(Topic ID: 25646)

What's the value of a signed Wizard of Oz translite?

By LesManley

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by chocky909
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

!JJP.jpg
#1 11 years ago

It's signed by Keith Johnson and Jersey Jack. I won it on the one ball TOPS tourney at SS Billiards 40th Anniversary Party. I want to hang it in the new gameroom and I really don't want to sell it, but the basement remodel to get the new gameroom is bleeding me dry. If it was worth some ridiculous amount of I might consider selling it to help fund the new gameroom. Just wanted to see what others thought the value was. Thanks.

#2 11 years ago

Its too early to tell bro IMHO

#3 11 years ago

I can't imagine it's worth more than $50 to $100 over the cost of a translite from JJP. The thing with signatures is they become worth money when the supply is no longer available. Whether that is due to a reclusive celebrity or a dead one. JJP and KJ are neither and they are also only known amongst a small circle of collectors/hobbiests. Keep it in remembrance of your time at SS Billiards...Honestly, I'd pay more for a signed LTG translite than JJP

#4 11 years ago

I'd say the cost of a new translite (I know they aren't publicly available yet) +/- $10 or so.

Sure, you have something that nobody else has right now. But unless it differs in some way from the final product, that will change soon and everybody who wants one will be able to get one with a phone call and a credit card #. The sigs add no value of significance (with all due respect to JJ and KJ - they aren't exactly famous public figures and I'm sure they will "autograph" anything you ask them to).

Your only hope for a windfall would be if JJP crashes and burns and the machine never gets released. Still cool to have. Hang it up on the wall and enjoy the memories.

#5 11 years ago

If you give me $20 I'll take it off your hands...

#6 11 years ago

It's signed by Keith Johnson and Jersey Jack. I won it on the one ball TOPS tourney at SS Billiards 40th Anniversary Party. I want to hang it in the new gameroom and I really don't want to sell it, but the basement remodel to get the new gameroom is bleeding me dry. If it was worth some ridiculous amount of I might consider selling it to help fund the new gameroom. Just wanted to see what others thought the value was. Thanks.

Here is a picture of the translite for those who have e-mailed and asked to see one. The wrinkling at the top is where they pulled the protective plastic down to sign the actual translite and then put the protective plastic sheet back up over it again.

!JJP.jpg!JJP.jpg

#7 11 years ago

Man, build a light box behind that thing and hang it up.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

+1

#9 11 years ago

1 dollar more than a normal WOZ translite...

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

That is what will most likely end up doing. It looks pretty slick and will look great in the new gameroom...when it is finished and paid for...

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Here is a picture of the translite for those who have e-mailed and asked to see one. The wrinkling at the top is where they pulled the protective plastic down to sign the actual translite and then put the protective plastic sheet back up over it again.

Is JJP going to offer a "Classic" version of WoZ at Costco without the LCD and instead that full translight?

#12 11 years ago

if I won it, I would have gave it to my ex girlfriend who is a WOZ nut. She'd appreciate it more than I would being a pinball fan.

#13 11 years ago

Congrats! GL if you decide to sell.

#14 11 years ago

It won't make you enough to help fund the game room remodel, unless you count pennies. Just keep it, frame it and light it up on the wall. Aka game room memorabilia.

#15 11 years ago

Things like that is what makes it "your game room" you will forever have the story that goes with it. Keep it and display it proudly.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Honestly, I'd pay more for a signed LTG translite than JJP []

Well LTG signatures are more rare. Only two in existence and they are on a hat brim and rubber ring.

LTG

#17 11 years ago

Honestly, I'd pay more for a signed LTG translite than JJP []

What would be on an LTG translite...hmm...

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

$50,where should i send payment? TIA.

#19 11 years ago

bid war $55 where should i send payment?

I want a LTG signature also. It is whispered that there are only 2 in existence.

#21 11 years ago

I'll trade you straight up for that translite with a Medeval Madness remake.

Kim

#22 11 years ago

3 French fries and a mcnugget

#23 11 years ago

Guessing less than a signed LCD.

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

3 French fries and a mcnugget

3 fries and mcnugget toys still in original packaging (age indicator)

1 week later
#25 11 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Looks like the official answer is $129.00, plus whatever someone values the signatures at.

http://www.pinballsales.com/shop/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=4

I already decided to keep it. I have a spot picked out for it in the new gameroom.

#27 11 years ago

Or if you really don't need it, I'll pay the $130.

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Or if you really don't need it, I'll pay the $130

Oh boy looks like these are already going up in the secondary market.

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Looks like the official answer is $129.00, plus whatever someone values the signatures at.
http://www.pinballsales.com/shop/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=4
I already decided to keep it. I have a spot picked out for it in the new gameroom.

Jack has already said he'll sign them if requested. Not sure if that means just him or what.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
$ 16.95
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 5.00
$ 24.50
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-the-value-of-a-signed-wizard-of-oz-translite and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.