(Topic ID: 113444)

What's the point in arguing with crazy people?

By TwoChaniz

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 93 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

gallery_1410_30_19065.gif
old-people-funny-t-shirts-17__605.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballsmith.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#16 9 years ago

How can people "disagree" with a youtube video link and for wishing everyone a happy Holidays?

#27 9 years ago

My first machine was a Roadshow that I bought from GRC. They had the machine setup in the center of their showroom ready for me to inspect it. It was a really nice experience and they were extremely prompt about getting the machine ready for me. I guess my enthusiasm for the hobby showed and they offered me a part-time job. I worked at their Chadds Ford location for a little while, but once they moved to Downington, I had to end my working relationship with them. In person, they are incredibly nice and knowledgeable. They host a lot of pinball parties and it's always a large gathering of supporters. I'm not really for the pinside stuff they post, but that's not going to stop me from supporting them (primarily because quite a few pinsiders post very inappropriate stuff as well). They're the most down to earth pinball restorers in the area and I would highly recommend visiting them in person before posting about them online.

#30 9 years ago

Or self-moderation.

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I know you got us mixed up, that's why I removed the question.
As far as that info goes I bought from GRC about a year and a half ago and had nothing but a positive experience from them. Dantebean took it upon himself to pm me with the information to "educate" me about a matter that happened 14 years ago. I believe people deserve a second chance and I believe the person (who I will not call by name) at GRC has proven to the officials that he has followed and complied with all judgements put forth by them and continues to do so to this day. If he falls off the "wagon" even once then my sentiments will change.

dantebean actually took the time to do something like that? Thread trolling is one thing, but that's taking it to an obsessive level. That was something that had nothing to do with the business and it's being used as a device to drive people away. Nice...

#51 9 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

Was sent to me by another Pinsider first kid. If he wants to step up he can. Sorry but I don't accept judgement from a teenager that accepts an IOU online for a thousand dollar game. You're way out of your league on this one. You have no daughters and you are not an adult yet. You can't say a 30 year old man isn't wired wrong for performing indecent acts on a 2 15 year olds. Take a good luck at your buddy. If you had teenagers would you take them into a store with a registered sex offender?
Would also add that I did not publicly post this info, and sent to Paul privately.

Sorry old man, but I'm not a teenager and I didn't accept an IOU. That was something forced on me at the last possible second. Sure, that's not a positive act to have under your belt, but it has nothing to do with the business.

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Just a note, the only way that deal would have been 'forced upon you' would be with the assistance of a firearm. You were under no obligation to transfer the machine under terms that suddenly changed and that you no longer liked. Don't be afraid to walk from deals that are turning sour, and never transfer possession of a machine to a stranger until you have full cash payment in-hand. A little advice for the future, nothing more...

Yes, I could of prevented it, but it's not easy for someone autistic to take charge when you're faced with two people trying to buy something from you. What dantebean wrote was condescending.

#64 9 years ago

GRC is actually quite small. It's mostly just Mike and Ray who do everything. A few others will generally do some work here and there for a while such as myself. Ray is really a marvel when it comes to repair work. He's one of the few people I know that actually went to school for coin-op repair. Mike handles pretty much everything else as Ray is usually on the road doing service calls. Either way, it's mostly just two talented individuals at GRC compared to a team of people at other similar businesses. I've always been impressed by the quality of their products. Although there are a few, not many people can do what they do with so little help.

As for the current issues, and although they bother me, don't really concern me as that was before GRC. I'm looking for high-quality stuff that will last. There aren't many other options available and I haven't been let down yet. The jukebox I have that was purchased from TNT is a different story and the recent internet dealings I've been having with Todd have not been pleasant.

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

All I know is that last video that you posted on here all u are trying to hurt the competition. Tnt releases informational videos every week and does not directly say anything about other companies. However I could see why grc does this because in tnt videos they have new machines every week and in grc videos they pretty much have same stuff every month so its pretty clear who the people choose to do business with and from the actions on here I can understand why. All in all im just glad pinball is back . Cant we all just get along its only pinball?

TNT bashes GRC over on the KLOV arcade forums. They both go at one another. Maybe one day that photo they took together at the Marple auctions will be more than just a photo.

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Theres a big difference doing it on a forum and then on youtube . These retail businesses get most of their sales from people not on forums we all know better to pay the crazy prices they charge .so yes grc is intentionally trying to hurt other businesses while tnt is just takeing up for his company but not in a childish way , I mean come on watch that last video ?

The fact they're both feuding coin-op retail businesses makes them both childish. Where's the friendship sparked by common interests? Maybe one day, GRC will stop with the youtube video bashing and TNT with the duplicate accounts to thumbs down videos.

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

While I think the GRC minions are absolute dinks, I think we have to be careful about a witch hunt regarding this public information. From what I read, what he was charged with could cover a huge range of possible actions. I've known people who were accused of raping their wives (who they lived with) who end up on that list, with a similar charge.

Who falls under that status?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7.50
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballsmith.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-the-point-in-arguing-with-crazy-people?tu=pinballsmith and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.