(Topic ID: 182276)

Whats up with Modfather? Can anyone shed some light? (Resolved - happy ending)

By MobRoller

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 69 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170226_161722 (resized).jpg
20170226_161757 (resized).jpg
20170226_161841 (resized).jpg
20170226_161856 (resized).jpg
godfather2 (resized).jpg
godfather (resized).jpg
0 1 (resized).jpg
0 mod (resized).jpg
IMG_1114 (resized).JPG
IMG_3489 (resized).JPG
IMG_3490 (resized).JPG
a5f19f34a86565dda0f2a0f0805109c666fbd842 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mobroller.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#1 7 years ago

Hello All,

I recently made a purchase of an alternate bash toy for my TWD machine from the Modfather website.

(http://modfatherpinball.com/collections/walking-dead/products/the-walking-dead-alternate-bash-toy-zombie)

Having never dealt with them before I came here to try and find some info. Generally I found everything to be good feedback and proceeded with my order. Upon clicking purchase I got a screen saying the regular "we have received your order and a confirmation email has been sent". That email never came. I have checked my junk email folder and I double checked that I put in the correct email address. I went back to the Modfather website and tried to contact them there. No response. My card has been charged so I know the order "went through" and got to "someone/somewhere" but still no word from Modfather. Has anyone had this issue with them before?? or do you have some insight as to what may be going on?? Figured I would try here first before I go about trying to cancel my order (which I have also never done). Any help of feedback or information would be appreciated. Thanks!

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

My first question would be how long since you placed the order? Not every vendor is sitting at their computer all day ever day. From my experience most of these guys have jobs & lives outside of pinball. Are you giving him a fair chance to ship your order to you or are you expecting delivery in two or three days?

I placed the order a few days ago and yes I understand that this is a hobby for most and a job for the lucky few. I am just curious is if i should pull my order or not but being as I haven't seen anything in regards to my order. What really got me thinking was the "we have sent you a confirmation email" line. I am still skeptical of all online ordering for some reason and having never dealt with them i figured i'd ask here. Sounds like I have nothing to worry about. I just noticed there is a number to call (wasn't showing on my phone browser). i am going to give them a shout. Thanks for the feedback.

#49 7 years ago

Thank you everyone for your input and criticism. Here is an update and some notes. I contacted Chuck (the Modfather) via phone yesterday and we had a great chat. I explained how I had attempted to contact him via phone and email already with no luck. Also how I had not received a "we have received your order" email from the service he uses (shopify I think). He said this issue has happened once or twice before and he did get and email with my order but it was "late" or hung up in an outbox somewhere maybe. Regardless he was already hard at work prepping and painting the MOD which should be completed and shipped on Monday. He couldn't have been nicer and I look forward to getting his product in my game. I really appreciate all of your input here and I by no means attempted or wanted to impact Chucks business in a negative way I was simply looking for an answer to a question. You would think that an automated service like Shopify (again I think) would have the confermation email sent instantly?Being as this was not the case I just wanted to get some input on others experiences. I am sorry if people read into this the wrong way. Once I got ahold of Chuck all was good! I will be sure to post some pics of the installed MOD once it arrives. Again thx pinsiders and the Modfather! This thread is what I love about pinside on all levels. Helpful tips, great feedback, and lots of drama!

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

That may be the case but words are important. "What's up with Modfather??" implies something more personal than "I have yet to receive an email confirmation for my mod order" so I agree, it all comes down to the wording on the end.

Thank you for your input. I will be more aware of wording my future posts. I appreciate your feedback.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 26.50
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 16.00
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mobroller.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-up-with-modfather-can-anyone-shed-some-light?tu=mobroller and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.