Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Budwin
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

814066183ee72514d68708f2e75d4cec49edf6dc_(resized).jpg
    35e0e2f8700e42169a65588705884abe0974f311_(resized).jpg
    20160211_195706_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shock_me.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 8 years ago

Well it's a solid 40-50 hours of work if you take the time to properly clean and polish all the parts. So whatever someone's time is worth multiply it by that I guess.

#16 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pin_Guy:

I believe all 4 of the OP's machines will take longer than that to disassemble and reassemble without cleaning or polishing anything. If the machine in question is the STTNG, and you are paying for a playfield swap, you may as well send it out for a full restoration since everything else is simple by comparison. I can say with certainty it took me around 50 hours to reassemble the playfield AFTER everything was disassembled, cleaned, and repaired.
    Admittedly, I wasn't in a race to get it put back together but you just run into things on new play fields that slow you down; for instance, some of the lighting panels on mine could not be installed using the starter holes. So you have to decide which hole(s) are right and which ones are off before you can screw it in place.

Yes fair enough, STTNG is a MAJOR swap, and not for the faint of heart. It would help to know which game the OP is swapping . I can say though, after you've done a few yourself, (I've done five), you do get a lot more efficient at the tear down stage, which saves you huge time. I start the tumbler within the first hour, while I disassemble. It's like anything, the more you do, the quicker and better you get. My comment on 40-50 hours was mainly meant for the guys you might hire to do this for you, like Jim McCune, Brian Kelly, or Chris Hutchins. Those guys are ninjas

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shock_me.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-the-cost-of-a-playfield-swap?tu=shock_me and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.