Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 101 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Wickerman2
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

corona 2 (resized).jpg
    blue moon (resized).jpg
    IMG_3658 (resized).JPG
    snailmail2 (resized).png
    2017-11-08-15-13-35- (resized).jpg
    cliff (resized).jpg
    There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 6 years ago

I ordered a couple of neon signs off of Amazon.Its coming through the mail but its been 2 weeks with no tracking.I have no problem with UPS.Is there something seriously wrong with USPS? Another thing before this also had serious tracking problems.

#2 6 years ago

They are broke. Financially.

#3 6 years ago

I don't know, but I do know that they have grown increasingly unreliable. I avoid the postal service at all costs. I get mail for other houses nowhere near mine at least twice a month. Last year I shipped about a half dozen items via USPS and a third (2 of 6) went seriously astray. The worst was a package coming to me (in California) from Florida that somehow went on a mini vacation to Hawaii for a week before circling back to me.

#4 6 years ago

Contact amazon about the order. It's possible that they never actually made it out of the warehouse and got shipped.

#5 6 years ago

About 2 days ago I finally get a book I ordered from Amazon.It took 10 days from California to Nevada and half way through they said it was out for delivery in California.

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Contact amazon about the order. It's possible that they never actually made it out of the warehouse and got shipped.

I contacted the seller twice and they say its in the mail.Im wondering if its on a ship from China.

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

I contacted the seller twice and they say its in the mail.Im wondering if its on a ship from China.

Check the listing for the product. Normally, in small print, it will say somewhere "ships from xyz"

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Check the listing for the product. Normally, in small print, it will say somewhere "ships from xyz"

It says it ships from California.

#9 6 years ago

I have been having similar problems with items getting lost. On tracked packages, a couple of times I have gotten the email that the item has been delivered to the mailbox but nothing is there. It will show up a couple days later sometimes. I have had problems with several un-tracked packages that have gone missing in the last few months.

#10 6 years ago

Many times I've found out it is coming from China.

#11 6 years ago

They are run by the government, that is what's wrong w/them.............case closed.

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinkid:

They are run by the government, that is what's wrong w/them.............case closed.

The post office is not run by the government.

#13 6 years ago

I'm no big fan of USPS, UPS or FedEx. I ship 100-150 packages per week, roughly 70% through UPS, 30% through USPS. I can't remember the last time a package was not delivered. In fact, I do not think I've had to open a claim this year. And it's extremely rare for a package to even be late unless it's delayed by a natural disaster (hurricane, blizzard, etc.).

So for all of the bitching and complaining that I regularly do about the ever-escalating costs of their service(s), in my case, I have found them to be quite reliable.

#14 6 years ago

What does the USPS website say when you pull up the tracking number? It should at least note acceptance by USPS, otherwise the seller could be lying about it being shipped.

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

I'm no big fan of USPS, UPS or FedEx. I ship 100-150 packages per week, roughly 70% through UPS, 30% through USPS. I can't remember the last time a package was not delivered. In fact, I do not think I've had to open a claim this year. And it's extremely rare for a package to even be late unless it's delayed by a natural disaster (hurricane, blizzard, etc.).
    So for all of the bitching and complaining that I regularly do about the ever-escalating costs of their service(s), in my case, I have found them to be quite reliable.

But have you seen a package mailed but had no tracking anywhere?

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

What does the USPS website say when you pull up the tracking number? It should at least note acceptance by USPS, otherwise the seller could be lying about it being shipped.

I called USPS and they said a invoice was created but they never received anything.On Amazon in my orders it says it was shipped but there is no acceptance by USPS.

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

I called USPS and they said a invoice was created but they never received anything.On Amazon in my orders it says it was shipped but there is no acceptance by USPS.

USPS is probably correct then, and you should ask the seller which day they shipped it and also ask why USPS says they haven't received it yet. Amazon might show shipped as soon as a tracking number is provided, but anybody can get a tracking number before they physically ship anything.

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

But have you seen a package mailed but had no tracking anywhere?

It sounds like what may have happened is that a label was created but it was never scanned, meaning it was never taken to or picked up by USPS.

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Many times I've found out it is coming from China.

Exactly this for me too. Shirt I bought said that is ships from CA and three and 1/2 weeks later, I get the familiar looking Amazon box but it was dated JUST THE DAY before.

I did a little bit more digging in to the company that shipped the T shirt to me and I found out their comapny address was in China and they were just using a "ship to" dress the make it look like it was shipping from CA.

This has been happening a lot on eBay lately as well.

#20 6 years ago

If you’re shipping usps it has to be priority. It barely costs any more that first class and i have rarely had a problem. I have way more issues out of ups than usps. Stuff gets shipped to ups and sits at the office for days before they deliver it. I call them and ask and they just tell me that they can’t explain why it didn’t go out

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

USPS is probably correct then, and you should ask the seller which day they shipped it and also ask why USPS says they haven't received it yet. Amazon might show shipped as soon as a tracking number is provided, but anybody can get a tracking number before they physically ship anything.

That's nice to know.If they do that then you can't cancel the order.I think I'm being bullshitted by the seller.They're making it in China and sending it to CA then to me?

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from jmountjoy111:

If you’re shipping usps it has to be priority. It barely costs any more that first class and i have rarely had a problem. I have way more issues out of ups than usps. Stuff gets shipped to ups and sits at the office for days before they deliver it. I call them and ask and they just tell me that they can’t explain why it didn’t go out

I don't have that problem.I think at least 90 percent of things I get on Amazon are through UPS and they get here fast.

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

That's nice to know.If they do that then you can't cancel the order.I think I'm being bullshitted by the seller.They're making it in China and sending it to CA then to me?

Just make sure to leave a detailed feedback of your experience once you receive the package or resolve the transaction. That holds companies accountable.

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

I've had "shipped from California" items show up clearly marked with Shenzhen postal information.

#25 6 years ago

My experience with Amazon is that they deal through other venders. The problems I have had with Amazon has been those venders not Amazon proper.
    A lot of times Amazon is just as much in the dark as you are because the venders are not doing what they are supposed to do.

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

Just make sure to leave a detailed feedback of your experience once you receive the package or resolve the transaction. That holds companies accountable.

Oh believe me ,I will.

#27 6 years ago

I have gotten incredible service from Amazon over the years.I have to use it cause you can't buy anything in this town that I live in.They even took back a computer that went belly up after 3 months and gave me my money back.Great service but I buy a lot.

#28 6 years ago

Things have gone downhill since cliff retired.

cliff (resized).jpgcliff (resized).jpg

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

I would think that's plenty of justification to cancel. The seller has provided zero proof of shipment happening in a timely manner.

#30 6 years ago

Second the China thing. Had one thing take over a month to ship from China. Of course the estimated delivery started out only a week or so and got pushed back more and more.

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

This has happened to me. Warehouse entanglement, not USPS fault. Call the company you ordered from and cancel the order and open a new order. That way you do not have to be involved in finding the lost one, it's not worth the effort. If you cannot deal direct with a company to cancel and reorder when using Amazon, that's a reason to not use Amazon.

#32 6 years ago

I doubt you've ever seen me be this blunt.

Amazon, for me as a vendor, sucks!
    12 months, around 600 emails, and screwed over big time, with lies at every turn.
    Couldn't resolve, and even begged family that works direct with Bezos, even visits his house
    to interfere.
    There is a big mess behind the scenes.
    Fortunately, is mostly limited to jewelry.

For the op, sounds like the vendor processed shipping, because a vendor is penalized for not doing so timely and didn't have the product on hand.
    It's done all the time.

I'm sure you'll get it resolved, but hope you might not open a can of worms, as one customer can actually destroy the livelihood
    of a company that feeds their family from this.

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I doubt you've ever seen me be this blunt.
    Amazon, for me as a vendor, sucks!
    12 months, around 600 emails, and screwed over big time, with lies at every turn.
    Couldn't resolve, and even begged family that works direct with Bezos, even visits his house
    to interfere.
    There is a big mess behind the scenes.
    Fortunately, is mostly limited to jewelry.
    For the op, sounds like the vendor processed shipping, because a vendor is penalized for not doing so timely and didn't have the product on hand.
    It's done all the time.
    I'm sure you'll get it resolved, but hope you might not open a can of worms, as one customer can actually destroy the livelihood
    of a company that feeds their family from this.

I sent the seller a E mail asking them to just tell me the truth.I'll tell you what he says when I get the message back.

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

I’m 99% sure that this is shipped to you out of China. The “California” seller is not in California on Amazon...or EBAY. They are flown in and customs is usually the hold up.

#35 6 years ago

I wrote them and said " I called the postal service and they said this never shipped.I want the truth or I'm going to report to Amazon. Response "Dear Jeff,I hope you are doing very well.I am writing to explain and apologize for accidental late delivery of your package.I have contacted with our carrier today and figured out whats going on.Normally our orders are shipped within 3 to 5 days after being placed and delivered in about 2 to 6 business days,but our carrier was experiencing some system errors so that impacted the USPS operations which caused a massive delay of our recent orders which caused a lot of trouble to us.I was told by our carrier manager that your package is stuck in their local warehouse so it will be a slightly delayed due to the accident.The tracking number of your order is *********** and it is still not updated because they still haven't scanned it.Recently a large number of parcels were piled up in our carriers warehouse due to their system error so that caused a slight delay of our recent orders.From the attachment you can see the photo sent from our carrier early today that our packages were piled up in their warehouse.They told me the postal service is continuing recovery efforts every day and most of these packages will be sent out soon.I already called manager of our carrier to complain about this problem and provide me with further information ASAP,we will keep on tracking this item and will let you know once we've got the latest information.We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.We are sorry but it's never our intention to let this happened.I appreciate that you kindly understand this special situation and give us a chance to make it up.As we promised your full satisfaction is our top priority and we are always here to help.We can either 1,If you feel it's to late to receive your order and you don't need it any more,we will try to have it returned and then fully refund you.2,If you still want the sign we would like to issue a partial refund $20 for the hassle by accidental shipping delay when you receive the sign.Please kindly let us know your choice.Once again, I must sincerely apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused you.I appreciate your understanding and patience.Warmest Regards ,Alisa Manager. Kind of sounds like bullshit to me.What would you do?

#36 6 years ago

Take the $20

#37 6 years ago

I agree. Kind of sounds like bullshit, but if you can deal with the wait take the $20.

#38 6 years ago

I guess I have no choice.I want the signs and it seems everybody wants a lot for used one these days.I bought a big Corona sign for $80 and a really big Heineken one for $100.Now they want 3 times that. I have no idea why they went up.If you don't get things directly from Amazon it's luck of the draw.

#39 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

The post office is not run by the government.

Well, yes they are considering it is a government agency. Its a establishment of the executive branch of the Government of the United States. My brother in law works for the PO so I get to hear about it all the time. Listen to a couple of this stories and you will understand why they lose 4 billion a year.

#40 6 years ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

I wrote them and said " I called the postal service and they said this never shipped.I want the truth or I'm going to report to Amazon. Response "Dear Jeff,I hope you are doing very well.I am writing to explain and apologize for accidental late delivery of your package.I have contacted with our carrier today and figured out whats going on.Normally our orders are shipped within 3 to 5 days after being placed and delivered in about 2 to 6 business days,but our carrier was experiencing some system errors so that impacted the USPS operations which caused a massive delay of our recent orders which caused a lot of trouble to us.I was told by our carrier manager that your package is stuck in their local warehouse so it will be a slightly delayed due to the accident.The tracking number of your order is *********** and it is still not updated because they still haven't scanned it.Recently a large number of parcels were piled up in our carriers warehouse due to their system error so that caused a slight delay of our recent orders.From the attachment you can see the photo sent from our carrier early today that our packages were piled up in their warehouse.They told me the postal service is continuing recovery efforts every day and most of these packages will be sent out soon.I already called manager of our carrier to complain about this problem and provide me with further information ASAP,we will keep on tracking this item and will let you know once we've got the latest information.We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.We are sorry but it's never our intention to let this happened.I appreciate that you kindly understand this special situation and give us a chance to make it up.As we promised your full satisfaction is our top priority and we are always here to help.We can either 1,If you feel it's to late to receive your order and you don't need it any more,we will try to have it returned and then fully refund you.2,If you still want the sign we would like to issue a partial refund $20 for the hassle by accidental shipping delay when you receive the sign.Please kindly let us know your choice.Once again, I must sincerely apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused you.I appreciate your understanding and patience.Warmest Regards ,Alisa Manager. Kind of sounds like bullshit to me.What would you do?

I've been selling on-line since 2001. I've had roughly 58,000 transactions during that time, all on eBay. There have been some times that I've had a helluva time finding the item that the buyer purchased, and it's either gone out a day late or I've had to order a replacement from the manufacturer, and have it drop-shipped directly to them. So I've made mistakes. Plenty of them. But the difference between me and the response that you got from this seller is that I always own my mistakes. I don't make up some long-winded, bullshit story, which is exactly what this is.

However:

1. At least you got a timely response
    2. At least you got a response
    3. They did offer you a partial refund

So they are kind of owning it, even though they put them blame on someone else. It's still a bullshit story, but I'd take the $20 and give it a chance to work itself out. You still have your buyer protection in place, so if they drop the ball again, you're not stuck. And if you do end up receiving the merchandise and the $20, I'd be inclined to give them a good comment and top-rated feedback.

Just my .02

#41 6 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

Well, yes they are considering it is a government agency. Its a establishment of the executive branch of the Government of the United States. My brother in law works for the PO so I get to hear about it all the time. Listen to a couple of this stories and you will understand why they lose 4 billion a year.

Read closely:

"The USPS is often mistaken for a government-owned corporation (e.g., Amtrak) because it operates much like a business. It is, however, an "establishment of the executive branch of the Government of the United States", (39 U.S.C. § 201) as it is controlled by Presidential appointees and the Postmaster General."

Regarding why they are losing money, you may find this tidbit interesting:

"Despite a common misconception and, unlike other government agencies, the Postal Service receives zero tax dollars for its operations and is instead funded entirely by revenues from postage and services. In FY 2013, the Postal Service saw a $623 million dollar profit delivering the mail

Then why all the focus on red ink in the news? Back in 2006, Congress imposed a huge and unprecedented mandate requiring that the Postal Service pre-fund future retiree health benefits for the next 75 years and do so within a decade – something no other public agency or private company is required to do.

This unnecessary mandate is the real problem. Learn the truth about postal finances and share the real story with your family and friends!"

#42 6 years ago

I ship daily with USPS and have very few issues if any. UPS has had a few hiccups though. Plus USPS is best bang for the buck. USPS also just started a mail notification program where you can view their scans of your incoming parcels.

#43 6 years ago

I've shipped and had shipped to me thousands of items with the USPS and never had a single problem.

Guess it depends on the area you live.

#44 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

Then why all the focus on red ink in the news? Back in 2006, Congress imposed a huge and unprecedented mandate requiring that the Postal Service pre-fund future retiree health benefits for the next 75 years and do so within a decade – something no other public agency or private company is required to do.
    This unnecessary mandate is the real problem. Learn the truth about postal finances and share the real story with your family and friends!"

Yes, this is a problem because both pensions and the PO itself are outdated business models. Add in union limitations and the government mindset and it is a real mess.

#45 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

Read closely:
    "The USPS is often mistaken for a government-owned corporation (e.g., Amtrak) because it operates much like a business. It is, however, an "establishment of the executive branch of the Government of the United States", (39 U.S.C. § 201) as it is controlled by Presidential appointees and the Postmaster General."
    Regarding why they are losing money, you may find this tidbit interesting:
    "Despite a common misconception and, unlike other government agencies, the Postal Service receives zero tax dollars for its operations and is instead funded entirely by revenues from postage and services. In FY 2013, the Postal Service saw a $623 million dollar profit delivering the mail

You should have copied and pasted the rest of the article. The article talking about the myth of the post office being independent from the government. It is not independent and is a government agency that is run by congress.

The Supreme Court has even weighed in on what being “independent” means for the USPS, in an opinion from 2004:

The PRA’s designation of the Postal Service as an “independent establishment of the executive branch of the Government of the United States,” 39 U. S. C. §201, is not consistent with the idea that the Postal Service is an entity existing outside the Government. Indeed, the designation indicates just the contrary. The PRA gives the Postal Service a high degree of independence from other Government offices, but it remains part of the Government.

#46 6 years ago

I guess I owe the USPS an apology in this case.If they never received the item in the first place it's not their fault.I think I'm getting BS'd by the seller.I think I'll give it another week.

#47 6 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

You should have copied and pasted the rest of the article. The article talking about the myth of the post office being independent from the government. It is not independent and is a government agency that is run by congress.
    The Supreme Court has even weighed in on what being “independent” means for the USPS, in an opinion from 2004:
    The PRA’s designation of the Postal Service as an “independent establishment of the executive branch of the Government of the United States,” 39 U. S. C. §201, is not consistent with the idea that the Postal Service is an entity existing outside the Government. Indeed, the designation indicates just the contrary. The PRA gives the Postal Service a high degree of independence from other Government offices, but it remains part of the Government.

Well, I guess you know more about it than a gal that's a member here at my golf course. She's been the Postmaster of the local post office here since 1983. I'll forward your comments and get her straightened out. Thank you.

#48 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

Well, I guess you know more about it than a gal that's a member here at my golf course. She's been the Postmaster of the local post office here since 1983. I'll forward your comments and get her straightened out. Thank you.

Good, she needs to get her shit straight.

#49 6 years ago

Ive been really lucky with USPS....fed ex delivered a light bar to a house 2 blocks away on Monday...

2017-11-08-15-13-35- (resized).jpg2017-11-08-15-13-35- (resized).jpg

#50 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

Despite a common misconception and, unlike other government agencies, the Postal Service receives zero tax dollars for its operations and is instead funded entirely by revenues from postage and services

Not that uncommon in Government. Same thing is done within DoD - "nonappropriated funds". Things like Morale and Welfare programs are all self-funded... doesn't make them any less government

There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-the-problem-with-usps?hl=hailrazer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.