Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 101 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Wickerman2
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

corona 2 (resized).jpg
    blue moon (resized).jpg
    IMG_3658 (resized).JPG
    snailmail2 (resized).png
    2017-11-08-15-13-35- (resized).jpg
    cliff (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gorillabiscuits.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#52 6 years ago

USPS is the worst.

I overnighted a substantial bank check yesterday to a seller here with a guaranteed 3pm delivery today. Not only did the check not show up today, the system only shows a record of it leaving my local sorting facility yesterday, with no record of any kind of acceptance to the destination PO.

It was an hour wait time on the phone to even speak with a human... and they told me they will need a day or two to sort it out and find it, but I can be "assured" they will refund my money for the overnight charge, as if that makes anything better!

Meanwhile I'm facing a 90 day hold on the funds of my original bank check if it doesn't show up, and of course will need to pay for the replacement check on top of that.

Lesson learned, do NOT use USPS. EVER. It's an absolute disgrace.

#73 6 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

sounds like you had 1 bad experience...apply that logically to everything in your life and imagine how that turns out.

I haven't "had". I'm having one and it's very frustrating. I'm complaining about the terrible experience I am presently having with USPS. Try calling all three of the major shippers and compare the wait times to speak to an actual human.

If your favorite restaurant gave you food poisoning and a random thread popped up about the restaurant, you wouldn't say anything because it's logical to presume it probably won't happen again? Hahahah OK.

#76 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I've had experience with overnight packages not being overnighted, but other than that, everything I've shipped via USPS has safely made it to where it needed to go, and everything I've had shipped to me has made it. I'm not a high volume shipper like a business, but I still do send and receive a handful of packages every month.
    If you want something overnighted, try using fedex instead.

Thanks. Fingers crossed it arrives today. I have never used USPS to overnight something, the 3pm thing made me choose them. They just seem to have a much looser tracking system. I understand things get delayed, but at least when it happens with UPS and FEDEX they know why it happened, where it is, and when it can be expected with an updated day. With the postal service it seems to be more of a wait and see kind of thing.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gorillabiscuits.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-the-problem-with-usps?tu=gorillabiscuits and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.