White Water5 (resized).jpgWhite Water5 (resized).jpg

White Water4 (resized).jpgWhite Water4 (resized).jpg

White Water6 (resized).jpgWhite Water6 (resized).jpg

White Water7 (resized).jpgWhite Water7 (resized).jpg

White Water8 (resized).jpgWhite Water8 (resized).jpg

White Water9 (resized).jpgWhite Water9 (resized).jpg

White Water3 (resized).jpgWhite Water3 (resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

Hmmm...2500? Probably go for more than that but I'd just be worried aboot inserts showing liek the Spine Chiller and how's the bolder garden looking? Looks like some insert ghosting (thanks Obama/Stern) and maybe damage?
Got a lot to fix up( targets, ramps, boulders) but doesn't have lost mine wear that i can see which can be a biggie. Playfield probably would clean up nice.

EDIT: It's had a long travel from Italy...it can make it a little more. It's a filthy game...perfect diamond in the rough.

#3 7 years ago

I would say more like 33 or 3400. Maybe I am high, but if you are in Denver, you know someone will pay that. Most issues i see are fixable / replaceable.

The one I cannot tell is the topper. Working toppers are irreplaceable. I can't tell if it is just dirty or if it is shot.

#4 7 years ago

Low $3,000s sounds like it'd be a decent deal. Topper just needs a new decal, assuming the metal foil is still decent. I feel like it depends on location though. Around my area of South Jersey, pinball machines seem to stay high in price--even for project games, so this game wouldn't last long in the low 3s.

I bought mine for $4,000 very recently, and it was in really good shape. Just needed a shop job.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

Maybe I am high, but if you are in Denver, you know someone will pay that.

Yeah if it's going for that much I'd let someone else take it. By the time you've bought the things that need replacing you're close to getting a game that doesn't need any work.

And yes the topper is worrying me now.

#6 7 years ago

Going to need a few things. The ramps have screw fractures and I cannot see the normal damage behind the green, oh, in this case yellow lock targets.

The boulders are toast and have obvious glue, screw and tape repairs.
The DMD reading "Factory settings Restored might mean battery acid damage.
The topper looks dull. I hope it is not a print out on a piece of paper.

But even if everything is that bad it is probably still a $2K game these days.

#7 7 years ago

This looks like pics from Italy. are you buying this from a European seller? It is going to be some additional risk. If so I would say $2k.

#8 7 years ago

not Italy..lol. That's out of my driving radius for a fixer upper!

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from kevmad:

buying this from a European seller?

Just noticed that the pricing cards show a foreign currency. I'd heed more caution if this is a re-import. Still, if the game works, and just has a few replaceable cosmetic issues, high 2s, low 3s would seem fair to me.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

I'd heed more caution if this is a re-import.

looks like some oxidation on the metal beneath play field so that could be the case if it's a container game.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

looks like some oxidation on the metal beneath play field so that could be the case if it's a container game.

Absolutely. Although, that oxidation doesn't really look all that bad to me. I'm not nearly as picky as others are here on these forums when it comes to cleanliness though, so a bit of rust on the rails isn't a deal breaker. My deal breakers are worn out playfields, backglasses, or other hard-to-replace things.

I'd say, figure out what it'd cost you to bring it up to a condition you'd be willing to accept. So, tally up the targets you'd want to replace, new rings, that whirlpool ramp, and a boulder set, and subtract that from a price you'd be willing to pay for a game of that condition. Also, figure in that the back of the main playfield is a massive pain in the ass to service properly--but again, for me, that's not a deal breaker. I personally don't count the hours I spend on a game because I enjoy it as a hobby. Oh, and that coin door looks like it has seen better days.

It seems like $4,000 (+/- a couple hundred) is the sweet spot for a fully working example in decent condition anymore, so I'd use that as your basis of what would need to be done to this one.

#12 7 years ago

Easily worth 3000. If you really want one bad, I'd go 3500.

