(Topic ID: 23497)

What's the target audience for the JP game?

By Foz

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I have the option to purchase a JP in very good shape, and for a great price.
However, I have never played this pin before in real life.
Going over some of the reviews, I get the feeling it's mainly a kids game.
Is that feeling justified, or do you reckon it really is for all ages, young and slightly older?
Spielberg did a great job on the first movie, so that's a possible big plus for the pin already.

Cheers

#2 11 years ago

If its in good condition at a great price, then buy it play it and if you dont like it flip it.

I have mine for over two years and am still happy with the game its good bang for buck.

#3 11 years ago

Don't worry about who it's supposed to be for. The question is, do you like it? That's what matters.

#4 11 years ago

A pin theme for all ages. Who doesn't love dinosaurs?

Definitely not a "appeals to kids only" game.

RussMyers

#5 11 years ago

I never once got the feeling it was just a kids game. Heck, some might argue that parts are too intense for kids (T-Rex biting a goat in half, etc), though I do not share that view either. Plus, even if it were aimed more towards kids (ie. Rocky & Bullwinkle, Shrek, etc), who cares? A fun game is a fun game even with a lighthearted theme.

I would say if you like the JP movies, then the theme is fine for you. They didn't dumbed down or somehow make it juvenile. It's a fantastic game, so if you have the opportunity to buy one for a good price, I'd say go for it. Demand is pretty high on this title right now, so if it isn't for you, I am sure you will be able to sell it down the road. Good luck!

#6 11 years ago

Its very true to the movie. Not at all a kids game! The ball gets 'eaten' by the T-Rex just like the lawyer does in the movie.

Gotta say this is one of my favorites. Plays fast (the Raptor cage kickout is my favorite feature). Has crazy multiball modes. If you like action pinball, and ball control is a little lower on your priority, then this is a great machine to have.

#7 11 years ago

Thanks for everybody's input, i'll give the guy a ring to pick it up

#8 11 years ago

Love my JP, and I'm 32. It is never leaving my house. It has a great ball save (compared to my mom's TAF,) the CRTs are all different shots, great multiballs (2-ball, 3-ball, and 2 versions of 6 ball,) a ball-eating rex, raptor kick is one of the fastest kick-backs around, shaker motor, and easy to mod if you want to add dinos. Also, there are always people looking for it (because I was one of them for a long time) so be confident you can probably sell at a profit if you don't like it for some reason.

#9 11 years ago

JP is a very fun game, pretty intense, fast action and FUN FUN!! I have owned two of them and miss it, want it back

#10 11 years ago

The target audience is people who like awesome machines!

Quoted from Pin_Crazed:

I have owned two of them and miss it, want it back

I will trade you my JP for any one of yours.. except NGG.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

I will trade you my JP for any one of yours.. except NGG.

I was going to yell at you for that, and then I saw his collection. lol

#12 11 years ago

I really like the game, but I'm also a huge Jurassic Park fan. It's a machine that I sold but would buy again in a heartbeat.

#13 11 years ago

Definitely not a kids game. If anything it's possibly too hard for kids! But it's simple to make it play easier and the multiball gimme with the smart missile on ball 3 makes every game guaranteed enjoyable which is excellent for ensuring kids and non-pinhead friends have a good time with it. The theme is well executed and everyone likes dinosaurs and Jurassic Park

#14 11 years ago

Kids love JP if my son is any indication (he's 2), but it's also really difficult for them to hit the most kid-rewarding shot, the dino eating the pinball one. It has features that got me into pinball when I was younger - until JP I hadn't wanted to play ANY pins - but those same features give it a strategy that I still enjoy to this day.

I've had one for like.. 6? years now. Still play it regularly. Not going anywhere.

#15 11 years ago

JP's for everyone.

#16 11 years ago

Not a kids game at all. I mean they will like it and it seems to be well liked by most people. I don;t really care aboot the movie and it's still fun. The T-rex is eating goats and kids are being electrified on fences so it's not overly kid-ish

Another target audience are people that like Pat Lawlor designed playfields as this is basically the same thing, for less cost (give or take depending on the game).

#17 11 years ago

Great bang for the buck pin. Not just a kid's game, just like the books and movie it is more of an adult pin.

#18 11 years ago

Sounds like a quality undervalued pin, I'd go for it.

#19 11 years ago

People who like Dinosaurs and pinball? That T-rex is awesome.

#20 11 years ago

Target audience? Anybody who likes Jurassic Park (and that's pretty much everybody).

imo, MOST pinball is not for kids anyway.

#21 11 years ago

ME

Great game for all ages and skill levels.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Vienna, VA
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 18.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-the-target-audience-for-the-jp-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.