(Topic ID: 120077)

What's the farthest you've traveled to buy an EM?

By goldenboy232

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 46 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by calvin12
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ccotenj.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 9 years ago

10 hours to pick up two projects i never should have picked up...

but at least one of them is in a good home now...

i would spend a weekend if it was one of the "short list" machines in good condition...

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I drove to Oceanside to pick up Magic Clock. About an hour from here. Very nice machine. Sometimes you really have to put yourself out to get the rare ones.

it constantly amazes me the suffering that you manage to survive...

#16 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

If life get's any harder I may have to resign.

before you hand in your resignation, please ensure that all em pins are appropriately ready for shipping to nj....

Quoted from Shapeshifter:

When I was truly insane, I drove for 26 hours round trip to buy a Strange World that was not as described. 1500 miles. Came home with an empty car, and a vow to never do anything so stupid again

pinball collecting is the very definition of insanity... at least to "non-collectors", who can't even begin to comprehend owning pinball machines, let alone the amount of time and money "we" spend tracking them down and making them work...

my old man still thinks i'm nuts, even though over 40 years ago i was begging him for one...

#19 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

No shipping. You are going to then find out about driving 3000 miles for a pinball machine. You won't have to worry about the other 3000 miles because after you see our weather here, you may never go back.

fly, rent big truck, drive home... i'll get bert to come with me to keep me company...

why do you think i'm so reticent to visit socal? i KNOW once i'm there i'd never want to leave... as much as i love jersey, your weather trumps all...

#23 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

It rained all night and is now sunny. Chilly but sunny. The tomato plants are loving it!

exactly the same weather conditions here... except the rain was freezing upon contact with the ground... all gone now thanks to mr. sol though...

Quoted from AlexF:

I had a similar experience on my longest trip. Although it was my wife who was puking. 12 hour round trip. Never again. These days it's hard to get motivated to drive more than an hour.

memo to self: no pickles mixed with coffee on road trips...

y'know, i hate to say it, but i kinda agree with the last sentence... as noted, for a short lister i'd make a really long drive if needed, but i'm not dragging my carcass very far just to get "any game thats a good deal" any longer like i would a year ago... i think a big part of that is that i'm essentially full... if i had more space, i'd probably still have more stamina...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ccotenj.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-the-farthest-youve-traveled-to-buy-an-em?tu=ccotenj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.