#13 7 years ago

I think these are the scam artists posting on craigslist.
Buyer Beware!

#14 7 years ago

Sld clean up nice and cab has good color still. The topper is shot but a new decal and it sld be ok. If think 3250-3500 wld be fair.

#15 7 years ago

If that is indeed an original topper, it is by far the most faded one I've ever seen.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from bballfan:

I think these are the scam artists posting on craigslist.
Buyer Beware!

Could be...I asked the guy for pics and this is what I got. I've asked him his exact location...not sure what the scam would be though. I sure as hell don't send $$$ before I go look at a game on CL.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from bballfan:

Here is a recent thread on them:

lol...looks like the same stuff. It's still overpriced! If you are running a scam you need to make it a deal

#19 7 years ago

I'd never wire some CL guy in a faraway land $$$. They know pinball somewhat from the back and forth about specific games and condition. My last email just asked where he was located and when I could come and take a look...probably why I haven't heard back.

#20 7 years ago

Here's the text to watch out for apparently:

Classic old pinball machines
Best private collection
a few pins for sale.

JHONNY MNEMONIC
JUNK YARD
NBA
ROAD SHOW
THEATRE OF MAGIC
TWILIGHT ZONE
WHITE WATER
PIRATES OF CARRIBEAN
GUN'S ROSES

And a few more pins.
Need some serious buyers

#21 7 years ago

yeah I saw that ad. I don't waste my time on those DCL wasteoids.

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Sld clean up nice and cab has good color still. The topper is shot but a new decal and it sld be ok. If think 3250-3500 wld be fair.

How? A very nice one would go for $4K. This needs ramps ($550) boulders ($300) topper (unobtanium but $400 - $600 for something) if it needs a playfield add $1K and if the boards are bad chuck a few hundred more out the window (they look good and batteries are removed) . While swapping tumble and polish the oxidizing metal. Assuming your time is worth nothing and all little things like wrong lock targets and missing hot-foot target don't matter or add up it sounds just peachy.

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

How? A very nice one would go for $4K. This needs ramps ($550) boulders ($300) topper (unobtanium but $400 - $600 for something) if it needs a playfield add $1K and if the boards are bad chuck a few hundred more out the window (they look good and batteries are removed) . While swapping tumble and polish the oxidizing metal. Assuming your time is worth nothing and all little things like wrong lock targets and missing hot-foot target don't matter or add up it sounds just peachy.

Sold one in worse condition with planking for 3k super fast and had plenty of back up buyers .....

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Also sold a pretry nice one for 4750 with lots of intrest....

#25 7 years ago

Tops I would pay is 2700..... If WWs in rough shape like that are sellling for 3500 Id better start picking up for quick flips....... GEEES

#26 7 years ago

Dont matter its a scam.....hard to tell anything from a few pics anyway as there are to many unknowns to put a real price on. But a wh20 with decent cab and playfield, intact topper and boots up wld sell quickly for 3000-3500...

#27 7 years ago

Now the dude says he is in Lousiana...

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Well now the shipping kills it for you

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Well, that certainly screams scam to me.

Quoted from Wickerman2:

Could be...I asked the guy for pics and this is what I got. I've asked him his exact location...not sure what the scam would be though. I sure as hell don't send $$$ before I go look at a game on CL.

They try to get people to pay to have it shipped. Smart buyers want to see it in person, so this tactic wouldn't work on many of us.

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well now the shipping kills it for you

this close to pulling the trigger and wiring thousands based on a CL post...damn

#31 7 years ago

Wasn't there just recently another guy getting scammed from "Louisiana" here on pinside? You should tell him what a great coincidence you have family in LA and they will come check it out and pick it up.

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

great coincidence you have family in LA and they will come check it out and pick it up.

done. I have a "friend" that could come check them out for me, what town are you in?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jamestown, NC
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

12,610 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mapleton, UT
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-this-white-water-worth and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.