You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6661 (resized).JPG
IMG_6659 (resized).JPG
#1 4 years ago

I’m looking to add a Slugfest to my pin lineup. It’s a game i really enjoy. I wanted to ask the community what a fair price is. For example, I’ve seen on a local Craigslist a Slugfest where the guy wants 2100. It doesn’t have the topper nor the card dispenser. So what would be a fair price for a Slugfest in decent playing condition. Thanks everyone.

#2 4 years ago

I sold a decent 100% working one with topper and card mech for $1350. It had a few dings, a little surface rust, and a little cabinet fade but no hacks. I spotted someone in the next state who posted that they just missed a deal on one, told them about mine, and sold it fast.

#3 4 years ago

So would you say 12-1350 with topper and card mech? How about if they don’t have it?

#4 4 years ago

Mine sold fast at 1350. Hard to find them that cheep working and clean. Maybe 100 less without the topper and card mech.

#5 4 years ago

I’ve been looking to get one and am hoping to find one soon. But this helps so I know what to offer. Thanks fellows!

#6 4 years ago

Its all about condition....somewhere between $1200-$2500.....some actually have a color dmd installed, working card mechs, and are in great working condition....

#7 4 years ago

Around $1500

#8 4 years ago

Coz, is that 1500 with topper and card dispenser?

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

Coz, is that 1500 with topper and card dispenser?

I think mine was $1500 with card dispenser but no topper.

#10 4 years ago

This guy in Naperville wants 2100 with no topper and a non functioning card dispenser. That’s why I thought I’d ask the props. Thanks everyone.

#11 4 years ago

If I was a betting man it’s going to keep going up. Easily the top 5 games played at my house by family and friends. $1300 for a working WPC game that has location value is NUTS in 2019

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from DK:

If I was a betting man it’s going to keep going up. Easily the top 5 games played at my house by family and friends. $1300 for a working WPC game that has location value is NUTS in 2019

My slugfest is on location. Makes a little money

#13 4 years ago

Someone sell me one! Before I go out and buy the valley “ghoul” version lol.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

My slugfest is on location. Makes a little money

Mine does more than a little money. Incorporate drinking games with it. It works

#15 4 years ago

Around $1500 seems to be the magic number, give or take a few hundred depending on condition and what's missing/present. $1500-$1700 seems to move at some point, but it may sit for a bit. Below that, and it tends to move pretty quickly.

$2k+ is way too high for an average example missing stuff.

#16 4 years ago

A repro topper is cheap. Nobody is altering price because it's missing.
For many, the card dispenser is pointless, so someone may not knock a whole lot off for that either.
I valued mine at $1950, no topper, little to no fade, new overlay, all leds. No idea if the dispenser worked, the bat was rebuilt by me.

It landed up going In a trade deal with another pin, but I had more interest in it than any other machine I've ever listed. There was a serious amount of trade offers.
If my kids were older I would have kept it, but it is no fun single player.
There isn't many of them, so you may not have a ton of options for price.
If it looks and plays right, $1500-$2000.

Never even made an ad, simply mentioning it once in the northeast for sale section generated plenty of interest.

#17 4 years ago

one sold at auction recent for $1100. you could bid online or in person.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

one sold at auction recent for $1100. you could bid online or in person.

Keep in mind that those online auctions usually carry a buyer's premium of around 23-28%

So, the full/final price would have been somewhere around $1353-$1408.

Additionally, most auction games (especially when not in a coinop auction) are usually projects to varying degrees, so they wouldn't fetch as much as a fully working & shopped game.

#19 4 years ago

Most if not all of these games were on location (and thus beat up) so value really is a function of condition. I looked for months to find one that was in decent shape as most were beat to shit. That being said its a pretty easy game to work on and maintain although parts are not easy to find, and fixing these games adds up pretty quickly. I paid $1600 for mine (it had LED's, good boards, original topper, working card dispenser), and then spent about $700 in upgrades to get the game in perfect working order. I added new red trim (cheap), card chute (not easy to find), bat mech, new bat, flipper mech, balls, new CPO (hard to find), and a color DMD (which is awesome and a big upgrade)....If I spent the $250 for new decals my machine would look almost new, but its a total pain in the ass. My guess is I'd have a good chance to get my $ back if I decided to sell the game.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

This guy in Naperville wants 2100 with no topper and a non functioning card dispenser. That’s why I thought I’d ask the props. Thanks everyone.

Same as any other game...the more you pay, the nicer it should look. Do you have any pictures of it?

#21 4 years ago

anyone have a panel overlay for these ?

#22 4 years ago

Looking to sell mine but a bit of a hike from you. All new LED's, new CPO, T-moulding,new legs, card dispenser works with two card chutes(one blue one black) lots of extra vintage baseball cards. PM for details

#23 4 years ago

Just bought one with original topper and card dispenser. I’d like to update the CPO, who sells a reproduction? Also, thanks for all the advice. I spent 1500 on it.

#24 4 years ago

Planetary had the cpo last time i checked.
And a guy in the slugfest post makes people card chutes.

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

Just bought one with original topper and card dispenser. I’d like to update the CPO, who sells a reproduction? Also, thanks for all the advice. I spent 1500 on it.

Planetary is out of the CPO (they have been for over a year)....I would suggest asking them when they might print some up...the CPO isn't easy to find (unfortunately)

#26 4 years ago

How hard is it to put LED’s in? And can you change the baseball cards in the display? I’d like to feature The Chicago Cubs.

#27 4 years ago

Mike has some slugfest cpos- I can pm your his number

#28 4 years ago

I’d appreciate that Coz

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

How hard is it to put LED’s in? And can you change the baseball cards in the display? I’d like to feature The Chicago Cubs.

It's easy to LED. I found that adding a few frosted white LED to the GI above the bat was useful to make the pitch easy to see, and skipped the rest. The inserts look fine with incandescent bulbs, except for the 4 blue ones. I installed 4 blue LEDs for those.

Changing out the cards on display in the back box takes a fair amount of disassembly.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

if your used to working on pinball machines anything on slugfest is pretty easy....changing the cards in the display is easy it just takes some disassembly....LED's are a piece of cake....

#31 4 years ago

Edit

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Whats a CPO?, its killing me. Cant think of it.

Control Panel Overlay. I have 2 NOS ones on my shelf. Anyone?

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from gnome:

PM sent

#34 4 years ago

I have a box of nos parts also (small parts) I'll post in classified list?

#35 4 years ago

Well, since were going there.
I have the NOS plastic set. 2 apron pieces, fence, crowd. The other 3 to.
I can make someone a good deal.
I will pull it out and make an ad to.

Quoted from gnome:

Wish you had these 2 years ago when i was looking for the CPO. Game gone now.

#36 4 years ago

In reply to all the messages. The overlay has a clear 'spray' of something medium shiny. Maybe residue from the protective film? I am attempting to show it
IMG_6659 (resized).JPGIMG_6659 (resized).JPGIMG_6661 (resized).JPGIMG_6661 (resized).JPG I can try to wax it off?

#37 4 years ago

Well since it seems people in this thread say they have some spare parts. Does anyone have the plastic piece just on the inside of the cabinet in front of the apron? Preferably with the sticker on it? My plastic has apparently melted at some point (don't remember if it was like that when I got it. It's been in storage awhile.) Posting a picture of it from IPDB.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
1 week later
#38 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Keep in mind that those online auctions usually carry a buyer's premium of around 23-28%
So, the full/final price would have been somewhere around $1353-$1408.
Additionally, most auction games (especially when not in a coinop auction) are usually projects to varying degrees, so they wouldn't fetch as much as a fully working & shopped game.

thats was all in with fees and it worked, i saw it in person.

#39 4 years ago

I should have a couple over lays. Let me look and see. I believe they are originals.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wantagh, NY
$ 40.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 22.50
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-the-going-rate-on-a-slugfest?hl=pinball_ric and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.