(Topic ID: 161759)

What's the price on a very nice Roadshow?

By BrooklynDrug

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 80 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by T7
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

eac8e62c5fefbecb005939bacbf34a1e93e60c48_(resized).jpg
IMG_0401_(resized).JPG
IMG_0405_(1)_(resized).JPG
IMG_0533_(resized).JPG
There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

I'm in the market for an above average Roadshow and I'm wondering what would be a good price point for one. I had someone offer me $4200 for a decent one in my area, but I immediately shot that down. I know they usually go for under 3k. Just wanted to get thoughts on what is a good area to deal with money wise. Thanks guys.

#2 7 years ago

If you are referring to a machine in superb+ condition with no cabinet fading, no broken ramps, no missing parts, fulling functioning heads, shaker motor, bulldozer assembly, and completely intact plastics?
If so, $4500-5000.
I rarely see one that does not have at least some type of minor problem, because owners don't want to fix the machine.
There are a lot of motor assembly EMI transistor boards.

"Collector" condition RS are generally quite rare, as they will fetch prices close to $5500-6000 in certain markets.
But, like I said they are rare, and generally sellers are going to squat on them for while, because it currently is not a "hot title", yet...

"Above average" usually references to below excellent quality.
These are what you commonly find on the market or though less meticulous dealers.
$2800-$3500.

"Player condition" is $2500 if it all works right, which is doubtful.
Just look at Red and Ted's eyes...

$2000 for a beater, and most are those are gone now.

A "decent one" (nebulous description) is most likely in the above average range, not excellent.
So you are sitting in the $3k range, if the playfield and scoops are not shot.
Minus $500 if the cabinet is rough.
Everything else keeps dropping the price based on severity like the talking heads if they need rebuilt.

#3 7 years ago

I think maybe 3500-3800 for a really nice one. 4k or more... when?

I sold a great one for under 3k. Its not Funhouse.

#4 7 years ago

The one I mentioned had cabinet fade. Touched up too. Pretty great pf, a lot of things rebuilt. But, when their rebuilt (boards, etc..), I feel that shouldn't jack up the price really. It's not like there's a color dmd or any mods coming with it to justify the $4200 price tag. Lots of things are new on it like the lockdown bar, glass, and things like that but, it's $3500 at best I think.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

I think maybe 3500-3800 for a really nice one. 4k or more... when?
I sold a great one for under 3k. Its not Funhouse.

Yeah, you said it man. When?

#6 7 years ago

I sold a very nice one(small fish wear, cab faded)last summer for 3k.

#7 7 years ago

Hang in there, check the game thoroughly, especially the notes on heads working well.
If you are patient, I think you can find a very nice game for under 3K.
My 2 cents.

#8 7 years ago

$10k by Christmas.

#9 7 years ago

Very nice > 3K
Not so nice less than 3K

#10 7 years ago

I paid 2k for mine, and it was pretty rough.

#11 7 years ago

Thanks for all the info and advice guys. Only confirms that $4200 is a ridiculous price for this title. I have patience this time around thankfully. Haha.

#12 7 years ago

So offer 3500. You are not that far apart.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

I'm not so sure he would do that. He seems dead set on his price.

#14 7 years ago

If it's in NIB condition it's still not a $4k game. The condition you describe is under $3k. Lawlor games are plentiful, I think when you get past $3k Ripley's is a better choice and easier to maintain.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Its not worth 3500 unless its huo and no fade even then its pushing it

#16 7 years ago

I remember just few months ago a nice one with color dmd took forever to sell at 2500-2600 and another that was nice but needed a driver board sat at 1900 and dont believe it sold. I sold a pretty nice one with lots upgrades for 2400 and it took a week or two.

#17 7 years ago

Be patient. You may have to wait a couple of months to find the right one. I waited a year to find my cc, but this game is plentiful. Good luck.

#18 7 years ago

Thanks guys, the pointers surely do help. And as I said, I'm in no rush. Patients is key this time around.

Just a shame that rs I was offered will sit and sit due to the inflated price. That's one pinballers dream gone short.

1 week later
#19 7 years ago

After a couple days of this post, there's been a couple roadshows on the market. One is sitting at 3750, and one that sold in 2 days time at 2400.

It's pretty safe to say, a decent quality example is around the 2600-3k range. I just can't believe the prices people want from these though. Yikes!

#20 7 years ago

I get it. Here's the dilemma. I paid 3750 at eBay auction. I know first mistake. Then I put in LEDs. New flipper assemblies coil stops eos etc and a lot of time new rubber all around. Then I got the correct bumpers and bumpers and a color dmd a led OCD board and a GI OCD board new balls new connectors new jaws and such lots of time and money plus rebuilt the heads again lot of time and money so I have maybe 4700 in it and it's a 3500 game I get that. Roadshow in general is a game that requires a lot of tlc that's isn't financially rewarding but it is def fun rewarding when it's all dialed in and and you make the left ramp left ramp right ramp to blast zone combo like butter! Check out my add and the market and tell me what you think. My video speaks for itself. Everything is totally working 100% plus just because it's on fleabay for 4999 doesn't mean that's what they sell for. With no fish wear working 100% and just incandescents retail was 3500 about 3 years ago. So maybe 3200 private party. Keep in mind they ain't making anymore Williams classics and the sterns deprecate while the older bally Williams games are retaining value if not appreciating. Good luck with your search!!

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

I get it. Here's the dilemma. I paid 3750 at eBay auction. I know first mistake. Then I put in LEDs. New flipper assemblies coil stops eos etc and a lot of time new rubber all around. Then I got the correct bumpers and bumpers and a color dmd a led OCD board and a GI OCD board new balls new connectors new jaws and such lots of time and money plus rebuilt the heads again lot of time and money so I have maybe 4700 in it and it's a 3500 game I get that. Roadshow in general is a game that requires a lot of tlc that's isn't financially rewarding but it is def fun rewarding when it's all dialed in and and you make the left ramp left ramp right ramp to blast zone combo like butter! Check out my add and the market and tell me what you think. My video speaks for itself. Everything is totally working 100% plus just because it's on fleabay for 4999 doesn't mean that's what they sell for. With no fish wear working 100% and just incandescents retail was 3500 about 3 years ago. So maybe 3200 private party. Keep in mind they ain't making anymore Williams classics and the sterns deprecate while the older bally Williams games are retaining value if not appreciating. Good luck with your search!!

I had a rs with very nice playfield(no wear) and lots of upgrades all working that i sold for 2400 a year ago and it took a few weeks . There were several under 3k a few months ago that took a while to sell and i believe they sold for around 2500-2700 and had color dmd . Its a fun game but anything over 3k and u get into much better pins and themes .

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

I get it. Here's the dilemma. I paid 3750 at eBay auction. ... I have maybe 4700 in it...

What the current owner has invested in a game has no bearing on the value of the game. If you've done things that I would not have done these things may lower the price I would pay if I'll spend time changing them to suit me.

If nice examples are available for $2400 with patience it's a $2400 game.

#23 7 years ago

And that's why they call it a market

#24 7 years ago

Honestly what Williams DMD are you going to get for 3500 bucks that has as much to offer?

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

And that's why they call it a market

Or what they call owning the game and price pumping it.

#26 7 years ago

It's a 3k pin for a nice one. 35 for no fade, perfect playfield, red and Ted looks brand new. Add colordmd, 4k

#27 7 years ago

It's highly underrated...it's such a great pin in the home.

#28 7 years ago

Couldn't agree more, MSch.

#29 7 years ago

Recently paid 3300 for mine in the Denver area. The play field and Red and Ted are in very nice shape, just a few broken plastics which were easily replaced. I couldn't be happier with it. It's one of the most fun machines I've played, everyone smiles and laughs when they play it, totally worth the money in my opinion.

I think there are regional differences in prices that throw people off, too. A game in Denver is going to be priced differently than a game in places with lower salaries and cost of living.

#30 7 years ago

I passed on one a few months ago with broken eyes for $2500

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

I'm sorry but 3750 is a ridiculous price for this title anyway you look at it. And as mentioned before, it's not market, it's price pumping. I choose to look at it from the right perspective. For 3750, you can get much better games for that price that still go for there rightful going rate. It's a 2400 for a reason. It's a fun game, but yours is prolly 3k at best. Sure, those are my opinions, but I go with what I see. And the commenters on this thread know what's up.

Glwts though.

#32 7 years ago

Mine is very nice and was $1800....but that was 2008

#33 7 years ago

And I appreciate the work you've put into it, and what you have in it, but for that price you might as well make it a keeper for yourself. It's a great game.

#34 7 years ago

I agree it'll prob b a keeper for a while. I know I paid too much just not ready to take huge loss on it. So what would you suggest a fair trade would be?

#35 7 years ago

3k is top $ for a Road Show. Does not matter how much $ you pump in to it. Pinball is not an investment and when you go to sell a game with mods installed, the only way you may recover some of THAT MOD $ is to remove the mods and resell them seperately.

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

I agree it'll prob b a keeper for a while. I know I paid too much just not ready to take huge loss on it. So what would you suggest a fair trade would be?

Judge Dredd? Congo? Getaway? BSD? Dirty Harry? Whirlwind?

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

And therein lies the problem with your pricing. You acknowledge more than once in this thread that you overpaid for this game, but your logic is now that your buyer will have to overpay to offset your earlier poor decision.

#39 7 years ago

The way i see it is 2 heads are better than 1, so if Funhouse pins go for average $3500 why shouldnt RS being a wide body go for more.

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

And therein lies the problem with your pricing. You acknowledge more than once in this thread that you overpaid for this game, but your logic is now that your buyer will have to overpay to offset your earlier poor decision.

Agree with this completely.

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

The way i see it is 2 heads are better than 1, so if Funhouse pins go for average $3500 why shouldnt RS being a wide body go for more.

Fun house is a much better theme and layout...but the rules are shallow and no dmd . Rs has ok theme, rules are just ok but it has lots going on and is dmd widebody.

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Fun house is a much better theme and layout...but the rules are shallow and no dmd . Rs has ok theme, rules are just ok but it has lots going on and is dmd widebody.

The layout on RS is way better than FH in my opinion. The right side of FH is garbage. RS has a fantastic layout.

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

The layout on RS is way better than FH in my opinion. The right side of FH is garbage. RS has a fantastic layout.

I guess tron and congo are horrible also since the layouts are similar to fh... dont take my post the wrong way rs doesn't have a bad layout at all i just like fh.tron and congo better.
Again these are all opinions so there is no good or bad just preference.

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I guess tron and congo are horrible also since the layouts are similar to fh... dont take my post the wrong way rs doesn't have a bad layout at all i just like fh.tron and congo better.
Again these are all opinions so there is no good or bad just preference.

Honestly, I'm not a big fan of Tron or Congo either.

Congo is the best of the three.

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Honestly, I'm not a big fan of Tron or Congo either.
Congo is the best of the three.

I do agree with u there ... congo is one my favorite pins to play to just to have fun and not take to seriously

#47 7 years ago

RoadShow is a great game (albeit with some questionable scoring and rules, but chalk that up to risk/reward) with a great layout, delightfully overdone toys, and it's just plain fun...

....and it doesn't command more than $3500 unless it's pristine, fully working, has a colorDMD, etc.

I could see the restored one from the Ohio show a couple years ago going over $4k, but that's one in a few hundred. Literally probably .5 percent (or under 20 games) are out there that could command that kind of price.

#48 7 years ago

There are lot of long term collectors out there that have CQ examples, the prices reflect that, well more than $4K now.
A ColorDMD does not tip the balance for this title, and is not even a consideration.
The just don't show up for sale in that level of condition often, as even dealers know that the restoration efforts to bring this game back takes more than an average title, and they are not inclined to always go hunting down assemblies.

It was a slow charge for this game regarding sales for many years, overshadowed by the Funhouse craze, lack of available parts for restoration until the last 10 years, and unawareness just like games like Shadow, Congo, DW, FT, and WH20.

It is still a difficult game to find without busted up yellow ramps, as they were not readily reproduced in quantity.

#49 7 years ago

RoadShow is the perfect example of a game that will be going up in price sharply. It's the exact thing seen with Scared Stiff about 3-4 years ago - a thread just like this with everyone saying SS is a sub 3K game. Are you kidding? Then the price shot through the roof. RS won't go as high, but it will jump to be a 4K+ game. Congo is another example, but of an inferior game - sorry but it's true - Congo went up in spite of itself, due to rarity more than quality. The only reason RS is still hanging onto a low price point is the large number produced - as they become scarce, the price will rise. If they made the same limited # as Congos it would be a 5K game already.

#50 7 years ago

Comparing RS to Scared Stiff is laughable. The theme / humor is what carried SS to sky high prices. Elviria appeals to the average pinhead like Red and Ted could never do.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 63.95
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-the-price-on-a-very-nice-roadshow/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.