(Topic ID: 135626)

What's the silliest mistake you've made?

By EvanDickson

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 62 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TaTa
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

whatmenervous.jpg

There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 4 years ago

Go down to the basement to find there is no glass on the TZ. Realize it must have been off for at least a few days (house renos happening and house is dusty - so not good for the pin). Want to put glass back on but can't find it. As I'm starting to yell up the stairs at my husband for leaving the glass off the TZ, I poke my finger towards the playfield and jam it hard against the new PDI glass which is in fact very much there.

#52 4 years ago

Taking my first machine apart to start cleaning a playfield, taking pictures all along the way, then getting my phone stolen while in Africa, losing all of my pictures and documentation. Getting the phone stolen wasn't my fault, but not backing up all of those photos was a dumbass move on my part. Come to think of it, I should probably back my phone up now...

#53 4 years ago

Sending a Funhouse translite to John Youssi to get signed & paying $45 for shipping then receiving an email from John saying I could have taken the translite off the glass & mailed it. Pretty embarrassing. John is a very nice guy.

#54 4 years ago

I keep reaching to the lower right front of my Kiss LE to turn the power on and off...

#55 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Pluggin in the 5v connetor to the 12V, that mistake will cost me around 3 to 4 hundred dollars. Damn

Maybe not. I have found when someone hits the logic rail with over volts, one or a few parts will "eat it". A chip might explode, short, and then blow the fuse before the overvoltage wrecks more stuff.

More than one Bally MPU i have seen someone hit it with 12v and just U15, the EPROMs, and maybe the 5101 dies. U15 tends to violently fail (boom sparkle sparkle).

But yeah... hooking up the wrong voltage is the worst mistakes i can think of. Or wiring a solenoid backwards and you can literally hear the transistor pop in the backbox. Ooops!

#56 4 years ago

Catching a playfield .........with my head.

Somewhere in 1988/89 I was working under the playfield of a Bally KISS, with my head inside the machine and playfield in upright position and suddenly the playfield decided to go back to horizontal position without informing me.
    There was no damage to the playfield because it had a safe landing on human tissue.

#57 4 years ago
    Quoted from Foo:

I keep reaching to the lower right front of my Kiss LE to turn the power on and off.

Whaaat? Forgive my ignorance (or gullibility), but really? Stern moved the power switch?!? Say it aint so!

#58 4 years ago
    Quoted from scottslash:

Whaaat? Forgive my ignorance (or gullibility), but really? Stern moved the power switch?!? Say it aint so!

You need to read up on the new SPIKE system and where the service outlet and power switch are located.

LTG : )™

#59 4 years ago

Changing the caps on a system 1 ps and forgetting to trim the excess leads off one of them, reassemble, power on - created more grief for myself...as they were short to the mounting plate...

#60 4 years ago

Checking out a cute girl and riding my bike into a parked car

#61 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinmanguy:

Trying to find out why a pin would boot up but not start a game, checking coin door is closed, checking ball trough then realising it just needed credits...

yup...

#62 4 years ago

Getting Married

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 19.95
    Apparel - Women
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 10.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    Apparel - Men
    Pinside Shop
    $ 128.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 7,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 139.00
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 20.90
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Haus
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    $ 8,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Hobbit Black Arrow Out of stock
    Operation Pinball
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 1,000.00
    Playfields
    Pinball Playfields
    $ 66.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 90.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    The Pinball Vault
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 41.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 30.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 6.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside