Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by thundergod76
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

whocares (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shock_me.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

This is a great example of why you gotta play the games for yourself. One persons treasure is another persons trash...and that's true no matter how popular a title is.
I guess there's two ways to look at it: They are still working on code... or they've decided to kick it to the back seat. Let's be honest: with Stern, anything is possible. If I were looking at this game, I'd have to love how it shoots AND have a firm understanding of what kind of code holes exist...that would help you make a good educated guess as to whether or not another code drop would get the game to completion. And that's really hard to do with these Stern games. They are so complex to start (rules/code-wise) that you need to have one that you can play a lot.
Lonnie has had some nice code efforts over the years, but no where near the level of the big guns of the industry. That makes me wonder how satisfied folks will ultimately be...

People seem to have forgotten that Lyman, not Lonnie, did the last code update for KISS. It's been a while, so easy to forget that I suppose

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

No proof he's going to come back and finish it... not the first time he's helped clean up a mess (ST). One would have to assume that he's wading through high water with BM66.

Yeah fair enough, and not really what I was implying. My point was, the game code is fairly well rounded and thought out as it sits now with the exception of the "Cities" that is still hanging there like a rotten apple. Heck there are 5 multi-balls on this game! I own and play this game daily, and I don't find it to be the shit show that a lot of people like to say it is. It shoots really smooth with the right amount of tough shots, (Starchild area, right ramp, left orbit), and easier shots, (center ramp, Gene head). It's a fun game! A bit more code, no matter who does it, will make it that much better IMO.

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

I honestly think KISS has the best artwork of any of the modern Stern machines. GB is pretty nice as well.

I agree with this. Kevin O'Connor did a great job with the art on this game, and whether you like the game/band or not, it's hard to argue with that.

#55 2 years ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

Where is this documented?

I was afraid someone was going ask that lol. Honestly I don't remember where I read that, but I recall it being stated in one of the many KISS threads ages ago when the latest code dropped. I'm pretty sure I didn't just make it up, but ya never know. I know I really doubt I'd find the info at this point, so believe it or not

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 50.00
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 11.95
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 263.55
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shock_me.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside