7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by wayout440
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider UvulaBob.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

When I took apart my Taxi, I was dumb and didn't do a good enough job of keeping all the various assemblies bagged and self-contained. I figured that all these parts were pretty standardized. Well, now I'm putting everything back together, and I'm finding that to not be the case.

Compounding things is the fact that the Taxi manual lists the same part number for a particular washer (4700-00073-00) but each time that part number is listed in an assembly, the specs for that washer are different.

This leads me to wonder: does it really matter which washer I use wherever, as long as it fits and does the job it looks like it's supposed to do? Most of these washers are just there for an e-clip or hairpin to rub up against so they don't get bound up in the actual moving parts. As long as whatever washer I use has an appropriate inner and out diameter, and isn't so thick that it binds the mech from moving, does it really matter what I use?

And to sate my curiosity - why would there be different specs for the same part number through the manual? Complete incompetence on Williams' behalf?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider UvulaBob.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-the-deal-with-washers?tu=UvulaBob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.