image-86.jpg
image-4.jpg
image-907.jpg
image-163.jpg
image-994.jpg
image-739.jpg
image-859.jpg
image-690.jpg
There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago

Btw it's way more expensive to go to a laundromat then do your own laundry. Average person spends 30-50$ at a time depending if they are doing by the LB where we do it for them and fold or hang it etc or if they are doing it themselves. Also, I haven't got many whitewaters in in the past few years for whatever reason that's why I was asking about this one. Oh and the scared stiff has pictures in another thread.

#52 9 years ago

Michigan is so bad that he owner of the cavaliers and quicken loans actually wants to live here!

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Sure he can. Lots of stupid people that overpay every day.
I myself have spent way too much time and money on many games which I have bought in similar condition and then brought back to life with tons fo parts and hard work.
He asked what it was worth.
It is worth about 2800-3200 at tops, but he will surely find someone dumb enough to buy the flip for 3500-3800, esp after a half ass clean up job to make it appear more presentable.

If WhySnow can show me another one in this condition for $2900 I will eat my hat. This is a very popular game and it seems to only be getting hotter.

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from ElectricCircuit:

Btw it's way more expensive to go to a laundromat then do your own laundry. Average person spends 30-50$ at a time depending if they are doing by the LB where we do it for them and fold or hang it etc or if they are doing it themselves. Also, I haven't got many whitewaters in in the past few years for whatever reason that's why I was asking about this one. Oh and the Scared Stiff has pictures in another thread.

wtf? When I was in college (not long ago) it would cost me like $4...

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

If WhySnow can show me another one in this condition for $2900 I will eat my hat. This is a very popular game and it seems to only be getting hotter.

gotta love that it is the 1 game in your collection,

Would you say a TZ in similar condition to this (actually better) is worth more or less than WH2O?
If I show you a $2800 TZ in better condition that I picked up this week, will you eat your hat?

I am 100% positive I can find a WH2O in this condition for sub 3k, i just don't really care for the game much so no desire to look for it currently.

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

And yes, Detroit is a shit hole still. But what you morons neglect to know is that there are many, many cities that surround detroit that have higher incomes than most cities in the nation. Did you know that grosse pointe borders the ghetto? It's one of the richest cities in the nation. I live in metro detroit and make more money than you, most likely.

I was in Detroit and some of the cities that surround Detroit (Troy and Northville) a couple of weeks ago and I can confirm that Detroit is still a shit hole as is the surrounding cities!

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

gotta love that it is the 1 game in your collection,
Would you say a TZ in similar condition to this (actually better) is worth more or less than WH2O?
If I show you a $2800 TZ in better condition that I picked up this week, will you eat your hat?
I am 100% positive I can find a WH2O in this condition for sub 3k, i just don't really care for the game much so no desire to look for it currently.

Please PM me when you do. I am serious....

#58 9 years ago

3500.00 would be my guess.

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

wtf? When I was in college (not long ago) it would cost me like $4...

It's like 4.00 to wash and 6.00 to dry here at any laundry mat. 1.75 a Lb to have your laundry done for you.

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from ElectricCircuit:

It's like 4.00 to wash and 6.00 to dry here at any laundry mat. 1.75 a Lb to have your laundry done for you.

What?!? $10 to do a load of laundry?!

Either you are mistaken, or the person in charge of pricing at your laundromat was also contracted to price WNBJM for Stern.

#61 9 years ago

No the laundrymats now hold 3-4 loads in each

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Sure he can. Lots of stupid people that overpay every day.
I myself have spent way too much time and money on many games which I have bought in similar condition and then brought back to life with tons fo parts and hard work.
He asked what it was worth.
It is worth about 2800-3200 at tops, but he will surely find someone dumb enough to buy the flip for 3500-3800, esp after a half ass clean up job to make it appear more presentable.

The problem with what you're saying is that "stupid people" affect the market value of things on the market. I think it's stupid that anyone would pay $15,000 for Big Bang Bar, but that doesn't mean its not worth that much or more on the open market. I fully agree with you that it's frustrating, especially if you're looking for a particular game. Sometimes you get lucky and find a game at a nice price. That happens all the time actually. I know a guy who found a beautiful NM survivor for 2K. Maybe he's really "smart" for finding that or maybe he's "evil" for taking advantage of the seller, but either way, that doesn't mean his game is worth 2K on the open market. I'm just sayin . . .

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

The problem with what you're saying is that "stupid people" affect the market value of things on the market. I think it's stupid that anyone would pay $15,000 for Big Bang Bar, but that doesn't mean its not worth that much or more on the open market. I fully agree with you that it's frustrating, especially if you're looking for a particular game. Sometimes you get lucky and find a game at a nice price. That happens all the time actually. I know a guy who found a beautiful NM survivor for 2K. Maybe he's really "smart" for finding that or maybe he's "evil" for taking advantage of the seller, but either way, that doesn't mean his game is worth 2K on the open market. I'm just sayin . . .

I will try to make it more clear.

I am saying what it is "worth" as that was the flippers original question.
You are trying to argue "what he can sell it for" which is the question he likely should have asked as that is all he wanted to know.

These are actually 2 very different things and once you get more comfortable with that mentality then all of a sudden games start showing up at more reasonable prices

Is it worth 3800 to you? If so, then put in an offer.
Although based on past history I would advise avoiding some sellers entirely.

To many educated people that see very quickly the things that need to be fixed and have the knowledge of what skill it will take to fix them, this particular pin is worth sub 3k.
i would advise anyone looking for a WH2O is much better off avoiding this example at your proposed higher sale price and instead waiting for a nice example for 4500. You will save your self lots of work and by far get the better value of a deal.

There was a 4500 WH2O on pinside just 2 weeks back with a new pf, new ramps and boulders, and a recent full swap, so that is not a mythical or special price. 4500 is actually the high end for this title and you should have no problem finding a super nice example for that price.

what is it worth?
what can you sell for?

I know I always prefer to pay what it is worth
I actually also prefer to sell for what it is worth as that makes for a better deal for both.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jamestown, NC
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 12.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-this-white-water-wh20-worth/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.