(Topic ID: 232822)

Whats the safest way for a seller to receive money

By hoby1

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phat_jay.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 5 years ago

Cash on the glass. Only. No exceptions, do not pass go. Read vids info, seriously, go read it all. Make ya never want to deal with others again, except cash and carry. If there was a pin I really wanted far away, buy a plane ticket, go see the machine, play it, leave with it, take it to your shipper yourself. Now if both parties honestly know each other, that’s different. But any joe off the street, or friend of a friend who’s sister in law knows their baby daddies cousin? Nope.
    I mean cmon we can be talkin 10 grand here, buy a plane tic for $300 and do it in person. Meet em in broad daylight where there are others or others know exactly where u are .( find my iPhone app is great, tell your spouse if I don’t call in exactly 10 min or whatever call the cops) Have a bank account that has branches everywhere, ie boa or chase or similar. That way you get the cash IF machine checks out, don’t goto strangers back yard in dark with 10k, hello!

#28 5 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

Problem is I don’t know the buyer. He is a newbie here and I need to protect myself against chargeback.
    Should I just walk away. He is willing to to money transfer. I was thinking Venmo

If your gut is telling you something is wrong, listen to it. There will be other buyers.

If your gut is saying it’s prob ok, ask for references with other pinsiders. If he can’t provide, walk.

How far away is he?

#30 5 years ago

Everybody was new here once, I get it. But What are the odds the first machine he wants is out of state? When I first started I bought at shows I went to, or places within an afternoons drive. I think most honest people would do it that way. Then as time goes on and collections and networks grow the radius grows with it. If you were new, what are the odds the one machine you wanted was across the country and you had to have that one and that particular one only? Weird huh? Sure there were titles I wanted, so I looked for them locally. I didn’t call Texas for my first machine. Look, this guy could be saint, and by fortune you have what he wants. Great. But if your gut is worried. Be worried.

#32 5 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

He owns a few other games also. Just a newbie in the sense of only been 6 months

Great, that makes it easier. References from those purchases. If they’re pinsiders or klover’s even better. Otherwise he could ask his brother to pose as a seller for reference.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phat_jay.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-the-safest-way-for-a-seller-to-receive-money?tu=phat_jay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.