image-746.jpg
image-295.jpg
image-25.jpg
image-433.jpg
image-594.jpg
image-366.jpg
image.jpg
#1 9 years ago

I have a guy trying to trade this for my mspac/galaga 20 year reunion machine. It looks and plays like new. It has the coin mechs and the wg 25 inch monitor. It was Huo and never been on location. It's also clean as a pin in and out, the cleanest game I have ever owned. The back of the monitor is even spotless,not black like most. Would this pin be a good trade or not? Ed

image.jpgimage.jpg image-366.jpgimage-366.jpg image-594.jpgimage-594.jpg image-433.jpgimage-433.jpg image-25.jpgimage-25.jpg image-295.jpgimage-295.jpg image-746.jpgimage-746.jpg image-253.jpgimage-253.jpg image-974.jpgimage-974.jpg
#2 9 years ago

There's a fair amount of wear on that playfield. I'm not the best gauge of price, but I'd say less than $2,000.

#3 9 years ago

Maybe $11-1200? ...that playfield is not great...not the worst by any means, but I wouldn't be ready to slap down too much.

#4 9 years ago

Keep in mind I see this title come up a lot in California and in this condition it would go for $900-$1200. The playfield is so so, but the cabinet is decent. I would want to make sure the boards are in good condition and don't have any battery damage or any wiring hacks.

#5 9 years ago

high production game
typical wear on PF
decent cab
$900
-mof

#6 9 years ago

Is it any fun? Doesn't look like anything to shoot for. The playfield looks wide open. Lots of ramps though. I just don't know if I want to give up my like new arcade game for it. Ed

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from Fast-Ed:

Is it any fun? Doesn't look like anything to shoot for. The playfield looks wide open. Lots of ramps though. I just don't know if I want to give up my like new arcade game for it. Ed

If you've never played a High Speed, you need to get out more.
-mof

#8 9 years ago

I just sold my HS with some pf wear. That hs is worth less than $1k.

#9 9 years ago

High speed is a fun machine. 9 out of 10 of us would say make the trade. Lots of pinball enthusiasts here.

Drink our kool aid.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from Fast-Ed:

ummmm you have to like sys 11's or 80's games to enjoy it. The game is okay, but not my personal cup of tea.

#11 9 years ago

It's a fun game under 1k for sure. 3 I've been watching on ebay went from 600-800 little more wear though on those

#12 9 years ago

<biased>I am prolly wrong person to ask (notice my profile pic) but I think it's a fantastic flow game. It was my first and I will never not own one. Having said that, it doesn't have a deep rule set (typical for it's era) but I love the music, the call outs, the lights, and the graphics. I don't think there is a single better pin under $1K.</biased>

#13 9 years ago

Thanks for your answers, I'm going to have to think on this trade. He lives far away but said he would deliver. Ed

#14 9 years ago

One of the best machines ever made. NEVER gets old to me.

#15 9 years ago

The machine is a decent one. It is my first and only pin to date. Mine is is better shape than that one as far as PF and I paid way less than 2k. (In August)

The pin does get a little old as a single pin. There are not a ton of shots and it is not a deep game. But it is fun and fast. A lot depends on what you value your arcade machine at.

#16 9 years ago

I probably wouldn't.

I love galaga/ms pac. HSs are a dime a dozen. Always for sale.

Unless you're dead tired of the gal/pac, then don't trade.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

ummmm you have to like sys 11's or 80's games to enjoy it.

Quoted from Blackbeard:

I love galaga/ms pac. HSs are a dime a dozen. Always for sale.

pinball.. you're doing it wrong.

#18 9 years ago

That condition, that game, you're looking at $800-900

#19 9 years ago

I agree. Game is sub 1K in that condition. I have owned 3 HS's over the years.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from Fast-Ed:

High Speed is a VERY fun game!

but yeah the estimates in the $950 range are accurate, considering the playfield wear.

#21 9 years ago

I'm still debating the trade. I'll miss my like new reunion game. Ed

#22 9 years ago

I would value a HUO or new reunion at 1500+. A good friend of mine sold one with 10 plays on it for 2000 a few years ago. They are harder to find than you think. OP's routed the hell out of those things and they are hard to find in HUO condition.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

I would value a HUO or new reunion at 1500+. A good friend of mine sold one with 10 plays on it for 2000 a few years ago. They are harder to find than you think. OP's routed the hell out of those things and they are hard to find in HUO condition.

That's what I was thinking. Everybody saying 900.00. Yea 900.00 for one thats routed and rough but working. Ed

#24 9 years ago

I just gave $1200 for my High Speed in very similar condition to the machine you are looking at. Most High Speeds have compleatly blown out playfields. I love this game. Fell in love when it first came out. I never get tired of shooting the freeway loop. Great light show also IMO. I think it stands the test of time. Of course, I'm a huge Steve Ritchie fan! I say make the trade.

Post edited by 5280wzrd: add pics

image.jpgimage.jpg image-653.jpgimage-653.jpg image-813.jpgimage-813.jpg image-539.jpgimage-539.jpg
#25 9 years ago
Quoted from 5280wzrd:

Of course, I'm a huge Steve Ritchie fan! I say make the trade.

Me too! And if you get it you can put one of these on it....

Last call ramps 1.JPGLast call ramps 1.JPG
#26 9 years ago
Quoted from Fast-Ed:

I'm still debating the trade. I'll miss my like new reunion game. Ed

You are answering your own question. If you are going to miss it so much then you should probably just keep it right.

I love Galaga/Ms. Pac Man too but Pinball trumps arcade games every time to me. They are probably in a similar range on price. Both sell well due to the high following. tough call

#27 9 years ago

I think you'd be losing out on straight monetary value. On the other hand, though that particular High Speed is kinda ugly, it would be worth the trade on fun factor IF it plays really well. I've played many that look like that and just suck.

High Speed is one of the Fundamentals in pinball. Like a Kung Fu Form!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-this-high-speed-worth and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.