• 16 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Chrizg
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

detroit.craigslist.org link

I have a friend who really wants to buy this, she's asked me to go take a look at it with her. From pics and description I figure she shouldn't pay anything over 2k.
She isnt looking for a steal and says she plans on keeping it for years, but I dont want her getting ripped off either Thoughts?

#2 9 years ago

The wear by the flipper buttons indicates it was heavily routed - he admits to a broken target...who knows how much more "hidden" work there is to do. Less than $2k for sure. I'd say $1500. He prob won't let it go for that...but try offering and see what happens.

#3 9 years ago

"I need the space..." "...or a Mustang pinball for trade" haha, ok then.

He's not selling it for $2400, that's for sure. I wouldn't even buy a new one for 2k.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from tmontana:

I have a friend who really wants to buy this, she's asked me to go take a look at it with her. From pics and description I figure she shouldn't pay anything over 2k.
She isnt looking for a steal and says she plans on keeping it for years, but I dont want her getting ripped off either Thoughts?

I owned a Sega South Park that I ran on location for years. It pulled in more coin then my Attack from Mars setting next to it. It should have a topper can not tell from photo. Also STERN bought out Sega and STERN's first pinball as a new company under Gary was South Park . STERN South Park was edited with no foul language . If it is indeed a Sega it will has the original ROM's with the naughty language . If your female friend really wants South Park and is going to keep it . $ 2,000.00 and see if the seller will bite. Good luck .

#6 9 years ago

Look for broken Plastics and wear around Kenny and make sure there are no issues with Mr. Hankey.
With playfield and cab wear, I wouldn't offer anything over $1400.

#7 9 years ago

That is pretty bad form the limited pics. I agree that 1500 tops and plan on it needing some love.

Are parts even available for SP?

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

I owned a Sega South Park that I ran on location for years. It pulled in more coin then my Attack from Mars setting next to it. It should have a topper can not tell from photo. Also STERN bought out Sega and STERN's first pinball as a new company under Gary was South Park . STERN South Park was edited with no foul language . If it is indeed a Sega it will has the original ROM's with the naughty language . If your female friend really wants South Park and is going to keep it . $ 2,000.00 and see if the seller will bite. Good luck .

FYI, South park is sega, not a stern. The roms are changed to the foul language roms in a sega SP, Stern never made a SP sorry.

#9 9 years ago

Anything more than $2000 it better be nice with no problems

#10 9 years ago

Stern did in fact make a run of south park machines..I had one with a stern sticker on the front...I think they ran about 300 if I remember right

#11 9 years ago

The last machines stern was producing when they took over sega, But No south park has the stern name.

#12 9 years ago

I recently sold mine for $2200. I had fixed, cleaned, shopped (including all new coil sleeves, rebuilt pops everything new as the brackets in the pops were broke), rebuilt flippers, new glass ect.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

Stern never made a SP sorry.

My SP has Stern stickers all over the boards in the backbox however, it still says Sega on the outside. So technically, Stern did indeed make SP machines.

That broken switch is readily available at Marco for $17, for now...

The key to number of plays will be the flipper button area and the Kenny hole. Both of these take a beating. As mentioned by others, the plastics around the Kenny hole take a beating and are often broken.

Certain SP parts are getting to be unobtainium. The characters on the PF (including Mr Hankey) are action figures that if you can easy get on ebay to replace any that are missing or damaged. The toilet is often broken inside the bowl and is very expensive to replace, if you can find one.

I picked up my HUO example that was perfectly clean with zero wear around the Kenny and Cartman holes for less than he is asking.

#14 9 years ago

Well she ended up getting it for 1900. Other than the broken target everything was working. Playfield could use a good cleaning but was in pretty good shape, no wear that I could see. It had the sign part of the topper but didn't have the cartman part of the topper. I was a bit scared when I asked when he last changed the batteries and he said 'never in the last 12 years that I owned it', luckily they had not leaked.

#15 9 years ago

Awesome!

If she wants to complete her machine, have her watch ebay for the Cartman topper. She does not need the special one from Marco or such. It was the basic 6" vinyl action figure sold everywhere in 1998. All she needs to do is drill a hole in the bottom of the action figure and use a toggle bolt to mount him to the top...

Here is the target she needs: http://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=500-6138-04r

Here is the decal set she will need to put on the replacement target: http://www.actionpinball.com/parts.php?item=PDG278

I will caution you that the decals above do not look as good as the originals IMO so you may want to see if you can find another source...

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Here is the target she needs: http://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=500-6138-04r
Here is the decal set she will need to put on the replacement target: http://www.actionpinball.com/parts.php?item=PDG278
I will caution you that the decals above do not look as good as the originals IMO so you may want to see if you can find another source...

You can also buy this one and replace the target part of the switch.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/545-6138-04

Here is the Cartman figure. Watch ebay and you can find one cheaper

ebay.com link: RARE SOUTH PARK 6 inch ERIC CARTMAN TOY DOLL FIGURE 1998

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Auburn, WA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-this-south-park-worth and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.