4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 161 posts
  • 111 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Nevus
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

jack soo (mushy mushy).jpeg
    ron glass.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    image-596.jpg
    image.jpg
    download (3).jpg
    throwback-thursday-bttf-rtr-0.png
    72005801.jpg
    goldengirls.jpg

There are 161 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Movie Pin

Wasn't there a rumor a while back about a Fast & Furious game that was supposed to be in development but was pushed back because the movie (FF7) was delayed due to the untimely death of the lead actor?

Fast & Furious 7 is coming out in early April 2015

Fast & Furious speculation:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fast-furious-would-you-be-in-if-it-was-announced
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-next-release-fast-and-furious-my-prediction
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-about-a-fast-and-furious-pinball

The timing doesn't seem right on that though. April seems too soon after the recent release of Wrestlemania.

What other movies could it be? What Summer 2015 movies are big enough to be a worthwhile them?

Avengers: Age of Ultron - May 2015 (Would they re-release the recent Avengers pin? Doubtful)
    Mad Max: Fury Road - May 2015
    Jurassic World - June 2015
    Terminator: Genisys - July 2015
    Mission Impossible 5 - July 2015
    Fantastic Four - August 2015

Magic Mike 2 ?????????????

#52 4 years ago

Wrestlemania pemium

#53 4 years ago
    Quoted from guyincognito:

Wasn't there a rumor a while back about a Fast & Furious game that was supposed to be in development but was pushed back because the movie (FF7) was delayed due to the untimely death of the lead actor?
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fast-furious-would-you-be-in-if-it-was-announced
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-next-release-fast-and-furious-my-prediction
    The timing doesn't seem right on that though. April seems too soon after the recent release of Wrestlemania.

Well, pins based on movies don't come out the same month as the movie. They are usually a few months later, ala Avengers, Star Trek, Tron....

#54 4 years ago

Been there & done that 4 times already. Where have you been?

#55 4 years ago

I'd love to see a Mad Max pin. They could do the pro in the new movie and the Premium or limited in the old classic Mad Max style (similar to how they did WWE)

#56 4 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

LEGO license. You build the pin yourself, and then you have to write your own code.

Ha! Ha!

#57 4 years ago

some titles been thinking are long overdue

1 - Dr. Seuss (wireforms galore)
    2 - Pee Wee Playhouse (toys galore)
    3 - Blue Brothers (why not)

Nuff said

#58 4 years ago
    Quoted from guyincognito:

What other movies could it be? What Summer 2015 movies are big enough to be a worthwhile them?
    Avengers: Age of Ultron - May 2015 (Would they re-release the recent Avengers pin? Doubtful)
    Mad Max: Fury Road - May 2015
    Jurassic World - June 2015
    Terminator: Genisys - July 2015
    Mission Impossible 5 - July 2015
    Fantastic Four - August 2015
    Magic Mike 2 ?????????????

Magic Mike 2 makes the most sense as in the movie there are balls swinging around...EVERYWHERE. This would also bring in more ladies to the hobby.

#59 4 years ago

I'd like a Jurassic World

#60 4 years ago

I would personally want:

JAWS - this year 40th Anniversary.
    GOONIES - this year 30th Anniversary.
    SPACE BALLS (2017 30th Anniversary.)
    LED ZEPPELIN (2018 50th Anniversary is likely when you will see that title )
    TOM PETTY & THE HEARTBREAKERS (2016 40th Anniversary)

*TRON VE (Tron 3 is filming in Canada this year so within a year or two this will happen soon or perhaps a new Tron Pin will come out)
    *LOTR VE (2018 15th Anniversary for the movie... this year it's 61 years since the book.)

I can also see them making a new Jurassic World pin , as well as this year being we went into the future on Oct. 21st 2015 I can see them re-releasing the DE Back To The Future pin or revitalizing it, like what they did to the Simpsons.

At some point I can also see them pumping out an Aerosmith ,The Beatles, Pink Floyd & The Who pinball.

#61 4 years ago

I would like a Jurassic World.
    I would LOVE a Back to the Future 2015! (order one in a second)

#62 4 years ago

I would think that Jurrasic World has been mentioned or explored at Stern.......whether it makes sense to build , i don't know. I would love to see it if they did......dinosaurs=easy sell

#63 4 years ago

Here's the answer:

Whoa Nellie! Big Juicy Melons™ is now available through authorized Stern Pinball distributors and dealers around the world.

