7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

whocares (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I think Avatar's rules are pretty comparable to both IM and Tron but the game as a whole is not as good as either of those. the rules aren't all that deep but challenging and geared towards shorter games. I'm not a big fan of the theme but the layout has some nice tight shots and I like how the captive ball is integrated into the rules. The playfield does feel a bit barren only having a single ramp though. It's a decent game but between that and GOT Pro I'd definitely opt for GOT especially since they are priced fairly similar.

Good rundown of Avatar. It's definitely from the IM/Tron era of simple rules with some stacking nuance. The captive ball is awesome, and destroying the AMP suit with the narrow target shot is very satisfying. Like IM it has an excellent cinematic sound package. It gets a slightly lower score from IM and Tron due to it's one way orbit and single ramp....but I found it very fun and satisfying to play while I had it.

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

I also own KISS LE. The metallic art is pretty sweet, but I don't think its worth the money.
I honestly think KISS has the best artwork of any of the modern Stern machines. GB is pretty nice as well.

It's OK...there's some bad forced perspective that makes the characters look like they have stubby arms. Overall it's pretty flat. I think it gets the "great art" pass due to it being hand drawn and not Photoshopped....but at the end of the day, it's pretty mediocre hand drawn art. Dirty Donny & Zombie Yeti are bringing a real energy and fun to hand drawn pinball art that's leagues beyond Kiss. Metallica, Ghostbusters, and Aerosmith are far superior art packages, IMO.

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from Tempest:

The price difference is only $300 between the two. I don't know, I a bit torn. The good news is I AM getting one of the two!!!

Yeah for $300 just go LE. $300 is worth it for the powdercoat, mirrored backglass and metallic decals.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-the-feeling-about-kiss-premium?tu=rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.