(Topic ID: 77541)

What's the longest drive you made to buy a pinball?

By Choggard

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 93 posts
  • 79 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by pinzrfun
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ud front.JPG
    UD crate.JPG
    100_6141.JPG
    SooGames2_100_6146.jpg
    32443_126114164083113_8114287_n.jpg
    DSCN0225.JPG
    There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 years ago

Thinking about jumping in my truck and driving 12-14hrs round trip to go get a pinball..

#2 10 years ago

6 hours 1 way. will not do that again...

#3 10 years ago

14 round trip. Not a bad drive. The worst part was I ate at a dennys on the way home.

#4 10 years ago

I had a pin for sale awhile back and got a call pretty quickly from a buyer who was very interested. After answering some questions and sending him some photos we agreed on a price and he asked if he could send a shipper to pick it up. He then called back and said his in-laws lived about 20 miles from me and that they would get it and he would pick it up from them the next time he went to visit. I received a call from him the following day and he told me he decided to come pick it up himself the following week end as he could not wait to have it.

I live in southern California
    He lives in Canada
    1300 miles each way!

The pin he had to have:1973 Williams Gulfstream

by the way I asked him if he planned on visiting his in-laws while he was in town and he answered no

#5 10 years ago

17 hour round trip for my TZ (never again)

#6 10 years ago

I drove 1467 miles round trip from San Antonio to northern Arkansas to trade a pin. Left on a Friday night with my daughter and got home Sunday afternoon. 42 hours round trip. Spent one night with my sister and the other with my cousin. It was good father daughter time and she saw the Ozarks in the fall for the first time.

#7 10 years ago

As far north as northern New Jersey and as far south as central Florida. That's a lot of territory.

#8 10 years ago

Hey,

I did...about 1500 miles round trip for my TSPP? That was a dedicated trip just for the game. Regina, Saskatchewan, to one of the Eastern suburbs of Minneapolis. Same trip for Black Knight and PinBot, but I was there anyhow visiting family. 1100 miles round trip for my LotR LE.

Luke

#9 10 years ago

4 hours to Cincy. I would do it again for the right machine.

#10 10 years ago

16 hour rd trip 3 games picked up on route

#12 10 years ago

i've done 32 hours round trip before. That was the longest without stopping to sleep.

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

I had a pin for sale awhile back and got a call pretty quickly from a buyer who was very interested. After answering some questions and sending him some photos we agreed on a price and he asked if he could send a shipper to pick it up. He then called back and said his in-laws lived about 20 miles from me and that they would get it and he would pick it up from them the next time he went to visit. I received a call from him the following day and he told me he decided to come pick it up himself the following week end as he could not wait to have it.
    He lives in Canada
    1300 miles each way!
    by the way I asked him if he planned on visiting his in-laws while he was in town and he answered no

I seriously laughed until my eyes watered - that is a great story. He must really like his in laws. Good stuff!

#14 10 years ago

3 hours is pretty much tops for me after that I hire a shipper. Some of these stories are just insane!

#15 10 years ago

3 hours? that's it? I drive 10 hours each way just for tournaments.

#16 10 years ago

Sheridan, WY to Colorado Springs, CO in one winter day. There was a heavy wet snow most of the way down. I kept saying to myself: "I should turn around, but I've made it this far already".

15+ hours in one day for a Scared Stiff. Happy I did, but never again.

#17 10 years ago

5 1/2 hours each way. Hard to justify it but it made for a nice roadtrip with a good friend.

#18 10 years ago

9 hours projected round trip, but that turned into 12 hours after I got rear ended 45 minutes from home with the pin still in my car.

#19 10 years ago

Drove 9.5hrs 1 way from syracuse to columbus ohio, to deliver a ToM i sold.. the buyers pin hauler shit the tranny, so i did it to help him out...which got me into another game i wanted with the proceeds... bout 21-22hrs round trip.. i was tired when done..

Then 3 days later back on the road again from Syr, to the middle of CT to drop off a Whirlwind in trade for a Gottlieb Bighouse, got a pile of cash too, good deal for me as that was on my short list, (but we arent done yet )

Then from that deal, in CT headed straight to the tip of Long iIsland to pick up a HUO Capcom Airborne, (The reason for brooming the ToM)...

Fitting the 2 pins in my Tahoe, didnt quite work as i planned, but i got'er done...

That trip started at 5AM, and ended up back at my housearoud 6:30-7 Am the next day, and that was without staying over..

About 26hrs total messing around..

Traffic was HORRIFIC, andtime consuming, and i didnt take the ferry cause i didnt know about it, and i think i was too late for that anyway...

And keep in mind this is mostly load and go, no playing pins for an hour or so...

I was real glad to get out of that truck... and i did load my pins in the house before i went to bed, and i have stairs to deal with...

I must be out of my F'ing mind !

But i'd do it again for the right deal

#20 10 years ago

Did a 7:40 trip (each way) to get two pins, but the seller put me up in his guest house for the night. Good guy on the bash.

#21 10 years ago

1700 miles round trip for a Time Machine.

My wife drove about 26 hours round trip for Haunted House, though it coincided with taking our daughter to camp.

#22 10 years ago

4 hours each way so 8 total. Would go farther for the right game and deal though

#23 10 years ago

Drove 8 hours each way to St. Louis for a $2,900 STTNG in april 2012. Would do it again for a
    pin at that price in the condition it was in. Contemplating a 20 hour round trip now. ooof, maybe I'll just ship it.

