(Topic ID: 182276)

Whats up with Modfather? Can anyone shed some light? (Resolved - happy ending)

By MobRoller

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 69 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170226_161722 (resized).jpg
20170226_161757 (resized).jpg
20170226_161841 (resized).jpg
20170226_161856 (resized).jpg
godfather2 (resized).jpg
godfather (resized).jpg
0 1 (resized).jpg
0 mod (resized).jpg
IMG_1114 (resized).JPG
IMG_3489 (resized).JPG
IMG_3490 (resized).JPG
a5f19f34a86565dda0f2a0f0805109c666fbd842 (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

Hello All,

I recently made a purchase of an alternate bash toy for my TWD machine from the Modfather website.

(http://modfatherpinball.com/collections/walking-dead/products/the-walking-dead-alternate-bash-toy-zombie)

Having never dealt with them before I came here to try and find some info. Generally I found everything to be good feedback and proceeded with my order. Upon clicking purchase I got a screen saying the regular "we have received your order and a confirmation email has been sent". That email never came. I have checked my junk email folder and I double checked that I put in the correct email address. I went back to the Modfather website and tried to contact them there. No response. My card has been charged so I know the order "went through" and got to "someone/somewhere" but still no word from Modfather. Has anyone had this issue with them before?? or do you have some insight as to what may be going on?? Figured I would try here first before I go about trying to cancel my order (which I have also never done). Any help of feedback or information would be appreciated. Thanks!

#2 7 years ago

My first question would be how long since you placed the order? Not every vendor is sitting at their computer all day ever day. From my experience most of these guys have jobs & lives outside of pinball. Are you giving him a fair chance to ship your order to you or are you expecting delivery in two or three days?

#3 7 years ago

Always had nothing but great experiences with him. Super passionate guy... Have you tried PM'ing him here? He's a huge asset to our community, nobody generally does this stuff for a full time job so maybe he's away on vacation etc... I can pretty safely assure you there's no foul play here.

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from MobRoller:

Hello All,
I recently made a purchase of an alternate bash toy for my TWD machine from the Modfather website.
(http://modfatherpinball.com/collections/walking-dead/products/the-walking-dead-alternate-bash-toy-zombie)
Having never dealt with them before I came here to try and find some info. Generally I found everything to be good feedback and proceeded with my order. Upon clicking purchase I got a screen saying the regular "we have received your order and a confirmation email has been sent". That email never came. I have checked my junk email folder and I double checked that I put in the correct email address. I went back to the Modfather website and tried to contact them there. No response. My card has been charged so I know the order "went through" and got to "someone/somewhere" but still no word from Modfather. Has anyone had this issue with them before?? or do you have some insight as to what may be going on?? Figured I would try here first before I go about trying to cancel my order (which I have also never done). Any help of feedback or information would be appreciated. Thanks!

I've communicated with the guy on pinside. How long have you been sitting on the issue? The guy was super nice when I exchanged messages with him.

#5 7 years ago

I just bought two custom pin cups and 2 shooter rods from him. Called for the order and he picked up right away and provided great service.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

My first question would be how long since you placed the order? Not every vendor is sitting at their computer all day ever day. From my experience most of these guys have jobs & lives outside of pinball. Are you giving him a fair chance to ship your order to you or are you expecting delivery in two or three days?

I placed the order a few days ago and yes I understand that this is a hobby for most and a job for the lucky few. I am just curious is if i should pull my order or not but being as I haven't seen anything in regards to my order. What really got me thinking was the "we have sent you a confirmation email" line. I am still skeptical of all online ordering for some reason and having never dealt with them i figured i'd ask here. Sounds like I have nothing to worry about. I just noticed there is a number to call (wasn't showing on my phone browser). i am going to give them a shout. Thanks for the feedback.

#7 7 years ago

You will be just fine. Modfather is awesome. He will take care of you.
Also he is a one man show. There is no them. He is not a pinball company.
You can always send him a PM here on pinside. He will respond

#8 7 years ago

I will see him tonight. I will mention it to him. He's 100% trustworthy.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from MobRoller:

Hello All,

You will be fine, he is good guy and active here.

Just let that nib twd throbbing boner calm down a little bit. You will have your mod long before you have your game lol

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from MobRoller:

I placed the order a few days ago

A few days and you're on here with a gripe? Did you even reach out to him before going public?
-Mike

#11 7 years ago

Modfather is great, you will love whatever you orderd.

#12 7 years ago

Reach out. They have great customer service. Just replaced a part for me -- didn't have to. Good people.

#13 7 years ago

I wouldnt worry.

#14 7 years ago

Chuck is awesome!

Ill stand up for him.

Not receiving an email should be mentioned,
But no big deal.

Im sure youll here from him soon.

#15 7 years ago

I had a similar experience at first, but my worries were quickly quelched. He is great, don't freak out. We all can vouch for him; his work is easily worth the wait.

#17 7 years ago

Let the ModFather wake up and have his Martini in hand before you approuch his chambers.
He's the ModFather, not Target.
Some day he will call upon you a need a favor...

#18 7 years ago

It's magic!

#19 7 years ago

A couple days???? See everything will be ok. Like mentioned most people do this on the side. I would expect weekends are when most orders get dealt with.

#20 7 years ago

Modfather is a good guy. He does this for the love of the game and he has a life outside pinball too.

#21 7 years ago

A few days?? Man I don't get on my computer for a few days at a time and yes I also sell a lot of stuff. People get caught up with other stuff. If it was a few weeks I could understand the questioning but I'm sure your ok on this one.

#22 7 years ago

I've ordered a couple from him with no problem. I don't remember any email, nor did I care as long as the item showed up in a timely manner, which they did. thanks modfather

#23 7 years ago

Public apology in 1.2.3.......?

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Public apology in 1.2.3.......?

These kind of threads happen all too often and these kind of responses and people ganging up on the OP if they're just confused also happen all too often. The guy was just asking what's up "Any help of feedback or information would be appreciated." rather than being like "WARNING: DO NOT ORDER FROM THE MODFATHER!!!!", no need to chastise him.

Some people go over the line, yes, but a guy having a legitimate issue posting about it respectfully (even if the problem is worked out) does not need to be yelled at or really even apologize. People should be happy the issue worked out and accept something like that can actually happen, rather than making sure the blame either goes one way or another like it needs some kind of community justice as an ending. That is the last thing this place needs.

#25 7 years ago

Good guy he made me a potd loved it

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

These kind of threads happen all too often and these kind of responses and people ganging up on the OP if they're just confused also happen all too often. The guy was just asking what's up "Any help of feedback or information would be appreciated." rather than being like "WARNING: DO NOT ORDER FROM THE MODFATHER!!!!", no need to chastise him.
Some people go over the line, yes, but a guy having a legitimate issue posting about it respectfully (even if the problem is worked out) does not need to be yelled at or really even apologize. People should be happy the issue worked out and accept something like that can actually happen, rather than making sure the blame either goes one way or another like it needs some kind of community justice as an ending. That is the last thing this place needs.

It's all about the 'instant gratification' people have come to expect when buying on the internet.

Unrealistic expectations set by the likes of Fleabay and Amazon IMO.

Companies like those and many others promote the 'get it yesterday' mentality.

I usually order things and walk away and forget all about the item - usually a week or two later it turns up - all good.

I wouldn't have any form of reply email on any system - rather just have at the bottom of the order page something like:

'goods are always dispatched in a timely fashion, expect your goods to arrive about XX days after your order. If it hasn't arrived in xxx days please email me and I will investigate'.

#27 7 years ago

He is the man! No worries!!!

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from MobRoller:

Hello All,

One other thing to possibly consider--was your email address entered correctly? No typos or anything? Maybe try logging into your account and verify that the correct email address is on file.

Otherwise, I agree with @homepin--I'm rarely in a hurry to receive something. Just wait until amazon starts deploying drones and offering same-day delivery

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

It's all about the 'instant gratification' people have come to expect when buying on the internet.
Unrealistic expectations set by the likes of Fleabay and Amazon IMO.
Companies like those and many others promote the 'get it yesterday' mentality.
I usually order things and walk away and forget all about the item - usually a week or two later it turns up - all good.
I wouldn't have any form of reply email on any system - rather just have at the bottom of the order page something like:
'goods are always dispatched in a timely fashion, expect your goods to arrive about XX days after your order. If it hasn't arrived in xxx days please email me and I will investigate'.

Of course (and there are people like that), but he did have a legitimate issue/error on top of it 'just' being a few days.

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

One other thing to possibly consider--was your email address entered correctly? No typos or anything? Maybe try logging into your account and verify that the correct email address is on file.
Otherwise, I agree with @homepin--I'm rarely in a hurry to receive something. Just wait until amazon starts deploying drones and offering same-day delivery

This exactly. We get a lot of people who email later saying they never got a reply or order email. Always a misspelling. Easy fix!

#31 7 years ago

About time to change this thread and show off some of the Modfathers work. With that said, the hit at all my pinball parties is Vanilla Ice!

a5f19f34a86565dda0f2a0f0805109c666fbd842 (resized).jpga5f19f34a86565dda0f2a0f0805109c666fbd842 (resized).jpg

#32 7 years ago

I think the title of this thread could possibly hurt someone's business,and that's why I felt an apology would be nice. Yes he was freaking out a little and asked for insight. I think we all have freaked out before. Just my opinion in this situation not an attack on OP. I understand your viewpoint Otaku, but could you agree if not an apology how about a my bad everything is worked out.

#33 7 years ago

I also feel that you accusing me of being part of a bully society is not only wrong,but mean. Look at my post history before you start name calling. Sorry for being off topic.

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

About time to change this thread and show off some of the Modfathers work. With that said, the hit at all my pinball parties is Vanilla Ice!

Ok. Just got my Premium powder coated and took a photo with Modfathers Candy apple shooter rod.
Chuck is the bomb.

IMG_3490 (resized).JPGIMG_3490 (resized).JPG

IMG_3489 (resized).JPGIMG_3489 (resized).JPG

#35 7 years ago

OP, either check with your CC company if the charge went through (this would indicate he received your order), or give him a call or send an email.

We can probably close this thread before ppl gang up on OP.

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Well said. It never ceases to amaze me how some people here can be such jerks to someone with a legitimate concern or question.

#37 7 years ago

Op a good guy. I know him. He's just not a pinside degen so he doesn't know who's a good seller or not. He was just legit asking if anyone could vouch for mod father cuz he wasn't sure. I see no need for an apology, wasn't an offensive or accusatory post.

I just verified him so he can post back here now.

#38 7 years ago

Modfather is great! I've had lots of luck with him. High quality parts too.

#39 7 years ago

He's probably at his daughter's wedding, now you come here, and you say: "Pinside, give me justice." But you don't ask with respect. You don't offer friendship. You don't even think to call him Modfather.

#40 7 years ago

I am more curious about how you like TWD bash toy...I have been eyeing that. Please post your opinion after you have used it a bit!

#41 7 years ago

Ill tell you whats up with him, hes the type of guy who puts prodigy music in met, and powerballs in gb, lunacy! But he wont rip you off, no way.

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

I am more curious about how you like TWD bash toy...I have been eyeing that. Please post your opinion after you have used it a bit!

Shouldn't you be driving about now? LOL

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Ok. Just got my Premium powder coated and took a photo with Modfathers Candy apple shooter rod.
Chuck is the bomb.

Arcade where did you get your rules card and credits card, they look great?

#44 7 years ago

He was spotted last night playing my Safecracker
He is going to create some cool custom mods for it
Excited!!!!
I think he won a few tokens too
Lol

IMG_1114 (resized).JPGIMG_1114 (resized).JPG

#45 7 years ago

Really inappropriate.

Just because (as you wrote) ... "I am still skeptical of all online ordering for some reason"

... you react by creating a double question-marked thread:

"What's up with Modfather??"

What's up is that you should have called him before posting this thread. He's probably enjoying his weekend. Modfather deserves an apology IMO.

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

He was spotted last night playing my Safecracker
He is going to create some cool custom mods for it
Excited!!!!
I think he won a few tokens too
Lol

That's the Modfather? I had always imagined him younger

0 mod (resized).jpg0 mod (resized).jpg

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

He's not having an issue and this thread was both premature and innapropriate. Not surprising you are a fan.

#48 7 years ago

Not receiving an expected email is an issue. OP's inquiry for information was appropriate, as were all the responses that modfather is a great seller and there is nothing to worry about.

Part of Pinside's value is obtaining information when one has a question. Putting up barriers to obtaining information lessens the value of this community.

No apology is warranted.

#49 7 years ago

Thank you everyone for your input and criticism. Here is an update and some notes. I contacted Chuck (the Modfather) via phone yesterday and we had a great chat. I explained how I had attempted to contact him via phone and email already with no luck. Also how I had not received a "we have received your order" email from the service he uses (shopify I think). He said this issue has happened once or twice before and he did get and email with my order but it was "late" or hung up in an outbox somewhere maybe. Regardless he was already hard at work prepping and painting the MOD which should be completed and shipped on Monday. He couldn't have been nicer and I look forward to getting his product in my game. I really appreciate all of your input here and I by no means attempted or wanted to impact Chucks business in a negative way I was simply looking for an answer to a question. You would think that an automated service like Shopify (again I think) would have the confermation email sent instantly?Being as this was not the case I just wanted to get some input on others experiences. I am sorry if people read into this the wrong way. Once I got ahold of Chuck all was good! I will be sure to post some pics of the installed MOD once it arrives. Again thx pinsiders and the Modfather! This thread is what I love about pinside on all levels. Helpful tips, great feedback, and lots of drama!

#50 7 years ago

Awesome glad you got it all sorted, soon as I saw the thread I knew there would be nothing to worry about, I have never heard a bad thing about Chuck or his work which speaks volumes for the calibre of the man and his work.

But drama on pinside? No way!

0 1 (resized).jpg0 1 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Glendale, AZ
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-up-with-modfather-can-anyone-shed-some-light and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.