• Latest reply 7 years ago by Chisox
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
Screen_Shot_2016-05-10_at_5.13.35_PM_(resized).png
jack-ziegler-grandpa-complains-that-back-in-my-day-you-could-buy-a-brand-new-cadilla-new-yorker-cartoon_(resized).jpg

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

Called a few places and have prices gone up? Nib Twd pro shipped for $4900! Anyone have a better source?

#2 7 years ago

Sounds about right to me.

#3 7 years ago

After ghostbusters they raised their prices...again

#4 7 years ago

Oh man that's pretty lame! Thought they use to be around $4600.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from vintage4life:

Well it's helping you on the secondary market if you want to sell it

#6 7 years ago

They were. I believe pros are all 4900 now and premiums are all about 6700.

#7 7 years ago

Prices haven't really went up but instead all distros were told by stern to sell for the same price.

#8 7 years ago

heard the same , a shame if you buy a lot of games and get a few bills off from your distributor why not , completely stupid and there not allowed to throw in extras to bring down the cost ...ie shaker motor ect if i was selling machines and someone buys 5 games a year from me I'm going for the volume and the big picture to keep him happy ...just my opinion

#9 7 years ago

So who is pocketing the extra $300!?

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Prices haven't really went up but instead all distros were told by stern to sell for the same price.

Not sure what you mean by this.
Last fall all pro models were around $4600.
Yes, some vendors like Cointaker included a shaker motor. Although they were "throwing it in free" you really were paying for it (at a discount price).
Now all dealers minimum charge is $4900 (per Stern) but they can charge more.

#11 7 years ago

So who is pocketing the extra $300!?

Unless stern has increased their prices they charge the distros, the distros are getting that money.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

Now all dealers minimum charge is $4900 (per Stern) but they can charge more.

This is completely false. Call around and you can find them cheaper.

If this is the new pricing model that Stern is pushing for then they are making the decision to go by a heighway game even easier.
Pro models for 5k or get a premium package with 2 color monitors for 6500 (or under)

#13 7 years ago

Called for a NIB Mustang Pro, and $4995 is what I was quoted.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I too have called around and have been quoted better/different prices. If Stern is asking distros to charge the same, some clearly aren't listening.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

I too have called around and have been quoted better/different prices. If Stern is asking distros to charge the same, some clearly aren't listening.

What were you quoted?

#16 7 years ago

I thought Stern was only defining what distros could advertise for price. Distros can still sell for what ever they want. I was quoted less than the 4900/6700 for any NIB Stern.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from cards25:

I thought Stern was only defining what distros could advertise for price. Distros can still sell for what ever they want. I was quoted less than the 4900/6700 for any NIB Stern.

This is correct. Dealers can't advertise less than a set price but are allowed to still sell for what they want. You may need to go in person to get best price unless you are a regular.

#18 7 years ago

Similar to the set pricing that Stern has set, Canon is the same way. I tried shopping around for a new camera last year, and got the same price, but one store bent the rules just a little more. They had a lens in their ad that was listed as Opened Box Mint Condition or something very similar. Said they weren't able to advertise a cheaper price for a brand new lens, but they could if they were opened boxes. So they said they were brand new lenses that they just opened up the flap on and then closed back up.

1 week later
#19 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If this is the new pricing model that Stern is pushing for then they are making the decision to go by a heighway game even easier.
Pro models for 5k or get a premium package with 2 color monitors for 6500 (or under)

Tell me who is selling pro models for less than $4900?

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

Tell me who is selling pro models for less than $4900?

Yeah I don't believe it.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Yeah I don't believe it.

Funny, Whysnow got 4 thumbs ups for his post, but I am wondering, when is the last time they got a current quote?

Yes, the pro's used to sell for $4600, but not any more.

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

Funny, Whysnow got 4 thumbs ups for his post, but I am wondering, when is the last time they got a current quote?

I was upvoting the second part of his post.
I'll know my price when I pick up my game in a few days.

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I got 5 quotes and all 5 were around that 5000 on Met Pro so I'm sure not seeing these deals

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

Yes, the pro's used to sell for $4600, but not any more.

4 weeks ago...

Guess what you get quoted is different than what I get quoted???

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

I got 5 quotes and all 5 were around that 5000 on Met Pro so I'm sure not seeing these deals

I lucked out and ordered my Met right before the Stern "pricing floor". It was $4600, I called around for a GB and the cheapest I could find was $4900. If there's cheaper out there I sure couldn't find anyone.

#26 7 years ago

I'm starting to wonder if the whole "minimum pricing" thing is going to cause a backlash for Stern. I've always felt there would be issues once they crossed over 5000 street price for the Pro level, but this might be worse.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

4 weeks ago...

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
There's always one person who can get it cheaper.
4 weeks ago Ghostbusters was at $4900 so unless your Gary Stern's nephew . . .

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I'm starting to wonder if the whole "minimum pricing" thing is going to cause a backlash for Stern. I've always felt there would be issues once they crossed over 5000 street price for the Pro level, but this might be worse.

