Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by thundergod76
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

whocares (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fattdirk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think it sucks compared to the regular KISS. Perfect example of a Stern game where the Pro was perfect, and they just stuck a bunch of crap on it to justify asking $1000-2000 more for an LE/Premium.

I completely disagree with this. The three color GI makes the game so much cooler with the game completely changing color based upon what mode you're in. Also the magnet floating ball trick is what makes new players ooh and ahh when they play it. Of course it loses it's wow factor after awhile like anything else.

There is a definite risk on picking up a kiss right now as Stern keeps promising a code drop but with no timeframe and constant "stay tuned" posts. It's a fun game as is but could use a little polish. Check the kiss fanclub for tips on changing the settings to make the game more fun. I play the crap out of mine.

#38 2 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

fatdirk, you make a good point about the RGB GI lighting but with a little clarification. The pro has RGBs in the major shots inserts so you can easily see which mode you're in. I believe the big difference is that the grid uses RGB color inserts to tell when you're stacking completed grid items. In the pro, you have no clue how many times you've spelled KISS ARMY. Plus the light show is way cooler on the Prem/LE if I remember correctly.

That's not what I'm referring to. The premium has three colors of LEDs in the general illumination and the entire game changes color based on different modes. When you're in demon multiball the whole game it lit in red. This lighting alone blows away the gameplay experience in the pro.

#54 2 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

People seem to have forgotten that Lyman, not Lonnie, did the last code update for KISS. It's been a while, so easy to forget that I suppose

Where is this documented?

#56 2 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

I was afraid someone was going ask that lol. Honestly I don't remember where I read that, but I recall it being stated in one of the many KISS threads ages ago when the latest code dropped. I'm pretty sure I didn't just make it up, but ya never know. I know I really doubt I'd find the info at this point, so believe it or not

I think I read that on here also, but that doesn't hold much weight. I just find it hard to believe with the missing depths of code for the game compared to most Lyman games. Feels like a typical Lonnie game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 263.55
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fattdirk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside