(Topic ID: 290565)

Whats the going price for MMR royal edition?

By srmonte

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6065 (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

Hello, I have a huo mmr royal. I am wondering its value? Seeing lots of spikes in games made my mind wander. Might consider selling.

Thanks

Shaun

#2 3 years ago

Depends. Where are you?

#3 3 years ago

I've had several $13-14K "offers" from owners on my previous WTB ad w/toppers included.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I've had several $13-14K "offers" from owners on my previous WTB ad w/toppers included.

I was going to say $12k for west coast with the topper. But location really does affect the price.

#5 3 years ago

Too much, if I had one I’d have sold it yesterday

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I was going to say $12k for west coast with the topper. But location really does affect the price.

I had a West coast offer to me at $14K!

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Too much, if I had one I’d have sold it yesterday

yep and would not think twice

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I had a West coast offer to me at $14K!

insane - the restored originals did not even bring this before the remakes

#10 3 years ago

I could give a crap about the RE topper, I am just waiting for CGC to make more SE editions.. cmon CGC lets go!

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I could give a crap about the RE topper, I am just waiting for CGC to make more SE editions.. cmon CGC lets go!

CE man, paying a grand for a slightly larger DMD that ruins the classic look? No thanks!

#12 3 years ago

same here

#13 3 years ago

The Price Police are Dead. List it for $20k and if the Price Police show up, move it to $25k.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

insane - the restored originals did not even bring this before the remakes

Definitely did. At one point they were over 15k.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:The Price Police are Dead. List it for $20k and if the Price Police show up, move it to $25k.

I will take $20K anytime someone wants to pony up. Considering there are only 350 of them supposedly out there these are a rare commodity

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

CE man, paying a grand for a slightly larger DMD that ruins the classic look? No thanks!

The larger DMD on AFMr is very nice. I wouldn't mind one on MMr at all. In fact, I'd probably welcome it.

#17 3 years ago

The bigger screen is awesome.

#18 3 years ago

I have a SE and have to agree, the large display and color changing GI are amazing.

#19 3 years ago

I have seen them for $11,000-$13,500 and a couple of ass-hats trying to price gouge people for $16,000 and hyper-inflate the already inflated market.

For me the MMR Royal's are too over the top and the lights are too bright and are annoying. I look at my MMR with subtle warm LED's to replicate the original and they look fabulous. For some reason I feel like the MMR needs to be kept as close to original as possible. I paid 7k for my MMR and scratch my head at people who like to spend $13k+ on one that is all blinged out. Different strokes for different folks.

#20 3 years ago

MMR Royal is by far the best version.

Anyone who says differently is lying to themselves.

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

MMR Royal is by far the best version

For those who like lipstick

If there was no price difference I would take a original HUO MM>then MMR>then MMR Royal-meh

#22 3 years ago

Someday I hope to find a HEP restored original MM that would be my grail game.

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from Tlamb:

color changing GI are amazing.

Clown puke

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from Tlamb:

the large display

Uggg don't even get me started on the big display-to me it is tacky and looks out of place

Can anyone tell-I do not care for MMR Royal?

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I have seen them for $11,000-$13,500 and a couple of ass-hats trying to price gouge people for $16,000 and hyper-inflate the already inflated market.
For me the MMR Royal's are too over the top and the lights are too bright and are annoying. I look at my MMR with subtle warm LED's to replicate the original and they look fabulous. For some reason I feel like the MMR needs to be kept as close to original as possible. I paid 7k for my MMR and scratch my head at people who like to spend $13k+ on one that is all blinged out. Different strokes for different folks.

Amen

#26 3 years ago

The clown puke show on those things is fuckign terrible. Luckily you can turn it off but then you're paying for shit just to turn off.

Quoted from V8haha:

Oh wow side mirrors and black trim...amazeballs

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

its the 1 i have so i agree.couldnt find an origional for sale

#28 3 years ago

Here comes the “clown puke” patrol. Lol.
I think the original and the MMR Royal are both beautiful games.
I probably lean to the originals nowadays.
I knows it’s just in my head but I feel the original plays better. Is it just me?
Anyway, good luck with the sale.

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Definitely did. At one point they were over 15k.

Yea, it seems like I remember 1 or 2 that hit $16k or so. Still insane. I remember thinking that I would never own one at that rate.

#30 3 years ago

I stuck a topper on my original MM. I have to say.... I very pleased with it. I lose out on the light show, but that doesn't bother me.

