Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 101 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Wickerman2
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

corona 2 (resized).jpg
    blue moon (resized).jpg
    IMG_3658 (resized).JPG
    snailmail2 (resized).png
    2017-11-08-15-13-35- (resized).jpg
    cliff (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldpinguy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 6 years ago

I doubt you've ever seen me be this blunt.

Amazon, for me as a vendor, sucks!
    12 months, around 600 emails, and screwed over big time, with lies at every turn.
    Couldn't resolve, and even begged family that works direct with Bezos, even visits his house
    to interfere.
    There is a big mess behind the scenes.
    Fortunately, is mostly limited to jewelry.

For the op, sounds like the vendor processed shipping, because a vendor is penalized for not doing so timely and didn't have the product on hand.
    It's done all the time.

I'm sure you'll get it resolved, but hope you might not open a can of worms, as one customer can actually destroy the livelihood
    of a company that feeds their family from this.

#54 6 years ago

One reason for the BS excuse is if as a vendor, one goes before the all-nothing Amazon Gods of Judgement,
    One has a chance of it passing through with a "warning", if the customer complains.
    If they simply said, sorry, I screwed up, my fault, this admission gets a Negative "Strike" on your vendor account.
    There are thousands of stories found on the net of honest Amazon Vendors kicked off, because of a couple of customer complaints,
    sometimes erroneous.
    One for me was a large Swarovski Tanzanite Crystal, using their International trademark description.
    The piece was under $20, and the complaint was why it wasnt an $1800 gemstone.
    I lost that one, yet today as then, Amazon themselves will use the same "wrong" words,

#59 6 years ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

Whats weird is I checked out their Amazon customer rating and it was 97 percent.

The complaints that go to behind the scenes, wont show on their rating.
    While the overwhelming majority of vendors are fine, its more a matter of a "no mistakes, or complaints allowed".

As a consumer, I understand your issue as well as all other threads.
    As a vendor, its hard to be perfect.
    The $20 concession will make you feel good, but its also to encourage you not to express a negative feedback or complaint.

In lieu of vendor ratings, I am more than aware of boiler rooms in China, that coordinate purchases, behind the scenes refund,
    and controlled positive feedback.

#60 6 years ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

The only bad ratings were for people receiving neon signs broken which I would think is pretty common.

If this falls too low, they suspend the account for review. They will freeze your funds, and close out and transactions, including cancelling in mid process, leading to more complaints....."I ordered, it showed in stock, and Amazon cancelled my order, dont buy here"

Shoppers for the competition have happened. I found such "shopper" that over shopped, returned all and complained on all,
    to be employed by my competitor. Couldnt get anyone at Amazon to tackle this issue.

The tipping point to my account being closed. 99% positive, large positive feedback

#63 6 years ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

That's good for the consumer.Not so good for the seller .Maybe unfair if people want to be dicks. Do you think some sellers have shills making positive reviews for themselves?

All the time, but mostly Chinese sellers.

I have been approached to do this by at least 100 Chinese factories, in my field.

Its not prevalent in most products on Amazon. I wouldnt worry unless its "too good to be true"

The factories that do this are generally very large, very smart, and mostly good.
    They just get involved more, Like the $.99 piece with free shipping on Ebay.
    (Sterling silver chains....

They do this to fast track sales, and it works.

Certainly Hotel, and food have their own share of generating positive reviews.....free advertising is how its seen.

I dont like it, but happy to share some of the behind the scenes crap, that industry became and I lost my passion for
    what happened.

Appreciate letting me vent!

#100 6 years ago

Sure beats the stories from my elders waiting 6 months plus for a hammer ordered from the sears catalog!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldpinguy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-the-problem-with-usps?tu=oldpinguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.