It will...and then some other 80s idea will come out and everyone will shoot loads all over it and forget. But remember Sterns been suspect with their MSRPs before...so the next one that isn't as hot as GB, they'll lower it and everyone will get happy...then raise it up again.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

That's an insightful comment. - I think its a combination of the two reasons you mention.

For the past few years I've been ambivalent about price increases and just rolled with it. I can afford these machines and I will still buy certain titles... but at no where near the pace I use to. The market is now breaking a psychological barrier with me.

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It will...and then some other 80s idea will come out and everyone will shoot loads all over it and forget. But remember Sterns been suspect with their MSRPs before...so the next one that isn't as hot as GB, they'll lower it and everyone will get happy...then raise it up again.

The fluctuations were one thing. Different pricing on different games never really struck me as crazy, because of course you price something you think will be a great seller a bit higher. But right now it seems that something like Mustang has the same street price as Ghostbusters for a NIB. That isn't sustainable because nobody will buy the second tier games.

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

4 weeks ago...

If you are getting them cheaper your distributor/friend probably doesn't want you on pinside telling everyone about it. Probably best to just keep that info to yourself. Just something to consider.

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

The fluctuations were one thing. Different pricing on different games never really struck me as crazy, because of course you price something you think will be a great seller a bit higher. But right now it seems that something like Mustang has the same street price as Ghostbusters for a NIB. That isn't sustainable because nobody will buy the second tier games.

I see what you're saying; agree

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

If you are getting them cheaper your distributor/friend probably doesn't want you on pinside telling everyone about it. Probably best to just keep that info to yourself. Just something to consider.

I have called around to different distributors and all give differnet prices, but many have offered less than the 5k others keep quoting on here.

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I have called around to different distributors and all give differnet prices, but many have offered less than the 5k others keep quoting on here.

Do you say things like this just to be controversial?
Please educate yourself and make a few CURRENT phone calls.

Smassa, don't take this wrong, but please Whysnow, do us all a favor. Tell us that vendors name. We want to save money too!
Maybe your getting a quote for NIB Mustang or WrestleMania that the dealer bought before the price change, but your not getting a Walking Dead which is what the OP asked for, for less than $4900.

#35 7 years ago

Doesn't seem that long ago I got my first nib MET for 4300.

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

Doesn't seem that long ago I got my first nib MET for 4300.

jack-ziegler-grandpa-complains-that-back-in-my-day-you-could-buy-a-brand-new-cadilla-new-yorker-cartoon_(resized).jpgjack-ziegler-grandpa-complains-that-back-in-my-day-you-could-buy-a-brand-new-cadilla-new-yorker-cartoon_(resized).jpg

#38 7 years ago

Lets face it Centerflank, we all know Automated are higher than most dealers.
They sold me a machine about 10 months ago for $4800 (I got caught up in the take it home now BS) when machines were selling for $4600. I contacted Mike for a quote for a Walking Dead (it was instock), reminding him I bought a machine from them before and was quoted over $5k.

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from Pins4me:

Lets face it Centerflank, we all know Automated are higher than most dealers.
They sold me a machine about 10 months ago for $4800 (I got caught up in the take it home now BS) when machines were selling for $4600. I contacted Mike for a quote for a Walking Dead (it was instock), reminding him I bought a machine from them before and was quoted over $5k.

That's great but that is cointaker I pictured....

#40 7 years ago

It's a valid comment. Stern raised their prices $300 each year for the past 2 years. Seems a bit steep, especially considering they're still building the same games.

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

That's great but that is cointaker I pictured....

lol, when I saw your post, I thought it was Automated too. Cointaker will do better than this price if you call.

#42 7 years ago

I'm sticking with Trent

#43 7 years ago

That's actually a great price grab it

#44 7 years ago

When things start costing more, just give yourself a raise...

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I'm sticking with Trent

I've heard a lot of good things about Trent as a dealer that I have no doubt are well deserved, but my personal experience with him has been quotes even higher than eBay retailers. As a consequence, I've gone elsewhere and three out of four of my NIB purchases have been from Steve and Gio at Pinball Refinery. Good guys that I can highly recommend!

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I've heard a lot of good things about Trent as a dealer that I have no doubt are well deserved, but my personal experience with him has been quotes even higher than eBay retailers. As a consequence, I've gone elsewhere and three out of four of my NIB purchases have been from Steve and Gio at Pinball Refinery. Good guys that I can highly recommend!

It's interesting how that works, I called everybody in the US for my first NIB, and Trent was the cheapest by a good margin

#47 7 years ago

Trent was almost $1,000.00 above everyone else when I called him last year.

#48 7 years ago

... my post doesn't make sense. too tired. will post again tomorrow after sleep. LOL sorry...

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

No. This is true. Stern has told distributors to sell at a min allowable price

#50 7 years ago

Careful we don't want pros to look like this, but I think the prices for nib are outta control but they can't make them fast enough so I would raise the price too, business is business

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-the-going-rate-for-nib-twd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.