(Topic ID: 202310)

Whats the most amount of pinballs you've had on a breaker?

By Robertstone0407

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by vid1900
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

So im about to get my next pinball and that'll put 8 machines plus a multicade which is just a PC all on the same circuit

#2 1 year ago

Your at your limit on standard 15 amp 20 amp circuit.

#3 1 year ago

Plenty of threads about circuit requirements. It's not the number of pins that's key, it's the power draw.

You don't say what your circuits are rated for, but you're pressing your luck. I designed my gameroom to have 5 pins on a 20 amp circuit. That's a bit conservative, but most of my games have non-LED lighting and draw more power than modern games. Whether the games are being played will make a difference too.

#4 1 year ago

I think I'm gonna run another circuit. They are all williams games, all leds

#5 1 year ago

Try it! If it works there is nothing lost. If it trips the breaker you will need to add another circuit. Nothing is going to burn down or anything as long as your wire is sized correctly.

#6 1 year ago

I read a thread on here awhile back that the general rule of thumb was 5 amps per pin and 3 amps per cab. So a 20 amp breaker could handle either 4 pins or 6 cabs safely. That's what I have been working with and so far so good :^)

#7 1 year ago

You can have unlimited number of pins on one breaker.....as long as you only turn on 4 of them at any one time.

#8 1 year ago

Yep lots of threads on this. Figure about 2.5A per pin. An 80% rated 20A breaker will handle 16A so 6.4 pins per circuit. That said, I've put 8 on one 20A circuit and after running a clamp-on ammeter it showed right at 16A. I decided to split the games up 'cause I knew there would be issues if all played at once.

#9 1 year ago

Good info.

#10 1 year ago

HOW MANY GAMES ON A SINGLE CIRCUIT BREAKER?

===========================================

By now you have probably heard that commercial arcades put 6 pinball machines on each 20A circuit.

How did they come up with that formula?

The National Electric Code wants circuit breakers to see 80% of their rated load. So for a 20A breaker, the ideal number is 16 amps.

Most pinball machines draw about 1.6 to 2 amps peak.

Some pinball machines with a ton of lamps may even draw 2.4 amps.

If you take any random 6 pinball machines at an arcade and measure their amperage draw at the breaker panel, you see that each breaker is seeing ~13 amps. Well under our 16 amp goal.

In your home, where you don't have to worry about employees moving games around and messing up your breaker loads, if you measured a 13 amp draw on a circuit, you could safely add one additional game and still be under your 16 amp target.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-line-cords-plugs-wall-sockets-vids-guide

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 209.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 10.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 40.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 58.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D MODS
    $ 93.00
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 14.95
    $ 40.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    £ 32.00
    $ 46.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 495.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 45.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 149.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside