Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 85 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by splattii
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TP-pf down-c (resized).jpg
    LuckyStrike509 001 - cropped (resized).jpg
    C57E6548-F37B-4606-9746-934C4BACA89C (resized).jpeg
    478F0688-0B2E-4457-89B7-367B2E47DD8C (resized).jpeg
    CAE45CD9-0E4C-4EE4-9E15-362EDFF5081D (resized).jpeg
    20230123_073445 (resized).jpg
    8B0FE7E3-45F5-4B71-A5FA-F61AC00F87AC (resized).jpeg
    EDDD74B0-A670-420B-84AC-1D1EF03EFAC3 (resized).jpeg
    3EB43352-4168-4B1E-96D0-39C470F51FBE (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9234 copy (resized).JPG
    Frontiersman (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200906_161201754 (resized).jpg
    20171223_143326 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0665 (resized).JPG
    eet_Jr (resized).jpg
    16743560037103652853451918898133 (resized).jpg

There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 17 days ago

I like Hokus Pokus (EM)

#52 17 days ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

1954 Sweet Add A Line.
    Biggest jackpot game Gottlieb ever did, I believe?
    Complete all 16 rollovers to win 26 credits and a non-stop knocker fest.
    Incredibly hard to do.
    Think even Keith Elwin would struggle to complete this game! [quoted image]

Damn, that looks fun.

#53 17 days ago

I haven't played many older machines so like others I've got to go with Funhouse and other System 11's. Whirlwind, Earthshaker, Mousin Around, Diner, Taxi, etc...

#54 17 days ago

Every pintastic someone brings a 1930s ballyho. For some reason I like playing it

#55 17 days ago

My '53 Gtb. Poker Face is the oldest game I have (and have ever had). And I enjoy it.

#56 17 days ago

My oldest!
    Mechanical marvel

3EB43352-4168-4B1E-96D0-39C470F51FBE (resized).jpeg
    #57 17 days ago
    Quoted from dug:

My oldest!
    Mechanical marvel

A Rockola World Series on my bucket list of pins to own someday. It's crazy what they were able to accomplish with just gears and spring tension.

My oldest game is a 1949 Genco Black Gold https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=305. It turns out those early flipper games are a lot fun!

#58 17 days ago

I’ve haven’t got much room, so the old ones rotate being set up since I’m the only one in the household that really enjoys them.

My current favorite is Gottlieb’s Wagon Train from 1960. It’s a battle to keep the 100/10 points “on” and scoring as many points as you can before the evil “off” button rollover switches back to 10/1 scoring. When the 100 target pops up on the rototarget, it’s like a timed jackpot shot. To me, a good game is over 1,000 points and to light the feathers.
    EDDD74B0-A670-420B-84AC-1D1EF03EFAC3 (resized).jpeg

#59 17 days ago

Oldest machine I regularly enjoy is the oldest machine in my collection. 1977 Interflip Dragon that I bought NIB from John's Jukes in Canada. It's got a plexiglass playfield and the unique roar of the dragons as you knock them down. It's always a good time for $.25 in my arcade.

#60 17 days ago

I love playing old games, and have been fortunate to play quite a few rare and obscure titles.

So far my all time favorite oldie to play is gottlieb Ice Show from 1966. It is just pure pinball fun. I’ve also spent a bunch of time on the replay version, ice review, and while it’s a fun game, it doesn’t hold a candle to it’s AAB sibling.

The oldest that I’m enjoying currently is Williams Satellite from 1958. Nothing like trying to get all those space monkeys around the planet so you can score a special.

rock-ola’s worlds series from 1934 deserves an honorable mention if we have guests that are willing to gamble.

8B0FE7E3-45F5-4B71-A5FA-F61AC00F87AC (resized).jpeg
    #61 17 days ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Target alpha is one of the most underrated games in all of pinball.

I had to look that one up. Isn't it very similar to El Dorado?

#62 16 days ago
    Quoted from Trond:

I had to look that one up. Isn't it very similar to El Dorado?

The playfield layout is similar, but that's where it ends.

#63 16 days ago

I have my Stern "Galaxy" I play when I want just good pinball!!

#64 16 days ago

Really any nicely working EM that dishes out punishment to me when I play it and most do.

#65 16 days ago

1977 Gottlieb, Centigrade 37.
    I think it helps that I had a stunning, professional restoration done on my low mileage original.

Strong suggestion for everyone. I put a powerball in many of my older games over the years. Not only will they play faster but the game play is like a different machine. Surprisingly different and the effect is really great in my C37.

20230123_073445 (resized).jpg
    #66 16 days ago

Now I gotta try this !

Quoted from Mr68:

1977 Gottlieb, Centigrade 37.
    I put a powerball in many of my older games over the years. Not only will they play faster but the game play is like a different machine. Surprisingly different and the effect is really great in my C37.
    [quoted image]

#67 16 days ago
    Quoted from dug:

My oldest!
    Mechanical marvel
    [quoted image]

I need to change my answer to agree with you. Super fun game, and quite a value for 5 cents back then. Will do some more work on mine this evening and hopefully have it working properly soon.

#68 16 days ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

I put a powerball in many of my older games over the years.

Same. I currently have a powerball as one of the five balls in my ‘58 gottlieb criss cross. I call it the snow ball, and it’s always a laugh for guests when it comes up to the shooter and plays so differently. You can really notice how much more lively and uncontrollable it is when the other four balls are still normal.

