Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by djh00000
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

D2B4289C-1F93-4033-AECD-A8854F26C6DB (resized).jpeg
011.JPG

#1 1 year ago

I've been on the list for a Banzai run playfield for a while now. It doesn't look like we are ever gonna get one unless a miracle happens. Has anyone heard any news on what's happening? The way its looking I may get rid of the game before the playfields come available.

#2 1 year ago

I would love to know, been on the list 6 years now.
Have started refurbishing - fitting insert decals, replacing the plastics etc.
Going to fit a playfield protector to fix the raised and cupped inserts.
Too long to wait for a new playfield and will look and play almost as good after this work.

#3 1 year ago

Post a review on yelp. That will be sure to light a fire under their ass.

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

Post a review on yelp. That will be sure to light a fire under their ass

That's a thought!

#5 1 year ago

Well ? When you get the playfield just plan on shipping it out to Ron Kruzman to redo it ! My EBD looked like the clear was put on with a broom but I,m still thankful
I got it

#6 1 year ago

Like other vendors that used to post here regularly they got tired of getting flamed when they are trying their best to offer stuff not available. They are slow at rolling stuff out and do it at their pace. It is what it is. It’s a niche market and I imagine they do the best they can to ensure they can at least make a little profit to roll out the next project. Not as easy to produce playfields as we might think.

Would be nice to hear from them or some of the artists from time to time to really know what is coming and when it may be available.

#7 1 year ago

I don't have much art support on my end. CPR is now doing Star Gazer, & Seawitch playfields sometime soon? Maybe Sorcerer playfields this year that I restored for years. Don't worry the hardtop guys are hard at work to take a huge chunk of the market. I have no idea what is going on with the Mirco & CPR playfield wars, that has me thrown under the bus (CPR & maybe Mirco wants to do the same titles?). I wonder how much demand for Star Gazer playfields after I sold 75, & now working on Seawitch the next 6 months.

#8 1 year ago

I appreciate what they do and what they offer but 5 plus years on a playfield is a long time. Just curious if there is a possible time line. My playfield Mylar is so bad that I need to do something.

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from whitey:

Well ? When you get the playfield just plan on shipping it out to Ron Kruzman to redo it ! My EBD looked like the clear was put on with a broom but I,m still thankful
I got it

I restore and clear coat playfields, check out my ad! This NOS EBD came out spectacular!

011.JPG

#10 1 year ago

Heck I remember signing up on the BR list back when Gene Cunningham first acquired all the parts and talked at Expo that year about doing playfields. I signed up on that list what, 18 years ago...? So it should be anytime now I would think....ha ha.

John

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

I have no idea what is going on with the Mirco & CPR playfield wars, that has me thrown under the bus (CPR & maybe Mirco wants to do the same titles?)

5-6 years waiting list is a joke, even without any deposit.
When Mirco announced TAF repro, suddenly CPR accelerated the process. No wonder why. Then what we can see? Gold pf's with strange issues. Competition is good. At least everyone has a motivation to supply in reasonable time.
Finally they are doing this for profit.

#12 1 year ago

I’ve talked to several well known restorers about Banzai Run. It and several games of that era are known for having some quality issues. They claim it (paraphrasing) won’t tolerate the process due to an issue around the insterts.

I’ve been on the BR waiting list since 2013. No production seems to be in sight. I can only assume it’s a small list of buyers and they need a certain number to make it profitable.

My old BR is rough, but plays fantastic. So no worries here. Reminds me of an old, trusted dirt bike! Here’s my son helping me clean it up.

D2B4289C-1F93-4033-AECD-A8854F26C6DB (resized).jpeg

2 months later
#13 1 year ago

Just noticed that cpr has the Banzai run playfield in the process of cnc cutting and installing inserts. May get one before I thought

1 month later
#14 1 year ago

My hope is that the plastic set and backglass will be available as well.

#15 1 year ago
Quoted from GKW:

My hope is that the plastic set and backglass will be available as well.

I hope this also. I would really like for cpr to make the upper playfield also.

#16 1 year ago

I wish they were making the upper playfield along with the main at the same time. At this point I don't think the upper will ever be made.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1,200.00
$ 279.95
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 149.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bensenville, IL
$ 1,400.00
$ 114.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 229.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
$ 45.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 399.95
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside