11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Joshmx19
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

So I have been shopping a lot of pins lately and generally what I like to do on a shop job is:
    1.Remove everything from the top of the playfield and clean/polish everything.
    2.Replace all the bulbs and rubbers and star posts that are broken or too nasty to be saved.
    3.Fix any problems with the pin like broken targets or board hacks.
    4.Vacuum out the cabinet and wipe down any dirty components inside.
    5.Clean cabinet then touch up any paint problems (usually only black) then wax the cab
    6.Clean the translight or backglass.
    Then of course reassemble and make any adjustments needed and freshen up any mechs under the playfield even if just by giving the parts a good cleaning. Make sure pin is 100% or make it 100% by repairing anything else and send it out the door.

So usually I do this for good friends and dont worry about the money part other than parts and whatever they want to give for my troubles but what would be a good starting point to charge for this service? The reason I ask is people are starting to catch on and want this done so looks like I got myself a little side job... My first person who contacted me is going to trade a future spa to get his pinbot clean and working haha.

#2 11 years ago

There a very current thread on this at the moment.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cost-for-a-shop-job

#3 11 years ago

Oops sorry, I have been thinking of making this thread for about a week and just got to it. That thread is informative and pretty much answers my question.

#4 11 years ago

Best avatar ever to the op

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from PEN:

Best Avatar ever to the op

Thank you, thank you haha. Gotta love Bubbles!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-the-going-rate-for-a-shop-job and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.