#64 4 years ago

And its practically free...

#65 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Lord of the Rings
    LTG : )™
    Disclaimer : Looking to be a great year for pinball !

You must be right! I will hold you to that

#66 4 years ago

The only thing that you can bet on is a price increase and something else that was perfectly fine the way it was cheapened.

Hate to feel that way, but Stern has created this stereotype TO ME.

#67 4 years ago

I am willing to bet its Kiss or Iron Maiden. I think those are 2 wise choices that will sell well.
    Now, having said there, I know there are people here just throwing out fun titles like Golden Girls etc, and those are funny, but there are also others asking for Led Zeppelin or Grateful Dead for example.
    No disrespect to those posters nor bands, but they simple wouldn't sell many as a pin.
    There has to be a large enough market to produce such titles. Personally I would love to see either a Pink Floyd or The Wall pin, but I don't think Stern couldn't move enough of those machines.
    I am kind of caught off guard by WrestleMania. I am sure if it were still the '80s or '90s they couldn't keep that machine in stock, but I think the window on that title has closed. Now it sounds like Stern is about to take another hit on Whoa Nellie due to pricing.
    Again, I am not knocking on you for enjoying that music or wrestling. I'm just being realistic about how many units can be sold and still make a profit.

#68 4 years ago

Something unoriginal and boring like the rest they make.

#69 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pins4me:

I am willing to bet its Kiss or Iron Maiden. I think those are 2 wise choices that will sell well.
    Now, having said there, I know there are people here just throwing out fun titles like Golden Girls etc, and those are funny, but there are also others asking for Led Zeppelin or Grateful Dead for example.
    No disrespect to those posters nor bands, but they simple wouldn't sell many as a pin.
    There has to be a large enough market to produce such titles.

I'll believe the next band theme when they officially announce it, but if you look at what they've done in the past it is old bands that are still active. Kiss or Iron Maiden fit that template, the others don't.

#70 4 years ago

A better question is how many unpopular games they can release before a good one comes out.

I think it's fairly safe to say wrestlemania and pricey funbags will be duds

#71 4 years ago

Wrestmania will sell better than some of you think. And no, I don't watch Wrestling.

BJM is a joint venture, and I think they are not expecting to sell thousands of them. It's more of a special project for Stern.

Stern's doing just fine. Everyone calm down and stop complaining.

#72 4 years ago

We'll see on wrestlemania. I thought it played like crap. I'd take royal rumble over it any day of the week

#73 4 years ago

I played wwe too and it was horrid.

The ring was beyond lame and a waste of space.

#74 4 years ago
    Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

I would like a Jurassic World.
    I would LOVE a Back to the Future 2015! (order one in a second)

A new Back to The Future pin would be amazing. Could you imagine if Stern announced it on October 21st of this year?

#75 4 years ago

If Stern released a new Back to the Future pin, it would be a definite buy for me.

October 21, 2015? Wouldn't that be great....I'm guessing we'll be seeing a KISS 40th Anniversary pin instead.

#76 4 years ago

What is a VE?

#77 4 years ago

VE: Vault Edition

#78 4 years ago

Keeping up with the Kardashians.

#79 4 years ago
    Quoted from Maken:

Kiss is up next.
    Terrible theme, easy pass. IMO

I agree.....

#80 4 years ago

If we're talking about bands who need their own pinball machine, I'd love to see a Foo Fighters one.

#81 4 years ago
    Quoted from woody24:

If we're talking about bands who need their own pinball machine, I'd love to see a Foo Fighters one.

Nah, they've done enough rock bands already. Time for a country-western singer to get one. I vote for George Strait.

#82 4 years ago

I want a Back to the Future pin on october 21 2015

throwback-thursday-bttf-rtr-0.png
    #83 4 years ago

I am w illi ng to bet its Kiss or Iron Maiden. I think those are 2 wise choices that will sell well.
    There has to be a large enough market to produce such titles. Personally I would love to see either a Pink Floyd or The Wall pin, but I don't think Stern couldn't move enough of those machines.
    I am kind of caught off guard by WrestleMania. I am sure if it were still the '80s or '90s they couldn't keep that machine in stock, but I think the window on that title has closed. Now it sounds like Stern is about to take another hit on Whoa Nellie due to pricing.
    Again, I am not knocking on you for enjoying that music or wrestling. I'm just being realistic about how many units can be sold and still make a profit.

They are making Kiss & Led Zeppelin. Zeppelin is a long ways out because they only get with a couple of the band members a couple times a year. All the other music themes are just rumors made up here on pinside. I wish Iron Maiden was for real because these two I just don't care about.

#84 4 years ago
    Quoted from ledge:

Keeping up with the Kardashians.

I would buy it if the goal was to slowly kill off the whole family, and then taking out Kanye was the wizard mode. I'm in for the LE.

#85 4 years ago
    Quoted from Breadfan:

They are making Kiss & Led Zeppelin. Zeppelin is a long ways out because they only get with a couple of the band members a couple times a year. All the other music themes are just rumors made up here on pinside. I wish Iron Maiden was for real because these two I just don't care about.

I agree I think Kiss and Iron Maiden would sell well even though they are not for me.
    I don't think Zeppelin would sell either as someone else mentioned already.
    If I were a betting man, I would say Kiss is next.
    Gene Simmons licenses everything including panties, so I couldn't see why not a pinball machine.

#86 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

I would buy it if the goal was to slowly kill off the whole family, and then taking out Kanye was the wizard mode. I'm in for the LE.

ha. but let me bone Kourt first. : P

#87 4 years ago
    Quoted from woody24:

This makes the absolute most sense. An actual relevant, hard rockin band

#88 4 years ago

Game of Thrones would be best timed if it were the next machine, with the next season airing soon. Which means it's likely not happening for a while.

#89 4 years ago

The next game is All in the Family feat. call-outs from Sally Struthers. The goal is to eat as many snacky smoores as possible and it has a slightly racist overtone to it, thanks to Archie Bunker. MSRP $6499.
    download (3).jpg

#90 4 years ago

question! why do people get so hung up on the next game?!? stern's track record is spotty at best. for every great game there are two or three turds. twd? mustang? st? met? Xmen? avengers? tron? acdc? BBH? TRS? what am I missing... for every great game you have a few that either have code that is wanting or worse yet is deemed a failure! I love nascar but I don't own the game because of the theme. conversely I love TRS but don't own a single CD of their music. I find it disconcerting that people have a fire sale to clear space for the newest game only to end up with transformers... or mustang... what am I missing?!?

#91 4 years ago
    Quoted from edwinpblue:

what am I missing?!?

A passion for new pinball.

#92 4 years ago
    Quoted from BdB:

VE: Vault Edition

Which is basically a re-release of a previously produced game, which is why people are speculating with LOTR and TRON. IM was recently released as a VE.

#93 4 years ago
    Quoted from edwinpblue:

I find it disconcerting that people have a fire sale to clear space for the newest game only to end up with Transformers... or mustang... what am I missing?!?

I haven't played all the games on your vent list, but I have put in some time on Mustang and it is really really fun. I'm sure there are some other good players in there as well.

Not a NIB owner, maybe some day.

#94 4 years ago

I want a kiss pinball next!

image.jpg image-596.jpg
    #95 4 years ago

Give me one of the following and I'm in: Ghostbusters, Star Wars, Led Zeppelin, or Super Mario Bros.

#96 4 years ago

GOT.

#97 4 years ago

It is Game of Thrones and it will ship in June.

#98 4 years ago
    Quoted from GibGirl:

Game of Thrones would be best timed if it were the next machine, with the next season airing soon.

Would this theme be too close to LOTR and Hobbit?

#99 4 years ago

I'd love back to the future but I'm 99% sure it's gonna be Jurassic World.

#100 4 years ago

Personally would like to see:

1. LOTR VE
    2. Movie title: GotG
    3. GoT
    4. Tron VE

Alas, I am always wrong.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 229.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    Flipper Parts
    TheDudeMods
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 5,800.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 179.99
    $ 17.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    BK Pinball
    $ 65.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    $ 229.99
    $ 5,899.99
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 64.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Lermods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 67.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 199.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 25.99
    Playfield - Other
    Lee's Parts
    There are 161 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside