(Topic ID: 161759)

What's the price on a very nice Roadshow?

By BrooklynDrug

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 80 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by T7
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

eac8e62c5fefbecb005939bacbf34a1e93e60c48_(resized).jpg
IMG_0401_(resized).JPG
IMG_0405_(1)_(resized).JPG
IMG_0533_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metallik.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#76 7 years ago
Quoted from T7:

RS was considered better than Congo, Shadow, and WH20 with a slightly higher price tag for many years (10-15)

No, not really. RS has always been an also-ran, due to the linear software, lack of stacking and repetitive quotes. Shadow has always been considered a better game, even back in the 90s when they both sold for around 1K at auction. Shadow's ass-kicking reputation turned off more casual buyers. Congo was unpopular for a long while, then inexplicably became sought-after despite system-11 era rules and a crappy mini-playfield. Whitewaters were cheap because most were blown out and spare parts were hard to find, but even back in the day it was considered a better game than RS.

#79 7 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Opinions varied, but RS was always a little more expensive on average than both Shadow and WH20 - therefore I stay with my assessment. Up until at least 2005, RS was on average $200-$300 more than TS or WH20 (for sale, not necessarily auctions). Alec Baldwin was probably the biggest deterrent to Shadow's popularity. And yes - everyone disliked Congo.

I agree RS was more expensive than those back in the day, but I stand by *my* assessment that it was the inferior game RS has lots more "stuff" and is a great beginner game, not to mention attractive in appearance, but it gets old... that's why the price never really rose - high churn. Shadow and WH20 started cheap but eclipsed RS as more people liked the gameplay and wanted one for themselves. Price went up as supply dropped.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 63.95
$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
PinSound

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metallik.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-the-price-on-a-very-nice-roadshow?tu=metallik and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.