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Yea, it seems like I remember 1 or 2 that hit $16k or so. Still insane. I remember thinking that I would never own one at that rate.

That was $15-16k when you could get a NIB Spiderman for like $3300, so it seemed like a LOOOOOONNNNGG way off because it was like 4 or 5 new games. Now $15k is like two whole Stern Premiums, shipped, so it seems less terrible.

#32 3 years ago

Trying to understand the value in the Royal edition myself. Seems to me like CGC cannibalized any potential value in this model when they offered the Full royal edition upgrade kit and a rather affordable cost for anyone? I converted my standard over to Royal with topper, RGB, speaker kit, wide screen, etc at a fraction of what a royal cost. Was there something (plaque) else special that gives the real Royal a value??

IMG_6065 (resized).jpgIMG_6065 (resized).jpg
#33 3 years ago

Powdered coated speaker panels don't grow on trees. At least not for free....

#34 3 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Powdered coated speaker panels don't grow on trees. At least not for free....

Yep, thats Surely the value! lol They include a new complete speaker panel with the upgrade kit....

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Trying to understand the value in the Royal edition myself. Seems to me like CGC cannibalized any potential value in this model when they offered the Full royal edition upgrade kit and a rather affordable cost for anyone? I converted my standard over to Royal with topper, RGB, speaker kit, wide screen, etc at a fraction of what a royal cost. Was there something (plaque) else special that gives the real Royal a value??
[quoted image]

That's what I'm wondering, what else am I missing here besides the sparkle powder coat, plaque and longer warranty?

#36 3 years ago

That's what I'm wondering, what else am I missing here besides the sparkle powder coat, plaque and longer warranty?

I did the sparkle powdercoat (as shown) for $120 locally. Guess I need to make a plaque now!

#37 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I did the sparkle powdercoat (as shown) for $120 locally. Guess I need to make a plaque now!

Oh shoot that does look nice! I just zoomed in on the picture.
MMrYbird#1

#38 3 years ago

Never really been a fan of powder coating...I prefer my machines with regular stainless.

Which is why I hope that CGC will run some more MMr-SE. I tried to get one in the last run but they were sold out almost instantly.

#39 3 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

The MMRE for those of us that never got in on the original run was good value at 10K. They should at least hold close to the value paid and when you can buy anything, play it and still sell for close to that price who can complain.

The guys trying to pump and dump are not good for any of us but hey that's the supply and demand thing that appears to be the new norm in pinball.

When you see toppers selling for 2K a 12 or 15K grail pin doesn't sound all that bad a price

#40 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Was there something (plaque) else special that gives the real Royal a value??

Front Molding, Side Molding, Legs, Speaker Panel, Backbox Hinges, Lower Arch, Coin Door all that black with faint sparkle powder coat.

Active speaker lights, which people figured out how to do. RGB lighting is in the pop bumpers too.

LTG : )

#41 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That was $15-16k when you could get a NIB Spiderman for like $3300, so it seemed like a LOOOOOONNNNGG way off because it was like 4 or 5 new games. Now $15k is like two whole Stern Premiums, shipped, so it seems less terrible.

i would pay pay 14k a lot sooner for a royal than I would pay 20 to 30 k for a POTC or GNR all 3 are overpriced IMO

#42 3 years ago

Apparently 16k, but that doesn't include the good glass....

#43 3 years ago

End of the day, RE is just a name and a trim package, I wouldn’t say it has any value you don’t assign to it. Every version of MM is a kick ass game.

#44 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

[quoted image]

So you’re saying you can buy a NIB MMR from CgC, and buy all the add ons including powder coat, for less than they are selling MMRRE?

#45 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

So you’re saying you can buy a NIB MMR from CgC, and buy all the add ons including powder coat, for less than they are selling MMRRE?

i have been offered 14k but I enjoy it too much to sell it.not really into selling anyway.

#46 3 years ago

Sale pending @ $16k.

#47 3 years ago
Quoted from VMAX:

Sale pending @ $16k.

good gravy

#48 3 years ago
Quoted from VMAX:

Sale pending @ $16k.

Damn I have been low balled

#49 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Technically yes. Not saying I know the availability of MMR standards currently but yes, I bought a standard and the full Royal upgrade kit and it cost Way less then a Royal edition.

4 months later
#50 2 years ago

If anyone here is serious about selling their MMR Royal please PM me. Thank you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 9.95
$ 64.99
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-the-going-price-for-mmr-royal-edition?hl=imagamejunky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.