(Topic ID: 993)

What's the story with collectors?

By JBScar

14 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jbscar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 14 years ago

Ok, are you a collector or a pinhead? ........or a hoarder? do you even LIKE pinball?

I ask this because:
    -I would NEVER pay 15,000 for a 'claimed' NIB machine. (CV guy on ebay..what was this guy doing with this machine since 1997? and why?)
    -I sold one of my machines to a 'collector?" that has 60 machines apparently. Has all the high end ones in his house and the rest in storage? (I wonder where my machine went, it was my old police force in crappy shape!)
    -I see guys buy and sell machines for profit and because they get 'bored' of machines (WTF? bored?) maybe comparing an EM to a SS machine, but 'pinheads' that I have talked to and bought machines off of said they are BORED of newer DMD machines!!

Getting back to a topic that has been brought up before. (HOW MANY MACHINES IS TOO MANY?)
    Seeing the greed and the 'BOREDUM' of owning too many machines makes me wonder......
    I always wished when I won the lottery that I would go down to that 'FUN' guy on ebay there and buy the whole store. and everyone on mrpinball.
    Now with me and my work and what I see everyday I am happy and proud of what I have with my family and what I do everyday to help people out. And would rather help people then buy a new pinball machine.

I work in construction and insurance industry and this is a local one that happened last week. I would rather spend my 500 extra in savings to these people because I see what insurance and the papers don't tell you. Not even thinking about my next pinball machine!!! I deal with the homeowners on disasters like this and this is a BIG one....and the phone hasn't stopped ringing since it happened.
    BTW........everyone got out safely!

How was YOUR day?
    today is sunday...
    oh ya.....

http://www.calgarysun.com/news/alberta/2010/03/18/13282326.html

#4 14 years ago

Listen to this one ...."....not a single life lost......" in that fire.

that is a good thing to hear. LMTU (lemmetellyou!)

I am going to tell you that I know ppl in the FD around here and this fire was caused by just like Au kinda sorta said........

"a smoldering cigarette butt in a flower pot on the 4th story balcony" ..

a neighbour to 450 ppl......homeless now..........

WTF flower grows in march?

.......me don't know........just on here now cuz the phone isn't ringing right now and I am wondering what is going on...

PINBAL:L PINBALL PINALL.......

that will wake my son up tho..
    LOL I left the W?D on and I heard it 'bonging' at 11...........hehehe........

I just read MY TOPIC........and

JBSCAR, is not a pinball collector, or a pinball 'hoarder', and to be honest doesn't know 'crap or doodle' about most machines.

Just appriciate the ones that I have and if you have a problem with that GOTO:W?D

#6 14 years ago

LOL @ u........wheres YOUR drunken buddy? do you even know what DISASTER means?

pisses me off cuz now I got your 'profile' MALTDORORORORORORO.........just here for the ride.........ok then buy and sell...........where's the WOLFMAN? that you guys praise about..........

PFFFF..........nothing more that a whiff is what you guys are.........

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jbscar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-the-story-with-collectors?tu=jbscar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.