(Topic ID: 40579)

whats the most distance any you have driven to look at or pick up a pin.

By lladnip

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 76 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by bub2010
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 11 years ago

I think I've said that before.

#52 11 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

I don't mean to be an "old" RGP person. But it is so funny how day after day the same threads are here that use to come up on RGP. How far have you driven, what have you found inside, what can you fit... I realize the difference with the new crowd, but there are more similar things than differences (if you drop the mods)

greetings, sorry if im beating a dead horse on the rgp. im not on that site and i only brought it up due the fact i droped everything and had going on to drive 600plus each way to denver last weekend to pick up a pin i won on ebay. meanwhile now im back to restoring the playfeild i was working on befor i left waiting for the clear to dry- and i thought am i the only one that dont want to deal logistics & shippers but drives part of the country at not the best time of year for something they enjoy.

and if someone is doing a playfeild touchup thred at the rgp- i am sorry for that too.

#53 11 years ago
    Quoted from lladnip:

greetings, sorry if im beating a dead horse on the rgp. im not on that site and i only brought it up due the fact i droped everything and had to drive 600plus each way to denver last weekend to pick up a pin i won on ebay. meanwhile now im back to restoring the playfeild i was working on befor i left waiting for the clear to dry- and i thought am i the only one that dont want to deal logistics & shippers but drives part of the country at not the best time of year for something they enjoy.

and if someone is doing a playfeild touchup thred at the rgp- i am sorry for that too.

Don't apologize for using a forum for it's intended purpose. If everybody just searched for their answers, we'd have zero to bandy about. 90% of what goes on here is just time wasting chatter and I like it.

#54 11 years ago
    Quoted from lladnip:

greetings, sorry if im beating a dead horse on the rgp. im not on that site and i only brought it up due the fact i droped everything and had going on to drive 600plus each way to denver last weekend to pick up a pin i won on ebay. meanwhile now im back to restoring the playfeild i was working on befor i left waiting for the clear to dry- and i thought am i the only one that dont want to deal logistics & shippers but drives part of the country at not the best time of year for something they enjoy.

Hmmm, I wonder where the "beating the dead horse come from"?

I was saying in my post how it is funny more things are similar then different. Funny how that is taken out of context. Read again.

#55 11 years ago

"beating a dead horse" i take it as addressing an allready finished issue - , i only state i did not read the rpg thread and know it was all ready covered.

#56 11 years ago
    Quoted from lladnip:

"beating a dead horse" i take it as addressing an allready finished issue

Let's turn this topic into semantics I thought beating a dead horse meat trying to make somethimng happen that has no chance of happening... i.e. wasting your time and effort, because the thing you're trying to get to do what you want... is dead...

#58 11 years ago

last year I went to flint to pick up a nearly huo jp for my son. 7 hours one way. Condition was better than described.

Long freaking day!

#59 11 years ago
    Quoted from Tmezel:

TOTAN 500 feet and SWT less than a mile.

awsome! wish i could be so lucky just once.

#60 11 years ago

MMMMMmmmmm!!!

6 1/2 hours one way, and I decided I'm not going any further. That's what NAVL is for.

#61 11 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

I realize the difference with the new crowd, but there are more similar things than differences (if you drop the mods)

One small difference that I, for one, refuse to live without.

~500 miles round trip. Dallas to Tulsa OK. Doctor Who. Left work at 4:30pm, Left dallas about 6:30pm. Got home around 1:30am and was back at work at 8 AM.

#62 11 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

MMMMMmmmmm!!!
    6 1/2 hours one way, and I decided I'm not going any further. That's what NAVL is for.

interesting so you think thats where the 6 one way half dozen the other point is at. i have never used navl are they pretty good? this last trip was better than 9 and i must admit i though about navl a time or too.

#63 11 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

One small difference that I, for one, refuse to live without.
    ~500 miles round trip. Dallas to Tulsa OK. Doctor Who. Left work at 4:30pm, Left dallas about 6:30pm. Got home around 1:30am and was back at work at 8 AM.

did you have time to get a game or 2 in?

#64 11 years ago
    Quoted from lladnip:

did you have time to get a game or 2 in?

It wasn't cooperating when I picked it up. Connector had come loose in the head, no DMD display, no 12v/20v. No controlled lamps at all. Boards were booting, battery holder had extremely minor leak corrosion on it, no corrosion on MPU at all. Time Expander was taped down to the playfield. 1 string of GI was out. Everything's been fixed on the boards, remote battery holder installed, rebuilt the motor gearbox to get the Expander moving again, installed LEDs for the inserts and some GI, replaced trim pieces, etc etc... I'm going to be done cleaning and reassembling everything today or tomorrow.

We put maybe 40 games or so on it with the Expander in the fully up position just to have some fun with it before I broke it down. Have had it about two and a half weeks.

#65 11 years ago

100 miles

#66 11 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

horse meat

MMMMMmmmmm!!!

Freudian slip...

#67 11 years ago

Depends, does it count if I got a pinball machine I wasn't intending to get when I left?

If so, 800 miles round trip.

If we are talking dedicated pinball purchase trip from the get go, then 500 miles round trip.

#68 11 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

Don't apologize for using a forum for it's intended purpose. If everybody just searched for their answers, we'd have zero to bandy about. 90% of what goes on here is just time wasting chatter and I like it.

I couldn't agree more. This is what makes pinside so unique. Reading stories and experiences that people can relate about the hobby. Informative and entertaining.

#69 11 years ago

Not sure if this counts but While visiting family in St Louis I arranged a deal through Craigslist to buy an EM Machine. Our family drove back home later in the week through the night to the D.C. area (15 hour drive). We got home about noon, then with no sleep I drove another 3 hour round trip to pick up the machine on the other side of DC. I was pretty tired...LOL

#70 11 years ago

Beat my old record this past weekend. My new high is 1250+ miles round trip.

#71 11 years ago

7 hours 1 way for my Avatar pro. Columbus, OH to Rockford, IL. That being said that was a mid-way point where I picked up the machine from the seller's friend. The machine CAME FROM Minnesota. (tony middledorf) so... The machine itself traveled about 12 hours from where it was originally. Don't think I'd go that far again unless it was for something like a 4-5k TRON LE or ACDC LE.

#72 11 years ago
    Quoted from bub2010:

7 hours 1 way for my Avatar pro. Columbus, OH to Rockford, IL. That being said that was a mid-way point where I picked up the machine from the seller's friend. The machine CAME FROM Minnesota. (tony middledorf) so... The machine itself traveled about 12 hours from where it was originally. Don't think I'd go that far again unless it was for something like a 4-5k TRON LE or ACDC LE.

ya- think that tells you how bad you wantted it- if you want it your make it happen

#73 11 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

1300 mile round trip to get an MM a few years ago

But for that game it would be so worth it! -aaron

#74 11 years ago

500 miles round trip. That's just about my limit.

#75 11 years ago

I've made several trips in the 2,000 plus range but I usually make it more interesting by picking up one or two pins and dropping off one or two along the way. No big deal. My van holds 4 pins. I have met some real nice people along the way and have some fond memories from those road trips.

I guess road trips don't appeal to everyone as evidenced by other posts in this thread.

#76 11 years ago

Roc-noc.... You are Tom right? If so you are the one I met up with to pickup Avatar.

There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-the-most-distance-any-you-have-driven-to-look-at-or-pick-up-a-pin/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.