(Topic ID: 177423)

What's the worst place you've seen a pin located at?

By spinpin

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

35C19AD300000578-0-image-a-38_1467137153117 (resized).jpg
    Artist Mike Maxwell (resized).jpg
    20-will-ferrell.w529.h529 (resized).jpg
    2338372496_5417f221f9_o_zps656f88f9 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    orhp (resized).jpg
    trek6 (resized).jpg
    ny snow pins (resized).jpg
    2344219736_947ff6dae9_o_zps0a83d524 (resized).JPG
    2338363410_7486d417ab_o_zpsf49374ff (resized).JPG
    F14_3 (resized).png
    F14_2 (resized).png
    F14_1 (resized).png
    2338352686_f6fd419ef8_b (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider otaku.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mfsrc791:

In a storage container not ever being enjoyed

I agree. I know a friend (or maybe even several, it doesn't seem uncommon in this hobby, but is usually shorter term which I find acceptable) who has many games in this situation and although he is my friend it did make me really sad as there is no "end year" in sight, been there for years upon years and likely will be there for years. I know they are just inanimate objects, but it is depressing to see history like that just sit around taken apart in the dark the same place every day with no change, every July 4th, every Christmas, every December 31st (when the rest of us are having parties or enjoying our machines with family or friends around these specific times), just in storage units or in storage elsewhere.

I come back to the thought a lot, don't know why. Just makes me sad/depressed.

I'll be storing some of my games myself since I've run out of room, but mine will be stored in anticipation of opening a pinball museum one day (so, with purpose, or at least a reasonable optimistic excuse) and I will also be rotating my collection out through it so everything gets played from time to time and loved. Also most of it will be heated in the back of my basement. They can still hear what's going on at least.

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from sevenrites:

Lol, sorry if you don't like my answer, but it's relevant to the question asked in this thread. In addition, many games are put in places that end up leading to damage that was unintended. People don't always think about sunlight fade, roofs in storage failing and leaking on games, humidity issues and etc., it's often careless or with little thought. The roof episode was intentional destruction.

They were also mostly empty cabinets IIRC, this was like 4-6 years ago If you want to see real crimes to pinball, look to their competitor GRC, they part out and destroy working machines because it brings more money.

Here is my Star-Jet they smashed, which I quickly bought all of the parts for after they had already cut them from the head harness. They also did the paint job over the original art. I have found less than 30 of these to still exist and it is a highly desirable title that a lot of people would love to own in any condition.

They also did many more games, check the uploads.

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

If you want to open an arcade, you need to start saving now and try to refrain from buying any machines. I know it's tough but you'll be happier in the long run. I'm thinking of doing something similar and have already started scouting cheap locations.

I see it as buying them now will save me from a HUGE bulk expense later and I get to have fun with it now too. Don't get me wrong, buying so many machines is for my home collection still and enjoying the hobby first and foremost right now DEFINITELY - the business thing is just my "excuse". (while still being a legitimate hope)

A friend of mine opened an arcade with like 90 something arcade machines and 14 pinball machines, all pretty much really collectible stuff, a collection probably worth near 6 digits, but he's been collecting and KEEPING for like 11-12 years or something like that so it was just gradual and normal instead of having to save up for and shell out $100,000 just for games when you want to open an arcade, it was basically no expense to him because he already had the entire heart of his large arcade in the palm of his hand and paid for. It's still very much a dream for many years down the road - and I'd rather save for that using a nice salary to actually get somewhere rather than the spare change I get now especially since it is more of a long term goal, easy to get unmotivated. Getting new machines keeps me working hard.

#38 7 years ago

Anybody else getting a "Will Ferrell and Tony Hawk (or maybe substitute with Steve Carell) love child" image from that guy's face? Is that mean?

20-will-ferrell.w529.h529 (resized).jpg20-will-ferrell.w529.h529 (resized).jpg

+

35C19AD300000578-0-image-a-38_1467137153117 (resized).jpg35C19AD300000578-0-image-a-38_1467137153117 (resized).jpg

=

Artist Mike Maxwell (resized).jpgArtist Mike Maxwell (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider otaku.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-the-worst-place-youve-seen-a-pin-located-at?tu=otaku and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.