(Topic ID: 232822)

Whats the safest way for a seller to receive money

By hoby1

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider AFM95.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 5 years ago

hoby1 - After reading your responses, my advice is only accept a bank wire in this situation. It's essentially cash in hand, same day, without the worry of a buyer filing a complaint for who knows what weeks/months down the line.

If the buyer has an issue with a bank wire, vet out their concerns. Make sure you hold up your end of the bargain by providing as many pictures and videos of the pin. I would also suggest offering up a phone call to answer any questions they may have. This will create assurance you aren't misrepresenting your pin (not that you are).

Good luck with your sale.

#50 5 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

He is sending a Wells Fargo cashiers check and I will be cashing it a a Wells Fargo bank which I do not have an account at. I asked if it bad and they discover at a later time which should NOT happen they will go after the person that issued the check. WF said they will verify at the time of cashing
    They said they will give me cash at that time for $7.50. No one I talked to said there could not be a problem as long as I have the cash in hand before shipping
    Thoughts?

My two cents: If you'e getting assurance from Wells Fargo that you will not be liable for a bad cashier's check after cashing it, then go for it.

Make sure you communicate with the buyer that once you cash the check, you will ship on "x" date. As a buyer, I would want to know what next steps are once you cash my check.

Good luck with the transaction.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider AFM95.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-the-safest-way-for-a-seller-to-receive-money?tu=AFM95 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.