs some kind of community justice as an ending. That is the last thing this place needs.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

It's all about the 'instant gratification' people have come to expect when buying on the internet.
Unrealistic expectations set by the likes of Fleabay and Amazon IMO.
Companies like those and many others promote the 'get it yesterday' mentality.
I usually order things and walk away and forget all about the item - usually a week or two later it turns up - all good.
I wouldn't have any form of reply email on any system - rather just have at the bottom of the order page something like:
'goods are always dispatched in a timely fashion, expect your goods to arrive about XX days after your order. If it hasn't arrived in xxx days please email me and I will investigate'.

Of course (and there are people like that), but he did have a legitimate issue/error on top of it 'just' being a few days.

#66 7 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

Really inappropriate.
Just because (as you wrote) ... "I am still skeptical of all online ordering for some reason"
... you react by creating a double question-marked thread:
"What's up with Modfather??"
What's up is that you should have called him before posting this thread. He's probably enjoying his weekend. Modfather deserves an apology IMO.

Once you start a business and you are taking people's money, even if it is in a hobby of yours, they are totally allowed to taint your weekend if they're having issues and your software is giving them trouble. If you don't like it - don't start a business!

Dear god, somebody online needs tech support on a weekend... what a tragedy! I have a lot of family in nursing and they miss a lot of Christmases and Thanksgivings in a row because of their job working in hospitals... how dare those people have babies or die or get sick!

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

He's not having an issue and this thread was both premature and innapropriate. Not surprising you are a fan.

His issue was pretty well outlined and I am glad to hear it worked out well for them. Considering your usual ignorance & lack of research before replying to a topic, the only thing premature and inappropriate(*) was your unneeded "contribution" of a response. Good grief.

-----

Glad to hear it worked out. I would have no doubts working with either individual in the future, sometimes these threads are good to help move things along and get some answers and a lot of time these threads can be used to help improve the services in question for the better rather than being an "insult".

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider otaku.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-up-with-modfather-can-anyone-shed-some-light?tu=otaku and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.