#24 10 years ago

Five hours, round trip, to pick up my first game, Baywatch , from northern..ish Utah.

#25 10 years ago

2 and half hours for Jurassic Park.

#26 10 years ago

Melbourne to Sydney, 9 hours each way, for lord of the rings, that's my grail, so no regrets...

#27 10 years ago

20 hrs round trip for a HUO SM. I love road trips and like to drive.

#28 10 years ago

about 1000 miles to get HUO SM in southern LA.

#29 10 years ago

I drove 29 hours roundtrip for WH20. Awesome game. I would do it again.

#30 10 years ago

19 hours. Non-stop. The trick ladies and gentleman... sunflower seeds. Remember this. It is physically impossible to fall asleep while eating sunflower seeds. Forget coffee... forget energy drinks.

Sunflower seeds! Now ya know.

#31 10 years ago

12-14 hours is a nice "starter" trip. I did a Detroit to San Diego run for a pair of Bally games.

#32 10 years ago

6.5 hours round trip. I'd do more, no problem.

Once drove from Charlotte NC to Northern NJ overnight to get home after my flight was cancelled. I was up for 27 hrs straight by the time I got home.

F***k you, US Air.

#33 10 years ago

10 hrs. Was a long drive, but definitely worth it.

#34 10 years ago

3-4 hours each way. After that, for @ $300-$400 to deliver almost anywhere with U-ship, is a no brainer. What I'm hearing is crazy. But then again, this hobby makes you that way!

#35 10 years ago

10+ hours round trip (NY to DC) for my first pin... TAF. That was 12 years ago. I think 7 hours round trip is about most I would do now.

#36 10 years ago

ive done a half day trip up to santa Barbra, maybe a 400 miles total trip but had to get through LA traffic 2 times and that just ain't pretty

#37 10 years ago

24 hr 1000 mi round trip to get my very first game...IJ. NH to outside of DC but had awful bumper to bumper traffic on the beltway, then again on the NJ Turnpike. No regrets getting it as its still in the collection 14 years later

Runners up are 850 miles for a SM (Buffalo) and 700 for a TAF (Montreal)

#38 10 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

He lives in Canada
    1300 miles each way!

He must have been pissed at his in laws or something.. Lol

#39 10 years ago

8 hours each way to buy a SM for his first owner. Super nice guy and even let me spend the night. Totally worth it!

#40 10 years ago

From Houston to Austin - about 6 hours round trip. ...not as long as some of you guys though - wow.

#41 10 years ago

Dayton to Chicago for TFTC. Started the the drive at somewhere around 9:30am - got home at 5:30am. Why did it take me nearly 20 hours to make the trip? Well, long story short, I was picking up a DM for the seller of TFTC, and that DM was way, way, way.........way out in BFE of Indianapolis. Like, it was so far out there that the seller of DM had a literal creek of water less than 100 ft from the foundation of his house - all roads were red dirt, and 7+1 in the chamber wouldn't have been heard by a single soul out that far.

Seller of DM was a pretty awesome guy though - had a Marilyn Taxi sitting right next to it. Played both a bit, loaded up DM, drove to Chicago, dropped off DM, hung out with John at his place for a while. His family and he were extremely nice, and we had a great time talking pin, shop, and life. Loaded TFTC up at 2300, and off I went back to Dayton, OH.

So yeah, some of the trip was simply BSing around, talking shop, having a good time. Definitely would have been nice to had a passenger in the van that day though =/....

#42 10 years ago

Drove 24 hours round trip, Michigan to North Carolina and back to pick up a Safecracker. Then 16 hours round trip from Michigan to Pennsylvania to get a Whitewater. Latest was 12 hours round trip, Michigan to southern Indiana, to pick up a Meteor.

#43 10 years ago

picked up a nice TSPP

7 1/2 hours each way...somewhere SE of Erie Penn.

#44 10 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

12-14 hours is a nice "starter" trip. I did a Detroit to San Diego run for a pair of Bally games.

You Da Man! You Da Man!
    I now declare you the winner! Do you have any details about the pins you got? Rare or unusual?? Conditions? Free???

#45 10 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

He lives in Canada
    1300 miles each way!

Ha-hahaha!!! Still laughing about this one.

Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    www.ElephantEater.com

#46 10 years ago
    Quoted from BigB:

You Da Man! You Da Man!
    I now declare you the winner! Do you have any details about the pins you got? Rare or unusual?? Conditions? Free???

Would be interested in these details as well.

Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    http://www.ElephantEater.com

#47 10 years ago

I drove 350 miles to sell one pin in Pennsylvania, then another 350 miles to buy a Pinbot in New Jersey...then turned around and brought it back to Detroit! I'd do it again for the right deal, no problem. Living on the road for a few years has changed my idea of what a "long drive" is.

Quoted from Pauz21:

19 hours. Non-stop. The trick ladies and gentleman... sunflower seeds. Remember this. It is physically impossible to fall asleep while eating sunflower seeds. Forget coffee... forget energy drinks.
    Sunflower seeds! Now ya know.

I will keep a bag of sunflower seeds in my car for the next road trip!

#48 10 years ago

5+ hours one way, Delaware to West Virginia and back. I have driven further to get pussy.
    ... and I would do it again for the right a$$, I mean pin.

#49 10 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Detroit to San Diego.. Lol that's crazy! What machines did you get?

#50 10 years ago

Near 1200 mile round trip for an MM only stopped for gas... It was a hell of a trip

There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-the-longest-drive-you-made-to-buy-a-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.