(Topic ID: 21834)

What's this Very Dirty Routed LOTR Worth ?

By ctozzi

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

smoking-014.gif
lordringseye.gif
photo(5).JPG
photo(4).JPG
photo(3).JPG
photo(2).JPG
photo(1).JPG
photo.JPG
#1 11 years ago

I was looking at this routed LOTR this week and the operator asked me what I'd offer on it. The cabinet looks very good on the sides except for the flipper button wear. The right flipper didn't work and the play field is all in tact with no errors, but is absolutely filthy. I wiped a portion of the play field clean with my finger and a damp rag so I thinks it's in nice shape under the ball dust. Take a look at these pics and give me some advice please on what to offer. He is a good stand up guy and knows his stuff so I don't want to lowball him too much.
Thanks
Chris

photo.JPGphoto.JPG photo(1).JPGphoto(1).JPG photo(2).JPGphoto(2).JPG photo(3).JPGphoto(3).JPG photo(4).JPGphoto(4).JPG photo(5).JPGphoto(5).JPG

#2 11 years ago

I would say anywhere from $2800 to $3800.

#3 11 years ago

I got mine from a gameroom supply store for 4100+tax and was quite dirty but everything was functional, cabinet had some minor nicks but flipper button area was good, hope that helps you ballpark a price

#4 11 years ago

Mid $2k range....maybe offer $2400? You can hide the flipper button mess with the wrap around rails, and the rest can be cleaned up. If he counters with 25-2600, then that seems fine if everything else is working.

#5 11 years ago

I am sure dozens of people would be willing to buy it for $2500. Get everything working and clean and put on the lollipop flipper button protectors and the machine is worth around $4000.

#6 11 years ago

2500-3000. It sounds like it will clean up nicely and you can cover the flipper button wear.

#7 11 years ago

dont forget to get the cliffy's on the vuks.

#8 11 years ago

thanks. I'm gonna start at 3K.

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

2500-3000. It sounds like it will clean up nicely and you can cover the flipper button wear.

I think this is a fair assesment.

#10 11 years ago

Start at $2,500.... lordringseye.giflordringseye.gif

#11 11 years ago

Start low and bring cash. Cash is a great motivator when negotiating.

#12 11 years ago

I had one is similar if not slighly better condition when I bought it. Id say $3500 would be too much, but under $3000 too little.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

I agree.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from DrStarkweather:

I had one is similar if not slighly better condition when I bought it. Id say $3500 would be too much, but under $3000 too little.

I agree. Start at $2800 and see what happens from there.

#15 11 years ago

Ted, your latest gif looks like a Georgia O'Keefe instead of a ring.

#16 11 years ago

I can see the clear shire plastic is broken as it is on most games, but that one seems to be missing some parts of it. How does the Arwen plastic look? Seems ok from what I can see. Probably some dead bulbs, seems rubbers are worn and need to be replaced too. Can't give a price, just offering some things to look at.

#17 11 years ago

2500 to 3k tops.
or the op takes it to auction and gets that and pays fees.
Win WIN for both of you to buy off route.

#18 11 years ago

I would pay close to $3,000 for that machine.

#19 11 years ago

2,500. Fix the post.

Dan

#20 11 years ago

smoking-014.gifsmoking-014.gif

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from Jake:

Just to clarify, it is the Eye of Sauron, not a ring.

#22 11 years ago

Is it just me or is LOTR a little undervalued compared to other newer Sterns now? Top 5 game and Tron, ACDC, and SM get way more love than LOTR. Maybe I am wrong.

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpuckguy:

Is it just me or is LOTR a little undervalued compared to other newer Sterns now? Top 5 game and Tron, ACDC, and SM get way more love than LOTR. Maybe I am wrong.

Yes! It can go up in value now, I traded for one last Friday and am thrilled with it. What a pin!!!

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpuckguy:

You are right. Its old and they made a ton of them. I see them for sale quite a bit, so that keeps the value lower than what it "should" be. Tron and ACDC are still hot new titles and SM hasn't lost its steam yet. I would compare LOTR to TSPP which is also a very popular game (but old and lots made), yet not uber-expensive. I'm sure as the years chug along, LOTR will get its glory price again

#25 11 years ago

Is the 5100 produced accurate? If so that is not a lot. Maybe the "deepeness" and "long" ball times scare some off?

#26 11 years ago

Yeah i say $3000 USD

#27 11 years ago

If someone in Dallas wants to trade me for a LOTR straight up for my STTNG, I'm up for it. Just sayin'.

#28 11 years ago

Sorry Frax! I'm nearby but I love my new (to me) LOTR. It's going to be around a long time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
€ 7.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.50
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-this-very-dirty-routed-lotr-worth and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.