(Topic ID: 213174)

What's the last game with drops you have to hit in order?

By westofrome

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by zacaj
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

Feels like you never see this feature anymore, and it's one of my favorites, makes things really challenging. Why did this go away?

#2 6 years ago

Drops barely even exist now, especially ones you actually aim for. Can't aim for one if you avoid hitting any.

That said... Laser Cue had this? Extra fun because it actually resets a prior target if you hit the wrong one.
    I'm sure there's some Gottlieb System 80b that does it though...

#3 6 years ago

There's a ton of drops in the Hobbit that have to be made in order.

I'd guess you meant in-line targets, where you have to hit one to reveal the next? That would be things like Eight Ball Deluxe, Metallica, Wheel of Fortune, etc.

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from GaryMartin:

There's a ton of drops in the Hobbit that have to be made in order.
    I'd guess you meant in-line targets, where you have to hit one to reveal the next? That would be things like Eight Ball Deluxe, Metallica, Wheel of Fortune, etc.

What do you mean by 'in order' on Hobbit?

#5 6 years ago

I mean in order like on Laser Cue or Centaur, meaning you have to hit drop 1 before drop 2 in a bank or they 1) reset the ones hit out of order or 2) don't award as much for completing the bank

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

What do you mean by 'in order' on Hobbit?

I think there's no true sequential drop target mode in Hobbit, where you'd have to hit 1 followed by 2 followed by 3 etc. which is what Fathom has.

In TH There are some cool modes where drop targets move and you have to hit them. All the drop targets fall but a single one will move every 1.5 seconds down the line. There is also a mode where all the drop targets are up except for two of them which creates a gap. This gap then moves around and has to be hit! Both the wandering single target and the wandering gap are unique ways to use drop targets that I've never seen in another game.

#7 6 years ago

Dredd has this to enable locks. Is that like what you’re referring to?

#8 6 years ago

Sega Batman Forever ?

John

#10 6 years ago

Stern Nine Ball
    Black Hole

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Sega Batman Forever ?
    John

did BM come before or after Stargate?

That has 5 drops to hit in order for 5, 10, 20, 40, and 80 mil. Can only hit one at a time in sequence for it to count.

#12 6 years ago

countdown is one, but probably other ones newer have it too

#13 6 years ago

Not drops, but Houdini gives you a super jackpot if you got the seance targets in order during seance multiball

#14 6 years ago

Barracora but again that's 1981

#15 6 years ago

Does WPT have a mode where drops have to be hit in order?

#16 6 years ago

Not the last but Pool Sharks has it in 9 ball mode. 1990 aint bad

#17 6 years ago

Sega BF had those damn C-A-V-E targets you have to hit in order, and you can't ever hit the damn 'C'.

#18 6 years ago

Vector

#19 6 years ago

Cue Ball Wizard has it in 9 Ball mode only... hit them in order, and the last shot is worth 1 billion points.

#20 6 years ago

Stargate drops must be hit in order to earn the next point value. Any drop done out of order and you have to clear the bank to reset the order again.

#21 6 years ago

F2k, not the last by far at 1980, but I love it.

#22 6 years ago

Alien has it. It's pretty cool.

#23 6 years ago

Williams Scorpion has the same drop target setup as Lasercue.

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Williams Scorpion has the same drop target setup as Lasercue.

Not individually resettable though?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-the-last-game-with-drops-you-have-to-hit-in-order and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.