(Topic ID: 63372)

What's the craziest trade you've ever done?

By swampfire

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 48 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Atomicboy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swampfire.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

This can include situations where you sold pin A and bought pin B soon after. Obviously, YOU don't think the trade was crazy, but others may. Here are mine:

1. Sold Centaur with CPR playfield and plastics, bought CSI for even money.
    2. Sold Whitewater, bought a nice Fathom.

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from Nexyss:

I traded Pinbot and High Speed for Apollo 13. It seemed crazy at the time, but I play Apollo 13 more than the other two combined, so I think it turned out to be a good trade.

That's a good trade IMO...

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from mwong168:

So the final deal was my HUO TSPP for a really nice I500 and JM.

Good trade, not crazy at all!

#26 10 years ago

Take "crazy" to mean whatever you want. Maybe "interesting" is a better word.

I have no regrets about trading my Centaur for a CSI. I feel like I traded one rare pin for another, and I couldn't get past the backglass art for Centaur. My son was appalled that I did this trade at first, but he's grown to love the gameplay on CSI (although he still thinks the theme is in bad taste, which I think is funny).

#29 10 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Found a guy with an old em pin I was interested in. I own a garage door company and offered him an installed garage door for a trade, he said he wasn't interested in a garage door but wanted a kayak. I told him I didn't have one so he asked me if he can find someone who has a kayak and needs a garage door could I do it and I chuckled and said sure, thinking theres no way this guy is gonna pull this off.
    He calls me two days later and says he found a third party to do the three way trade. the following week I went to this guys house and installed his garage door. As I was finishing up the guy with the pin shows up and gives me the pin and picks up his kayak from the guy who got the garage door. Win-win-win for everybody.

Winner!

#41 10 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

Not me, but my friend who likes to play pinball, but doesn't know much about them, traded a fully working nice Monster Bash (with additional set of decals) for a beat to shit re-import WH2O and $1,500. I tried to tell him to watch out, but the guy hosed him good. Claimed the WH2O was in much better condition. Trade happened in Chicago and I wasn't there and it was all wrapped up, so he couldn't see it. I didn't see what he got until he got back to MN. What a turd, no original topper, dry wall screw in the shooter lane, missing mountain, playfield wear.

OUCH!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swampfire.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-the-craziest-trade-youve-ever-done?tu=swampfire and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.