Previously I had one in my Dolly Parton and it was a riot, but just too cruel for the uninitiated..

#69 16 days ago

Love my 1934 Bally Fleet Jr, it has that “one more game” factor.

CAE45CD9-0E4C-4EE4-9E15-362EDFF5081D (resized).jpeg
    #70 16 days ago

Very interesting old machines with actual pins
    Question: do the flipperless pinball machines from the 30s allow a lot of nudging, or is the tilt mechanism very sensitive?

#71 16 days ago

1933 World's Fair Jigsaw. The art/design is beautiful like most of them were in that era, but the game is seriously fun unlike most them in that era. 5x4 rows of ball sinks with corresponding rows of jigsaw puzzles to complete. Sink the top row to get all 4 puzzle pieces below, 3rd spot to get 3, etc. Also has a wrap-around ball plunge roughly 500 years before Dale/Grand Prix/NASCAR.

If you plunge the ball and watch the outcome like slot machine or nudge like you should, it's really entertaining either way. And if you have one to sell, send me a PM!

(gameplay starts about 1:20 in)

#72 16 days ago

Did any of you guys catch this video from Clay? This machine is so cool. One of the first actual gambling machines.

That guy's awesome. What a help to the pin community too. He's done so much to help others. Love Clay. He's all world awesome.

#73 16 days ago
    Quoted from Trond:

Very interesting old machines with actual pins
    Question: do the flipperless pinball machines from the 30s allow a lot of nudging, or is the tilt mechanism very sensitive?

A lot of nudging, but you have to keep aware of the tilt. It’s a fun challenge.

#74 16 days ago

Holy fuck, that's pretty kool !

Quoted from VALIS666:

1933 World's Fair Jigsaw. The art/design is beautiful like most of them were in that era, but the game is seriously fun unlike most them in that era. 5x4 rows of ball sinks with corresponding rows of jigsaw puzzles to complete. Sink the top row to get all 4 puzzle pieces below, 3rd spot to get 3, etc. Also has a wrap-around ball plunge roughly 500 years before Dale/Grand Prix/NASCAR.
    If you plunge the ball and watch the outcome like slot machine or nudge like you should, it's really entertaining either way. And if you have one to sell, send me a PM!
    (gameplay starts about 1:20 in)

#75 15 days ago
    Quoted from fast_in_muskoka:

Holy fuck, that's pretty kool !

I agree! Very interesting. I had never heard of it, and looking it up I find out that it's the best-selling pin ever!

#76 15 days ago
    Quoted from VALIS666:

1933 World's Fair Jigsaw.

Quoted from Trond:

I looked it up and found out it's the best-selling pin ever!

Did they give a breakdown of how many pros, how many premiums, and how many LEs were made?

#77 15 days ago

Love my World’s Fair Jigsaw.
    C57E6548-F37B-4606-9746-934C4BACA89C (resized).jpeg

But World’s Series is an absolute blast to play, and as previously mentioned, a mechanical marvel for the time. Such a great game.
    478F0688-0B2E-4457-89B7-367B2E47DD8C (resized).jpeg

And if anyone has an Army-Navy they might sell, please contact me.

#78 15 days ago
    Quoted from djblouw:

Love my World’s Fair Jigsaw.
    [quoted image]
    But World’s Series is an absolute blast to play, and as previously mentioned, a mechanical marvel for the time. Such a great game.
    [quoted image]
    And if anyone has an Army-Navy they might sell, please contact me.

Army/Navy Football. Another great game. You get that and you'll have the triumvirate!

GL in your search to find one.

#79 14 days ago
    Quoted from djblouw:

.....World’s Series is an absolute blast to play, and as previously mentioned, a mechanical marvel for the time. Such a great game.

I had to look up a video of this one. You weren't kidding. What a machine.

#80 14 days ago

Previously, my 1965 unique Williams "Lucky Strike."
    Currently, my 1969 Gottlieb "Target Pool."

LuckyStrike509 001 - cropped (resized).jpgTP-pf down-c (resized).jpg
    #81 13 days ago
    Quoted from Pinfidel:

Army/Navy Football. Another great game. You get that and you'll have the triumvirate!
    GL in your search to find one.

This one also looks fancy.
    What exactly is the goal in Army vs Navy? Is it a two player game?

#82 9 days ago

To answer my own question, I think El Dorado is a great game. But I would love to try those 1930s mechanical pins one day.

#83 9 days ago

Hate to admit it cause the theme is so cringey but 1951 Minstrel Man is a super fun game, drop targets (yes, drop targets !!) ball saver, just a fun game to play, but I would never own one, for obvious reasons.
    I also love Williams Jungle,1960 cool backglass animation, fun shots, unique cabinet, just all around fun.
    Oldest game I've played is wiffle, don't think there are any older than that.
    B

#84 9 days ago

I'm a big fan of almost anything from the 1970s, especially the Gottlieb wedgeheads, so here are some of my favorite pre-70s games...

Suspense, Surf Side, RockMakers, Sing Along, Central Park, Dodge City, Kings & Queens, North Star, Slick Chick, Rocket

and it still feels like I could go on and on.

#85 9 days ago

King of Diamonds was probably the 'oldest' machine I had a lot of fun with

There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-the-oldest-pinball-you-enjoy/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.