Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Mfsrc791
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0848 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0847 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MK6PIN.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

( yes, a little bored before heading to the soccer fields, so came up with a couple topics):

It seems when I joined Pinside 4+ years ago, TZ was somewhat the king of polarity ( loved it or hated it). Over the past few years, there seem to be many titles that people don't get worked up about either way, but a few truly polarize the community. I believe we all love pinball in general, but curious which machine is currently viewed ( by you) as the most love/ hate title, and why?

This is not necessarily one that you in particular like or don't like, but more one that creates the greatest apps in opinion.

My most current guess would be WOZ ( I personally love the machine, but know quite a few that would never touch it). Same migh be said for AC/DC, GB, etc.

Which one do you think lives on " both sides of the fence?"

#8 7 years ago

Think this would be my current choice, as well

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from Thrillhouse:

I might recommend stopping in and catching up with the jpop/mg thread if yournlookimg for polarizing games.

Ouch!!!....true, but meant it in the gameplay sense, not the douchebag version. That whole thing just blows my mind....

#14 7 years ago

Hard to think of too many out of current models....seems pretty meh either way....did SMVE ever become a polarizer? Never read the threads, as I just like the original Stern I have, so didn't really notice.....

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Maybe a little. Team OG Spidey vs. Team Vault Spidey. But at the end of the day, there's a choice - so everyone can be happy ....and regardless of liking one over the other, it's still the same great game.

Makes sense....

#23 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Nope! I sleep great knowing I never have to be frustrated by its horribleness ever again. Yet you love this piece of shit and tout its virtue all day long. See? Polarizing.

Obviously, GB seems to fit the bill.....I've never actually played it, but there is certainly passion on both sides .

#24 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Batman. It pulls all players in and won't let go.

That's not polarizing...rather " magnetizing".....and agree, btw..

4 months later
    #29 6 years ago
    Quoted from jkleinnd:

For this to even be interesting, by polarizing you'd have to mean a game where there are a fairly equal number of lovers and haters (i.e. opposite poles.) So, that's a smaller group of games, and probably doesn't include TZ or MB or Dialed In, even. Probably GB, or maybe BSD, ... or even Tron sometimes gets hugely mixed but passionate reviews.

I think DI fits pretty good right now....

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from jkleinnd:

If by polarizing the OP doesn't mean polarizing but means "on the fence over" then, yeah, I'd agree.

Nope....."polarizing".....love it or hate it......

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from dgoett:

woz. some love it and others would like to see them stacked up in a giant pile and set on fire.

Great example...I love it, btw...

#39 6 years ago
    Quoted from mystman12:

I would have thought it was The Hobbit. I'll be honest I've never really enjoyed any of my time playing that game, but I know lots of people love it... but then again I feel like I've heard lots of other people besides me hate it.

True....it's been seen more in the " best JJP" thread. Think most newer pins have their share of lovers and haters, for whatever reason. IDK if Hobbit is polarizing, but could be in the discussion.

I'm thinking long haul, DI will have the greatest polarizing effect amongst pinsiders ( fitting to my original comparison of TZ...a game I truly enjoy)

#41 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

If by polarizing you mean one's brain trying to override the need to spend near $10,000 on some of the turds that have come out lately, the probably most of them.

Too funny!!! No, I've got other terms for that....won't share, as I've been guilty of a few myself...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MK6PIN.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-the-most-polarizing-title-out-there-now?tu=MK6PIN and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.