9 months ago

Topic Stats

• 101 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by Wickerman2
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

corona 2 (resized).jpg
    blue moon (resized).jpg
    IMG_3658 (resized).JPG
    snailmail2 (resized).png
    2017-11-08-15-13-35- (resized).jpg
    cliff (resized).jpg

There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 9 months ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Good, she needs to get her shit straight.

If part of what you do to pay your bills included a thriving on-line business, where you had to depend on a service to complete your transaction, you would come to appreciate how people can be helpful when things don't go the way they should. So you can either treat them like servants (get your shit straight) or you can treat them respectfully. Amazing how when you treat people respectfully they almost fall over themselves trying to help you out.

Or maybe something you might be able to understand better: Don't piss off the person that cooks your food.

#52 9 months ago

USPS is the worst.

I overnighted a substantial bank check yesterday to a seller here with a guaranteed 3pm delivery today. Not only did the check not show up today, the system only shows a record of it leaving my local sorting facility yesterday, with no record of any kind of acceptance to the destination PO.

It was an hour wait time on the phone to even speak with a human... and they told me they will need a day or two to sort it out and find it, but I can be "assured" they will refund my money for the overnight charge, as if that makes anything better!

Meanwhile I'm facing a 90 day hold on the funds of my original bank check if it doesn't show up, and of course will need to pay for the replacement check on top of that.

Lesson learned, do NOT use USPS. EVER. It's an absolute disgrace.

#53 9 months ago
    Quoted from pinheadpierre:

I don't know, but I do know that they have grown increasingly unreliable. I avoid the postal service at all costs.

That's weird... Over the last ?4? years; I've shipped 100% of my orders via USPS because you cannot beat the pricing.
    And I've only had one order lost ... in the EU; which we later determined was user error for the customer because he didn't know he needed to contact his Customs office to get the package.

The only other issue I've had is they bent a stay flat mailer so it could fit in the customer's mailbox.

:Knock on Wood:
    I don't agree that the USPS is "horrible".

#54 9 months ago

One reason for the BS excuse is if as a vendor, one goes before the all-nothing Amazon Gods of Judgement,
    One has a chance of it passing through with a "warning", if the customer complains.
    If they simply said, sorry, I screwed up, my fault, this admission gets a Negative "Strike" on your vendor account.
    There are thousands of stories found on the net of honest Amazon Vendors kicked off, because of a couple of customer complaints,
    sometimes erroneous.
    One for me was a large Swarovski Tanzanite Crystal, using their International trademark description.
    The piece was under $20, and the complaint was why it wasnt an $1800 gemstone.
    I lost that one, yet today as then, Amazon themselves will use the same "wrong" words,

#55 9 months ago

Whats weird is I checked out their Amazon customer rating and it was 97 percent.

#56 9 months ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

One reason for the BS excuse is if as a vendor, one goes before the all-nothing Amazon Gods of Judgement,
    One has a chance of it passing through with a "warning", if the customer complains.
    If they simply said, sorry, I screwed up, my fault, this admission gets a Negative "Strike" on your vendor account.
    There are thousands of stories found on the net of honest Amazon Vendors kicked off, because of a couple of customer complaints,
    sometimes erroneous.
    One for me was a large Swarovski Tanzanite Crystal, using their International trademark description.
    The piece was under $20, and the complaint was why it wasnt an $1800 gemstone.
    I lost that one, yet today as then, Amazon themselves will use the same "wrong" words,

That's the one improvement I've seen with eBay over the past 18 months. Ever since they've been getting crushed by Amazon, amongst others, they have really become more supportive of the sellers. It was never that way before. They have put systems in place to make the seller earn it though, which is good. It's not easy, but it's doable. The hundreds of Amazon horror stories for sellers that I've heard have deterred me from ever considering using their site as a seller, though I'm sure that's cost me a ton of money.

#57 9 months ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

Whats weird is I checked out their Amazon customer rating and it was 97 percent.

That's not very good. Anything under 99.5 and I won't even consider using a seller.

#58 9 months ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

That's not very good. Anything under 99.5 and I won't even consider using a seller.

The only bad ratings were for people receiving neon signs broken which I would think is pretty common.

#59 9 months ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

The complaints that go to behind the scenes, wont show on their rating.
    While the overwhelming majority of vendors are fine, its more a matter of a "no mistakes, or complaints allowed".

As a consumer, I understand your issue as well as all other threads.
    As a vendor, its hard to be perfect.
    The $20 concession will make you feel good, but its also to encourage you not to express a negative feedback or complaint.

In lieu of vendor ratings, I am more than aware of boiler rooms in China, that coordinate purchases, behind the scenes refund,
    and controlled positive feedback.

#60 9 months ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

The only bad ratings were for people receiving neon signs broken which I would think is pretty common.

If this falls too low, they suspend the account for review. They will freeze your funds, and close out and transactions, including cancelling in mid process, leading to more complaints....."I ordered, it showed in stock, and Amazon cancelled my order, dont buy here"

Shoppers for the competition have happened. I found such "shopper" that over shopped, returned all and complained on all,
    to be employed by my competitor. Couldnt get anyone at Amazon to tackle this issue.

The tipping point to my account being closed. 99% positive, large positive feedback

#61 9 months ago

I have no doubt I can get my money back.I buy a lot of stuff on Amazon and they have always stood by it.Just recently I bought a fender skirt for my trailer.UPS folded the box and it in half but I had my money back in 3 days and that was not Amazon fulfilled.

#62 9 months ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

If this falls too low, they suspend the account for review. They will freeze your funds, and close out and transactions, including cancelling in mid process, leading to more complaints....."I ordered, it showed in stock, and Amazon cancelled my order, dont buy here"
    Shoppers for the competition have happened. I found such "shopper" that over shopped, returned all and complained on all,
    to be employed by my competitor. Couldnt get anyone at Amazon to tackle this issue.
    The tipping point to my account being closed. 99% positive, large positive feedback

That's good for the consumer.Not so good for the seller .Maybe unfair if people want to be dicks. Do you think some sellers have shills making positive reviews for themselves?

#63 9 months ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

That's good for the consumer.Not so good for the seller .Maybe unfair if people want to be dicks. Do you think some sellers have shills making positive reviews for themselves?

All the time, but mostly Chinese sellers.

I have been approached to do this by at least 100 Chinese factories, in my field.

Its not prevalent in most products on Amazon. I wouldnt worry unless its "too good to be true"

The factories that do this are generally very large, very smart, and mostly good.
    They just get involved more, Like the $.99 piece with free shipping on Ebay.
    (Sterling silver chains....

They do this to fast track sales, and it works.

Certainly Hotel, and food have their own share of generating positive reviews.....free advertising is how its seen.

I dont like it, but happy to share some of the behind the scenes crap, that industry became and I lost my passion for
    what happened.

Appreciate letting me vent!

#64 9 months ago

Funny seeing this thread. My wife had to make a USPS outfit for my 1st grader because she has to play a postal worker at a school event. My daughter is clumsy and loses things. Maybe she has a future career.

#65 9 months ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

USPS is the worst.
    I overnighted a substantial bank check yesterday to a seller here with a guaranteed 3pm delivery today. Not only did the check not show up today, the system only shows a record of it leaving my local sorting facility yesterday, with no record of any kind of acceptance to the destination PO.
    It was an hour wait time on the phone to even speak with a human... and they told me they will need a day or two to sort it out and find it, but I can be "assured" they will refund my money for the overnight charge, as if that makes anything better!
    Meanwhile I'm facing a 90 day hold on the funds of my original bank check if it doesn't show up, and of course will need to pay for the replacement check on top of that.

sounds like you had 1 bad experience...apply that logically to everything in your life and imagine how that turns out.

#66 9 months ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

I guess I owe the USPS an apology in this case.If they never received the item in the first place it's not their fault.I think I'm getting BS'd by the seller.I think I'll give it another week.

I think you should change the title of the thread too.

#67 9 months ago

I never tire of seeing anecdotal evidence being used to justify complete condemnation of services with which most of us never have a lick of trouble.

#68 9 months ago

There are some known issues out there lately. Perhaps there are some cases where they have been cleared for wrong doing. However I have a friend that has been waiting by his front window all day for his package to arrive. Tracking info said out on truck delivery today. Guess what? He is still out there and nothing. So sad how they treat people like my dear friend.

snailmail2 (resized).png

#69 9 months ago
    Quoted from ASOA:

There are some known issues out there lately. Perhaps there are some cases where they have been cleared for wrong doing. However I have a friend that has been waiting by his front window all day for his package to arrive. Tracking info said out on truck delivery today. Guess what? He is still out there and nothing. So sad how they treat people like my dear friend.

That's frustrating, no doubt. The cable company has been doing that to people forever and ever. 'We'll be there between noon and 6 p.m.,' then they call at 5:30 and tell you they have to reschedule for another day. Uggghhh!

#70 9 months ago

15+ years of using the USPS for ebay selling and never had one issue...They are as reliable as any shipping service. I would blame the seller, not the shipping service.

#71 9 months ago

Best story I heard was the one where the mail guy was taking the truck and driving into a wooded area and dumping the trays of mail and not delivering it. A house was slightly close to the area and got him on camera. The post office sent several trucks to pickup all the mail that had been dumped. He had been doing it for awhile. The post office said it must have been a temp?

My uncle retired after 35 years working for them and wonders about the present system?

#72 9 months ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I never tire of seeing anecdotal evidence being used to justify complete condemnation of services with which most of us never have a lick of trouble.

How else do you think people can make their arguments work for them? <<shaking my head>>

#73 9 months ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

sounds like you had 1 bad experience...apply that logically to everything in your life and imagine how that turns out.

I haven't "had". I'm having one and it's very frustrating. I'm complaining about the terrible experience I am presently having with USPS. Try calling all three of the major shippers and compare the wait times to speak to an actual human.

If your favorite restaurant gave you food poisoning and a random thread popped up about the restaurant, you wouldn't say anything because it's logical to presume it probably won't happen again? Hahahah OK.

#74 9 months ago

I've had experience with overnight packages not being overnighted, but other than that, everything I've shipped via USPS has safely made it to where it needed to go, and everything I've had shipped to me has made it. I'm not a high volume shipper like a business, but I still do send and receive a handful of packages every month.

If you want something overnighted, try using fedex instead.

One thing that I do find annoying is how a package is routed when I have one that needs a signature. I have to drive 20 minutes to the next town over to get the package in that town's post office, instead of going to my local post office. I don't know why packages can't be brought to the local post office or why they end up in a completely different town. I've complained a few times about that because it's rather inconvenient.

Admittedly, while the two towns have different names, they have the same zip code for some strange reason, so that may contribute to the issue.

#75 9 months ago

I really believe now this isn't a mail problem but a seller problem on Amazon .I think I'm getting led on because the seller is waiting for the merchandise to send to me.Not certain but I'm gonna wait 7 more days then report to Amazon.

#76 9 months ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I've had experience with overnight packages not being overnighted, but other than that, everything I've shipped via USPS has safely made it to where it needed to go, and everything I've had shipped to me has made it. I'm not a high volume shipper like a business, but I still do send and receive a handful of packages every month.
    If you want something overnighted, try using fedex instead.

Thanks. Fingers crossed it arrives today. I have never used USPS to overnight something, the 3pm thing made me choose them. They just seem to have a much looser tracking system. I understand things get delayed, but at least when it happens with UPS and FEDEX they know why it happened, where it is, and when it can be expected with an updated day. With the postal service it seems to be more of a wait and see kind of thing.

#77 9 months ago

This is ridiculous. You are HAVING a serious issue with 1 piece of mail. They deliver over 600 million pieces a day...they go everywhere. They get contracted by ups and fedex to go places they don't. I hope they sort it out for you.

#78 9 months ago

My only complaint recently with the USPS is that now Amazon is using them to deliver a lot of orders, sometime my prime orders don't arrive on the guaranteed delivery date.

Amazon makes that right though by always crediting me something, and by somehow convincing the USPS to deliver Amazon orders on Sunday. That right there is amazing.

#79 9 months ago

Thanks. Fingers crossed it arrives today. I have never used USPS to overnight something, the 3pm thing made me choose them. They just seem to have a much looser tracking system. I understand things get delayed, but at least when it happens with UPS and FEDEX they know why it happened, where it is, and when it can be expected with an updated day. With the postal service it seems to be more of a wait and see kind of thing.

Every shipping company loses stuff from time to time. Years ago UPS lost two large packages I had shipped at work, both very expensive test equipment packed in Pelican-type cases that weighed about 55 lbs each and tehy could never give us even an idea of where it got lost. We filed a claim and got paid for the gear (or at least the portion of it they covered, don't remember the details). Roughly three years later they just showed up on the dock with the rest of our daily UPS drop-off. They reminded me of the old Bugs Bunny cartoons where they have stamps on them from all over the world. The original shipping labels were on them but they looked like they had been through hell. I think I even have some pictures of them somewhere.

#80 9 months ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

My only complaint recently with the USPS is that now Amazon is using them to deliver a lot of orders, sometime my prime orders don't arrive on the guaranteed delivery date.
    Amazon makes that right though by always crediting me something, and by somehow convincing the USPS to deliver Amazon orders on Sunday. That right there is amazing.

I thought this was interesting. We have a mail truck that goes around on Sundays and it only delivers Amazon packages. It's not our usual mail lady so I think they are hiring contractors to do this work in my area at least.

#81 9 months ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I thought this was interesting. We have a mail truck that goes around on Sundays and it only delivers Amazon packages. It's not our usual mail lady so I think they are hiring contractors to do this work in my area at least.

I always figured it was so the regular mail person had a day off. Same for us, regular person monday-saturday then a different person on sunday. Our regular lady lives a few houses down from us, I'll have to ask her next time i see her.

#82 9 months ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I don't know why packages can't be brought to the local post office or why they end up in a completely different town. I've complained a few times about that because it's rather inconvenient.

Try having your local post office only open during the middle of the day. Our office's hours... 11-2, 3-5pm. So if your job happens to be NOT where you live... imagine trying to get those packages to pickup when the postman takes it back to the PO...

That's a PITA

#83 9 months ago

I can't believe it .The package arrived at the Los Angeles distribution center after 16 days.Its finally coming my way.I have no idea what really happened to it.

#84 9 months ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

.I have no idea what really happened to it.

Tom Hanks and Wilson

#85 9 months ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

Tom Hanks and Wilson

I don't get it.

#86 9 months ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

I don't get it.

Castaway movie.

IMG_3658 (resized).JPG

#88 9 months ago

OK,I get it now.

#89 9 months ago

I wonder if they were waiting for a shipment of these neon signs from China or they were being made in China and sent to California.I hope when I get them their not broken.Ill end up waitng another 3 f**cking weeks for another one.

#90 9 months ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

I wonder if they were waiting for a shipment of these neon signs from China or they were being made in China and sent to California.I hope when I get them their not broken.Ill end up waitng another 3 f**cking weeks for another one.

I would suspect they are made in China...I dealt with them quite a bit and your posted email only confirmed it for me as it sounds like the same manufacturer I have dealt with....who also sells on EBay and Amazon listed in California.

#91 9 months ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

I would suspect they are made in China...I dealt with them quite a bit and your posted email only confirmed it for me as it sounds like the same manufacturer I have dealt with....who also sells on EBay and Amazon listed in California.

I got them through Sign Store USA.Were your signs intact when you got them? How long did it take you to get them?

#92 9 months ago

can we see the signs? i can't be the only person wanting to see what you are getting!

#93 9 months ago
    Quoted from Syco54645:

can we see the signs? i can't be the only person wanting to see what you are getting!

If I can get my daughter to help me with the computer.I'm a little computer illiterate.

#94 9 months ago

Heres the signs

blue moon (resized).jpg

corona 2 (resized).jpg

#95 9 months ago

Nice, those will look good if they ever come in.

#96 9 months ago

Amazon has there own delivery drivers now, where I work we hardly get amazon packages anymore.

#97 9 months ago

Thanks. Fingers crossed it arrives today. I have never used USPS to overnight something, the 3pm thing made me choose them.

FedEx...when it absolutely, positively has to be there overnight.....just sayin'

#98 9 months ago

Well, finally got my neon signs today.They packed them really well and look great.Only thing is it took 3 weeks to get them.I have no idea what really happened for sure.

#99 9 months ago

Glad you received them.

What was the Amazon delivery window?

#100 9 months ago

Sure beats the stories from my elders waiting 6 months plus for a hammer ordered from the sears catalog!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 36.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7,199.99
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 24.95
    $ 43.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 22.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 27.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 18.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 8,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    PinballSTAR Amusements
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 800.00
    Playfields
    Pinball Playfields
    $ 2.00
    Various Other Swag
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 239.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside