New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 63372)

What's the craziest trade you've ever done?

By swampfire

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 48 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Atomicboy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

#1 7 years ago

This can include situations where you sold pin A and bought pin B soon after. Obviously, YOU don't think the trade was crazy, but others may. Here are mine:

1. Sold Centaur with CPR playfield and plastics, bought CSI for even money.
    2. Sold Whitewater, bought a nice Fathom.

#2 7 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Yep, I think you won!

I don't have any really myself, unless selling BK and getting Taxi counts, but thats not really crazy.

#3 7 years ago

I have actually completed two separate 3 way pinball trades. One was so convoluted, I don't even recall some of the trade items involved. I know I gave a pac-man upright and some NES games along with money to someone that had a pin I wanted that was in turn going to trade the NES stuff to someone else for a different pin they wanted (different amount of money as well). That person also had a Neo Geo game I wanted so it got thrown in the mix as well. It took a month to get the details and transactions all worked out.

On the easier to remember 3 way trade, IJ-CV-G&R-TSPP and $ all traded hands across two states.

#4 7 years ago

I traded my free time to my boss for a paycheck.

#5 7 years ago

I gave a Champions Pub + a Johnny Mnemonic + a Theatre of Magic for a HUO Shrek .

#6 7 years ago

Someone offered me their Kiss for my STTNG. Glad I said no.

#7 7 years ago

I traded a friend a stack of baseball cards for next to nothing, only later to realize one of my more prized rookie cards was in it --- I remember going back to him and trying to get that single card and he refused.

Punk!

#8 7 years ago

Best trade ever Avatar pro for a Medieval Madness.

Great purchase:
    CV HUO - 900euro
    CP - 400euro

#9 7 years ago

Traded a working Rowe change machine for a dirty, but nice Mousin Around.

Still miss that game

Chris

#10 7 years ago

I traded a better than players condition Funhouse for a Batman Forever. Some people would call that crazy.

I traded one of the nicest DE Simpsons I've ever seen for a really nice babypac. I probably lost on the deal, but babypac is a keeper game for me, and DE Simpsons is what it is.

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from wellarmed:

I gave a Champions Pub + a Johnny Mnemonic + a Theatre of Magic for a HUO Shrek .

Wow would never do that lol

#12 7 years ago

you win.

#13 7 years ago

What I put in:
    Working Taxi and Badcats
    Nonworking Amazon hunt

What he put in
    Working Bally Joust
    Nonworking Spaceshuttle, Pheonix, Flash, Paragon (Pristine, sold for 1500) (I had all working that night)
    $1000

#14 7 years ago

Oh man where is Jediturtle, he did a 6for1 trade or something.

Quoted from 27dnast:

I traded a friend a stack of baseball cards for next to nothing, only later to realize one of my more prized rookie cards was in it --- I remember going back to him and trying to get that single card and he refused.
    Punk!

Doesnt he still have it and brags about it? LOL! I thought I remember you posting about that once.

#15 7 years ago

I traded Pinbot and High Speed for Apollo 13. It seemed crazy at the time, but I play Apollo 13 more than the other two combined, so I think it turned out to be a good trade.

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from wellarmed:

Wow...worst trade of all time? For you...

#17 7 years ago

This is one of my favorite posts of all time...I love my WWFRR but would make a trade like this also in a heartbeat...

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/royal-rumble-for-lotr

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

This is one of my favorite posts of all time...I love my WWFRR but would make a trade like this also in a heartbeat...
    http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/royal-rumble-for-lotr

yep. that was a good trade.

#19 7 years ago

I really wanted an I500 after playing it for the first time at my friend's house and surprised that my WTB post on a local forum got me a lead in under a week. After exchanging a few emails with the seller he noticed I had a TSPP which I got for pretty good deal but wasn't too crazy about. I proposed an I500+cash deal but seller needed to downsize and couldn't add cash. Gave me a choice between JM or NF. So the final deal was my HUO TSPP for a really nice I500 and JM.

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Oh man where is Jediturtle, he did a 6for1 trade or something.

LOL..oh yea...I think I'm going to win the crap out of this thread...probably twice!

I traded Memory Lane, Black Knight, High Speed, a diamond plated Whirlwind, Judge Dredd, and Demo Man for my X-Men Wolverine. They were all players games...some nicer than others, nothing close to CQ, but no total junk either (though DM was pretty rough as I hadn't started on it). Never regretted it, though I do miss my BK and JD sometimes, and I wouldn't mind having a nicer DM someday. But overall, it was a good trade for me.

Also, while not actually a trade, I did sell my Cirqus Voltaire to get my Avengers LE. Picked Avengers up on the way home from dropping off the CV, so it was practically a trade with a couple hundred left in my pocket.

Most would think I'm nuts giving up some proven classic B/Ws for mostly unloved Sterns, but I adore both games so to me it was a win.

#21 7 years ago

My spring break 6/10 and fair lady 3/10 for Dungeons & Dragons 8/10.

I think I got the better trade.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from Nexyss:

I traded Pinbot and High Speed for Apollo 13. It seemed crazy at the time, but I play Apollo 13 more than the other two combined, so I think it turned out to be a good trade.

That's a good trade IMO...

#23 7 years ago
    Quoted from mwong168:

So the final deal was my HUO TSPP for a really nice I500 and JM.

Good trade, not crazy at all!

#24 7 years ago

I took crazy to mean difficult and complicated. Not "best deal" type. I have put the "best" deals I've got in other threads but have really only made a few trades over the years... none of which favored either side tremendously.

#25 7 years ago

I traded a TSPP for a Diamond Plate WW and a ES. I hate Stern pins.

#26 7 years ago

Take "crazy" to mean whatever you want. Maybe "interesting" is a better word.

I have no regrets about trading my Centaur for a CSI. I feel like I traded one rare pin for another, and I couldn't get past the backglass art for Centaur. My son was appalled that I did this trade at first, but he's grown to love the gameplay on CSI (although he still thinks the theme is in bad taste, which I think is funny).

#27 7 years ago

I've only outright traded for two pins:

Very nice BSD with full LEDs and one line out on DMD for a very nice Shadow with no LEDs (has them now ). Happy with that trade in the end. Both are great games, but I do think TS fits me better.

Good players BOP for nice LAH. Was happy with that one as well. Most people like BOP more, but I enjoy LAH better, personally.

#28 7 years ago

Found a guy with an old em pin I was interested in. I own a garage door company and offered him an installed garage door for a trade, he said he wasn't interested in a garage door but wanted a kayak. I told him I didn't have one so he asked me if he can find someone who has a kayak and needs a garage door could I do it and I chuckled and said sure, thinking theres no way this guy is gonna pull this off.

He calls me two days later and says he found a third party to do the three way trade. the following week I went to this guys house and installed his garage door. As I was finishing up the guy with the pin shows up and gives me the pin and picks up his kayak from the guy who got the garage door. Win-win-win for everybody.

#29 7 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Found a guy with an old em pin I was interested in. I own a garage door company and offered him an installed garage door for a trade, he said he wasn't interested in a garage door but wanted a kayak. I told him I didn't have one so he asked me if he can find someone who has a kayak and needs a garage door could I do it and I chuckled and said sure, thinking theres no way this guy is gonna pull this off.
    He calls me two days later and says he found a third party to do the three way trade. the following week I went to this guys house and installed his garage door. As I was finishing up the guy with the pin shows up and gives me the pin and picks up his kayak from the guy who got the garage door. Win-win-win for everybody.

Winner!

#30 7 years ago

CENTAUR/FATHOM/SWORD OF FURY FOR A 60 IN 1 VIDEO GAME. i HAD $250 IN THE GAME.

#31 7 years ago

I traded a mint HUO modded IM + a mint HUO modded Avatar LE for a mint HUO modded Tron LE.

#32 7 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

now THAT is a crazy trade! Nice!

#33 7 years ago

Traded a Sweet CV for a HUO IM . was my only trade ever , Sold the IM as it was not enjoyable to me . Way over rated IMHO

Oopps forgot I traded a CFTBL and IJ Wlms For Scared Stiff and 1500 Dollars a while back too, just had to have a SS

#34 7 years ago

I traded a JM for an almost NIB (cuz it was opened) WPT a few years ago when JM was still a 1k game

#35 7 years ago

X-Men Wolverine, modded Tron Pro for a low played Tron LE with mods. TSPP mint HOU for a nice TAF. I like trading more than buying it's a unique rush pulling off a good trade.

#36 7 years ago

Traded a nice cab, beat pf F14, beat WW, a Yamaha blaster quad and a homemade mame arcade for a minty Junkyard, 3 months later traded that for a nice Creech. Still have that game 4 years later

#37 7 years ago

My one and only trade was my unconfirmed but perfect cftbl for a very nice but routed TSPP. I hated cftbl. I got it from an ex hockey player (can't say, don't ask) who bought it from another back in 1994.

It's crazy because someone actually wanted cftbl.

#38 7 years ago

Not a direct trade, i won't mention the title in case the guy who got my pin reads this. I had a beat up pin a guy wanted to buy from me but i didn't want to sell it, after a week of this guy hounding me to sell it to him i found one for sale that was in great condition with a lot of new parts. I called the guy that was hounding me and he bought my pin for the same money i was able to get the new pin for.

#39 7 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

..I got it from an ex hockey player (can't say, don't ask)..

^^ was this necessary?

#40 7 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

This can include situations where you sold pin A and bought pin B soon after. Obviously, YOU don't think the trade was crazy, but others may. Here are mine:

Not me, but my friend who likes to play pinball, but doesn't know much about them, traded a fully working nice Monster Bash (with additional set of decals) for a beat to shit re-import WH2O and $1,500. I tried to tell him to watch out, but the guy hosed him good. Claimed the WH2O was in much better condition. Trade happened in Chicago and I wasn't there and it was all wrapped up, so he couldn't see it. I didn't see what he got until he got back to MN. What a turd, no original topper, dry wall screw in the shooter lane, missing mountain, playfield wear.

#41 7 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

Not me, but my friend who likes to play pinball, but doesn't know much about them, traded a fully working nice Monster Bash (with additional set of decals) for a beat to shit re-import WH2O and $1,500. I tried to tell him to watch out, but the guy hosed him good. Claimed the WH2O was in much better condition. Trade happened in Chicago and I wasn't there and it was all wrapped up, so he couldn't see it. I didn't see what he got until he got back to MN. What a turd, no original topper, dry wall screw in the shooter lane, missing mountain, playfield wear.

OUCH!

#42 7 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I love love love my WH2O, but if the Fathom was nice enough, I would have a hard time saying no to this.

#43 7 years ago
    Quoted from starbase:

X-Men Wolverine, modded Tron Pro for a low played TRON LE with mods. TSPP mint HOU for a nice TAF. I like trading more than buying it's a unique rush pulling off a good trade.

So you traded an XMEN Wolverine for drop targets and rope lights? Wow...

#44 7 years ago

CP for BSD. CP had blown out inserts, needed a PF, backglass, dmd was shot...

#45 7 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

It's crazy because someone actually wanted cftbl.

you're crazy for not liking it.

#46 7 years ago

I did two car related trades - one was 4 pins and a golden tee for a gorgeous 1977 gran prix - I remember high speed, Friday the 13th, and I can't remember the other 2 - one was a system 1.

I think it was fair for both of us

the next one was my 1957 chevy (seen on the pickers episode in which they bought an ek pinball in Johnston ri)

I traded that for my old 67 mustang back, a mint seeburg c jukebox, and a lot of rare woodrail pins. all total about 12 pins. I told the person he was giving me too much, but he wanted the car and it is what he offered.

I sold everything but the jukebox and put almost 40k in my pocket - I was willing to sell the car for 18k - but this offer was a no brainer

I can still see the car today - sadly it sits outside where it was seen on pickers

thanks ed

#47 7 years ago

I traded my F-14 Tomcat, Fire!, and a Ms. Pacman arcade game for a Simpsons pinball Party.

I also did a 3-way trade involving a Centaur 2, Flash, and Squarehead? I forgot the last game involved.

#48 7 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

you're crazy for not liking it.

I tried solid for a week, and debated dropping it off a cliff in the end opposed to getting some value back for it. I hated it, and I mean hate in every meaning of the word. Perfect example too, I was really disappointed in the play.

Quoted from MTPPC:

^^ was this necessary?

Why? It was just an interesting point, but one I can't elaborate on.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7.95
    Various Novelties
    PIC
    $ 5,999.00
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    BK Pinball
    Lighting - Interactive
    Cobra Amusements
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Rocket City Pinball
    $ 4.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinfarmer Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 27.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    Maple Street Sign Shop
    Cabinet - Other
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Game Room Info Shop
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 899.00
    $ 20.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 20.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside